ADVERTISEMENT

Jax Jaguars (Urban Meyer hired)

His end of game management was worse than Dan Quinn’s. In the NFL so many games are close games. You have to have a coach that can manage that part of it. Great coordinator and a great man. Just not a very good NFL coach.
Yes he made some mistakes but man they were winning lately and Herbert was getting better and better

The only FB train wreck I'm gonna worry about is the one in Tally. Others are for amusement only.........😖

Would Urban's coaching style and team management mesh well with highly paid professional football players???

Would his offense mesh with the NFL? I know they are implementing spread concepts. But his is a spread option.

I'm pretty sure NFL coaches have to actually coach.

This seems to get overlooked a lot when people talk about Dabo to the NFL. From what I've observed over the years of watching football good NFL head coaches and coordinators are football savants. From all indications this is not who Dabo is, he's a CEO who's good at motivating and putting the pieces in place. This doesn't seem to be a good fit for him being successful in the NFL. Jimbo would be a better NFL fit than him. Now, I could be wrong, but if Dabo were to head to the NFL I think he'd be making a huge mistake.

I think Ryan Day gets heavily courted. He’s a damn good coach and has already coached in the NFL. I could see the Jets offering him the job and saying we’ll draft Fields. They could do worse.

Serious question, why would Mullen or Myer be any good at the NFL level? They seem to be good fits at college level. I just can't see Mullen as NFL coach. Meyer maybe.

This seems to get overlooked a lot when people talk about Dabo to the NFL. From what I've observed over the years of watching football good NFL head coaches and coordinators are football savants. From all indications this is not who Dabo is, he's a CEO who's good at motivating and putting the pieces in place. This doesn't seem to be a good fit for him being successful in the NFL. Jimbo would be a better NFL fit than him. Now, I could be wrong, but if Dabo were to head to the NFL I think he'd be making a huge mistake.
I have felt for years Jimbo would make a good NFL coach. The guy is a douchelord for what he did here at the end of his reign. But he is an absolute savant when it comes to football. And his style of play is perfect for the NFL.

As a Jags fan, I would be fine with Urban coming and giving it a try. But has anyone noticed that Brian Kelly's seat is hot for some reason? I am certainly not plugged into ND, but folks have been discussing it on radio and twitters, like the Domers feel they have reached their ceiling with him. Isn't ND supposedly Urban's dream job? Is he waiting around for Kelly to get ousted?

I have felt for years Jimbo would make a good NFL coach. The guy is a douchelord for what he did here at the end of his reign. But he is an absolute savant when it comes to football. And his style of play is perfect for the NFL.

Yeah, I can see his players responding well to his screaming in-your-face tirades. He might last two weeks before someone cleaned his clock.

Dabo would be a good GM in the NFL not a head coach. Jimbo would be a good head coach not GM. GM’s have to be a good butt kisser. Dabo is a good butt kisser. Jimbo isn’t. Jimbo is a Saban without all that hardware....yet. Must be a WV thing.

As a Jags fan, I would be fine with Urban coming and giving it a try. But has anyone noticed that Brian Kelly's seat is hot for some reason? I am certainly not plugged into ND, but folks have been discussing it on radio and twitters, like the Domers feel they have reached their ceiling with him. Isn't ND supposedly Urban's dream job? Is he waiting around for Kelly to get ousted?
Urban has ND on speed dial. ND knows this. Are they willing to pay the $12m plus deal with the devil to get him? They turned their back on Coach Spittle so I think the devil part is quite possible.

I think Ryan Day gets heavily courted. He’s a damn good coach and has already coached in the NFL. I could see the Jets offering him the job and saying we’ll draft Fields. They could do worse.
Man I haven’t even thought about how that could potentially line up for the Jets. They get the second pick. We KNOW Lawrence is off the board first overall. Bring in Ryan Day and he brings Fields with him. Now your rookie QB has his college coach there with him while he learns on the job. That’s a perfect scenario for the jets.

Would Urban's coaching style and team management mesh well with highly paid professional football players???
I seriously doubt it. He looks like a congressman but its well documented that he's extremely hard on his players. I know all coaches yell, but apparently he's like Saban level crazy at practice. Ralph Russo from the Associated Press said that he's seen a ton of practices around the country and Urban is really, really hard on his guys.

Will the health issues return if Urban goes back to coaching? I thought him leaving fu was an excuse, wouldn't anyone want to get out of there? Urban looked to be sick in his last days at OSU. Why not bring in another coach who doesn't have a track record of stress related illnesses? Strange move for Jacksonville and Urban alike.

My son who's a Jag fan made a great observation a few minutes ago....he said it's just the Jags luck to be in the market for a new head coach when six or seven other teams are firing their coaches.....He said he thinks all of the big name coaches will be gone by time the Jags job is filled....may have to settle for a rethread or some teams coordinator.....unless it is Urban of course.

Last edited:
I’m sure he’ll do his diligence on Fields but remember he did not recruit him away to OSU. I fully expect Lawrence to be the pick.

lawrence can run well enough to execute urbans offense...i think he still takes lawrence if jags are dumb enough to hire him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT