ADVERTISEMENT

Jax Jaguars (Urban Meyer hired)

Urban wants $12M year smh
What’s wrong with that? It’s a win win. If he comes in and wins, he’s worth it to the franchise. If he comes in and fails, he made himself plenty of money. Why sell yourself short if someone is willing to pay. I know I wouldn’t.

What’s wrong with that? It’s a win win. If he comes in and wins, he’s worth it to the franchise. If he comes in and fails, he made himself plenty of money. Why sell yourself short if someone is willing to pay. I know I wouldn’t.
Nothing is wrong w it? How much does Andy Reid make?

Urban wants $12M year smh

Maybe he doesn't REALLY want the job, so he throws that out as a possible "excuse." I tell wifey all of the time I'd love to take a Yoga class with her, provided we do the 4:30 AM session. Seems like that's a deal breaker....damn the luck. :)

I’m sure he is in the $10mill range, but not sure what that has to do with Urban asking for $12
Because Reid is the best in the business and no way Urban should come in w no NFL experience and make more than him or any other top notch coach like Peyton

Because Reid is the best in the business and no way Urban should come in w no NFL experience and make more than him or any other top notch coach like Peyton

But wait....we paid $5MM per year to literally one of the worst coaches in college football history. Since when did "merit" matter???

Would Urban's coaching style and team management mesh well with highly paid professional football players???

not at all. Which is why the prospect of urban coaching in the nfl is ludicrous. His strengths as a coach are suited to college. He’s a terrible X’s and O’s Coach.

Manley, we AGREE! Not saying it would be a 100% certainty but trading down for the right offer wouldn’t be the dumbest thing in the world. Jax has a lot of needs.
He said Lawrence would not go #1, Fields would. So you are not in agreement because you said trade down and take Fields, but not at #1.

Manley, we AGREE! Not saying it would be a 100% certainty but trading down for the right offer wouldn’t be the dumbest thing in the world. Jax has a lot of needs.

The Jags have 11 draft picks and the most cap space. They can cover a lot of needs this off-season.

He said Lawrence would not go #1, Fields would. So you are not in agreement because you said trade down and take Fields, but not at #1.
I just caught that. I still think that pick could move though. As a Dolphins fan I would love to see them move up from 3. I am not sure Tua has any value right now. At least not first round value.

Urban has plenty of money. It’s not about what someone else makes, it’s about what someone is willing to pay him. You shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will still be among the stars.

Last edited:
Reactions: goldmom
I just caught that. I still think that pick could move though. As a Dolphins fan I would love to see them move up from 3. I am not sure Tua has any value right now. At least not first round value.
Whatever value he had, diminished yesterday. He looked horrendous!

I am sure he is familiar, but we all know why Manley is posting this. It is solely because he doesn't want sunshine to go #1.
Sunshine is going to make a team very happy and play in the league for a long time. I just hope for his sake he doesn’t drop to the Jets.

Reactions: Timnole
I can’t tell if some of you are serious or not.

Assuming Trevor Lawrence goes pro, he will 100% be the first pick, and that will 100% be the Jags. No chance for a trade. No chance for some other player.

I hope (but doubt) my Bucs pick up Fields to replace Tom after this year. Tom is only on a 2 year deal. Let Fields pick up some things from Brady and man our future looks bright!
They’d have to give up so many picks to move up that far. No way it happens. They should draft a QB but it would be more like Mac Jones or Trask. Maybe that kid from ND State drops far enough.

Reactions: FSUfan1973
Fields may turn out to be a better pro but the consensus is that Lawrence is a better prospect. I have seen both do some pretty impressive things but also some screw-ups that make you scratch your head. Nobody is perfect and they both should grow as QBs. It will depend on the players around them and coaching.

At first glance I thought the same. Fields. Then after thinking about past Urban QB’s, Lawrence makes sense because of his running ability. Like Tebow, Cam Newton, the QB from Ole Miss who left UF and came back to beat them in one of their championship years.

I hope (but doubt) my Bucs pick up Fields to replace Tom after this year. Tom is only on a 2 year deal. Let Fields pick up some things from Brady and man our future looks bright!
Don’t see how the Bucs swing that......they would have to throw a ton of future draft picks at a team in order to move up enough to get him barring an off field scandal involving him, major injury, or exceptionally bad combine. It would probably cost them something like 3 first round draft picks and 3 second round draft picks to move up 15 to 20 spots in order to land him. As a Dolphins fan I would gladly take your draft picks for the #3 pick......you interested? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: FSUfan1973
OP getting greedy. Clemson lost in blowout fashion in the playoffs and Lawrence isn’t winning the Heisman but Clemson is getting that #1 overall notch on the belt. You can’t win them all, OP.

The team you love to hate, but I keep watching nevertheless. Just something to do on Sunday afternoon.
Don't hate them .......... they just keep breaking your heart. Bucs fans must be some truly tough customers. Hats off to them.

I think you only trade down in that scenario if you have a franchise QB- passing on TL is career suicide. If he flops nobody will blame you. If he is what he is projected to be- easiest pick ever for a failing franchise.

A poll taken by local TV station has 54% of those voting are in favor of hiring Urban Meyer. 🙄
They will live to regret that hire. OSU parting ways with him and his two departures from Gville should be a major red flag.

They’d have to give up so many picks to move up that far. No way it happens. They should draft a QB but it would be more like Mac Jones or Trask. Maybe that kid from ND State drops far enough.
You’d mess up a wet dream lol

Don’t see how the Bucs swing that......they would have to throw a ton of future draft picks at a team in order to move up enough to get him barring an off field scandal involving him, major injury, or exceptionally bad combine. It would probably cost them something like 3 first round draft picks and 3 second round draft picks to move up 15 to 20 spots in order to land him. As a Dolphins fan I would gladly take your draft picks for the #3 pick......you interested? ;)
The price we pay to be a Buc fan. Usually we high enough to get a shot tho lol

Reactions: cpanole11
In Treavor's situation I would agree to sign with Jacksonville only with an acceptable head coach and roster strategy and maybe not then.

Ohio St QBs are terrible in the NFL...he will fall right in line w the rest
Texas Tech QB's weren't exactly tearing up the League either...until a certain Patrick Mahomes.

I'm NOT saying that Fields will be a Mahomes, so don't even go there. Just making a point that a QB must be evaluated on his own individual merits and that it's both unfair and disingenuous to disregard one merely due to the school he attended.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT