ADVERTISEMENT

James wilder

Stating it was a dumb decision for Wilder to play Rb at FSU is truly open for debate considering how much he meant to FSU in 2013. The fact that he was drafted as rb in the NFL for 3 years shows that the NFL also drafted the 5 star rb for Rivals for that purpose.

https://floridastate.rivals.com/commitments/football/2011

The fact that he wishes to now try to remain in the NFL by playing LB is also another good decision. A dumb decision would be one like Tim Tebow refusing to go to another position who is now out of the NFL for good. IMO

Wilder was an excellent leader that was a valued contributor to FSU's 14-0 NC season. Suggesting that he shouldn't have been a rb for FSU seems very silly and nonsensical. JMO

Suggesting that he would have been a greater LB at FSU is pure speculation based on the facts so far. Now if he turns in a All Pro LB then the experts on the board can make their case of him making a mistake. Hope he does because I wish the best for James.
Can't stand Tebow but I disagree on this. He has a legitimate career going without having to get banged up. Wilder is grasping at straws and will soon be unemployed.

Can't stand Tebow but I disagree on this. He has a legitimate career going without having to get banged up. Wilder is grasping at straws and will soon be unemployed.

Don't disagree completely with your opinion but aren't you applying a double standard? Why shouldn't Wilder get the same pass as Tebow for pursuing his dream of continuing to play in the NFL? Tebow is too stubborn to change, and sacrifices a career in the NFL to pursue something he has less chance than Wilder at sticking.. You are not seriously suggesting that Tebow will ever be a MLB player? Really?

Wilder has a far better chance being successful at his choice than Tebow. IMO

I doubt that Tebow reason's for not changing positions in football have anything to do with not getting banged up. Geesh! that was 90% of Tebows game as being a glorified FB playing QB.

It's sad that he was so arrogant and stubborn and thought he knew better than all the coaches who told him his future was at LB.

He would have been much better off had he listened and made the switch years ago.
I am guessing that he wanted to be like his dad.

Don't disagree completely with your opinion but aren't you applying a double standard? Why shouldn't Wilder get the same pass as Tebow for pursuing his dream of continuing to play in the NFL? Tebow is too stubborn to change, and sacrifices a career in the NFL to pursue something he has less chance than Wilder at sticking.. You are not seriously suggesting that Tebow will ever be a MLB player? Really?

Wilder has a far better chance being successful at his choice than Tebow. IMO

I doubt that Tebow reason's for not changing positions in football have anything to do with not getting banged up. Geesh! that was 90% of Tebows game as being a glorified FB playing QB.
No, I was suggesting he can be an SEC shill and make a good living at it. Lol at him playing baseball.

"He should rent it out" Jimbo's quote about Wilder's body that was classic. Wilder and Telvin at LB would have been an awesome tandem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT