ADVERTISEMENT

It's Bowl Season!

So does anyone see tonight's championship game as anything more than anticlimactic?? I don't think that any (including me) objective observer is giving TCU a chance. IMO the actual title game was already played on New Year's Eve evening. In fact, I'd be surprised if the Frogs make this competitive at all.

So does anyone see tonight's championship game as anything more than anticlimactic?? I don't think that any (including me) objective observer is giving TCU a chance. IMO the actual title game was already played on New Year's Eve evening. In fact, I'd be surprised if the Frogs make this competitive at all.
You didn't think this game was going to be UGA vs Michigan?

We shall see...

TCU is outmanned but they’re also poorly coached on defense. So that’s a bad combo.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Saban said it before the game, and it is true to this point. the exact plan he always has,
Paraphrasing, UGA will dominate the line, making TCU one-dimensional and it will make it tough on their offense

Reactions: NoleLizards
Terrible display reminds me of when Notre Dame gets in and lays down. Makes you wonder how that happens. Is Georgia really that good or was everyone else that bad?

It sure turned out that way with the route that ensued. The game was over at halftime if not before when Georgia was up 31 to 7 and then added another touchdown before intermission.

The second half was just about pointless to watch which I tuned out on some of it.

That had to be the most boring championship game in many years.

It sure turned out that way with the route that ensued. The game was over at halftime if not before when Georgia was up 31 to 7 and then added another touchdown before intermission.

The second half was just about pointless to watch which I tuned out on some of it.

That had to be the most boring championship game in many years.
I turned it off at 31-7 when it was obvious TCU was just going through the motions. Georgia was using 4 players on offense and it looked like there was 20. The most boring for me was the Bama LSU rematch, that was a snoozer made worse by all the SEC slobbering.

Kirby Smart forced those Georgia folks to step up and outspend the Bammers. We all know that Georgia is loaded with high school talent who often took their abilities out of state, but that NIL money has helped them stay home.
That and the fact that Smart is a good coach.
That guy in College Station had all the money he needed but he is way below Kirby Smart in coaching ability. At the end of the day you still need to have that.

Kirby Smart forced those Georgia folks to step up and outspend the Bammers. We all know that Georgia is loaded with high school talent who often took their abilities out of state, but that NIL money has helped them stay home.
That guy in College Station had all the money he needed but he is way below Kirby Smart in coaching ability. At the end of the day you still need to have that.
Seeing saban up there on the panel, I know he's thinking, "I created this monster "

Unfortunately I think the guy in College Station (or team) will still get it done eventually. Not that I enjoy another SEC team winning but there's just too much money there for them not to dominate from buying players. Texas will join in too and muscle Georgia and Bama out of the picture. That's when the NCAA and the governing body (ESPN) will step in and control things. I just hope FSU can slip one in before it gets out of reach.

Reactions: goldmom

The change for UGA was investment before NIL started. After Smart was hired, they eventually tripled the money spent on football recruiting. They used a model similar to what Bama had been doing, which is what started getting the depth of players, not just really good players like Richt was getting.
Of course, they have used NIL to their advantage since 2021, but all my UGA friends will tell you that the booster collection calls back in 2016,2017, and 2018 were nonstop, even after you pledged to up your donation.

Love Smart talking about how Georgia players aren't "entitled" and have to earn their spots, which accounts for a lot of their success. That'll really piss off some of his peers in the coaching ranks.
His remarks just prior to the game were classic: “these dogs are gonna hunt tonight”. I got a laugh out of that one.

Reactions: MagNoleA
Unfortunately I think the guy in College Station (or team) will still get it done eventually. Not that I enjoy another SEC team winning but there's just too much money there for them not to dominate from buying players. Texas will join in too and muscle Georgia and Bama out of the picture. That's when the NCAA and the governing body (ESPN) will step in and control things. I just hope FSU can slip one in before it gets out of reach.
There WILL be a big shock to the whole SEC the minute UT steps in.
It’s why I am concerned about FSU joining that conference. We still have alumni who think they are entitled to sit on the 50 yard line using their grandparents accounts going back almost 50 years when $100 made you a big Booster. Are people going to step up?
Yours truly has a few more years before I decide not to run up and down I-10 for games but I’ll continue to support the Noles.

There WILL be a big shock to the whole SEC the minute UT steps in.
It’s why I am concerned about FSU joining that conference. We still have alumni who think they are entitled to sit on the 50 yard line using their grandparents accounts going back almost 50 years when $100 made you a big Booster. Are people going to step up?
Yours truly has a few more years before I decide not to run up and down I-10 for games but I’ll continue to support the Noles.
We will alert the state troopers regarding your I-10 itinerary. :cool: Just hope you don't have a long grueling drive like some fans. It takes several people all day driving to get into town by sundown at best.

His remarks just prior to the game were classic: “these dogs are gonna hunt tonight”. I got a laugh out of that one.
I did too. It was just hilarious. I very near lost all sense of composure.

I agree whole heartedly. The end of the day works for many people. Especially concerning arrivals at various destinations throughout this great nation of ours.

This reminds me of the predictions associated with Miami joining the ACC with, perhaps, less justification.

Despite the mythos surrounding Texas football, in my lifetime, the state of Texas has the same number of national championships as the state of Utah. Over that same timeframe, the SEC has 19 national titles to the state of Texas' one. As far as I can tell, the state of Texas has six national championships total in the last 100+ years, which is the same as the state of Alabama in the last 12 years.
I agree with your remarks but I’m talking about money and the effect the NIL will have concerning schools with huge amounts of it. Like Texas.

I agree with your remarks but I’m talking about money and the effect the NIL will have concerning schools with huge amounts of it. Like Texas.
What she said! :cool: The astute remarks that you whole heartedly agree with are very remarkable. You may be talkin' about money and all its effects, but I'm talkin' about prrrrrraaactice. Prrrrraaaactice? A.I.

Last edited:
ACC refs...ugh
NFL refs can't find their ass with both hands. Single handedly allowed the Seahawks in and forced the Lions out. Motown and Soul Train are fuming.
Talk about a Disco "Saaaaatisfaction......chain reaaaction" Inferno..... :cool:
Don Cornelius

Reactions: goldmom
And it now appears that the 5 star QB the Stinkin' Gators flipped from Miami is balking because the Gates didn't give him an allegedly promised $13 million NIL. Let that sink in a moment.

Parents may be thinking, "Screw the NFL money. It may never come, but this is there for the taking."

The ruination of college sports is getting closer.

Speaking of NIL money, did you all see what happened with the LSU gymnastics meet in Utah with regard to NIL leader, Libby Dunne?

Super creepy and concerning situation.

Rude fans, yes; but super creepy and concerning, no. No worse that Miss. St. and all their cowbells.

Unless there's something else that I don't know about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT