ADVERTISEMENT

Johns Hopkins meta analysis...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was this old when I learned Q is a real thing?

I think both sides need to do a better job of not painting the other by the tiniest of fringe groups. I don’t know a single Q person and never have. There are a few out there posters on TMB but that’s as close as I get.

A cult is just a fringe religion not accepted in the mainstream that a lot of times can be characterized by self-destructive behavior and an authoritarianism that does not allow members to willingly leave.
I’ll just drop this one. I don’t want to upset anyone as this is a touchy subject.

I’ll just drop this one. I don’t want to upset anyone as this is a touchy subject.
I doubt you're going to offend anyone. Most cults are also religions or religion-esque of some sort. Christianity was considered a cult at its inception by the Romans. I say all of this as a Christian man that's on the Board of Directors for my church.

Reactions: GeddyLee09
I doubt you're going to offend anyone. Most cults are also religions or religion-esque of some sort. Christianity was considered a cult at its inception by the Romans. I say all of this as a Christian man that's on the Board of Directors for my church.
I poured me a scotch so we will have to wait til tomorrow 😀

Tullibardine 225 today.
Going to some gala with the wife tonight. Hoping to be out of there at 8pm then am heading to my pastor's house for a cigar and bourbon. I'll pivot to Lagavulin 16 in solidarity.

Going to some gala with the wife tonight. Hoping to be out of there at 8pm then am heading to my pastor's house for a cigar and bourbon. I'll pivot to Lagavulin 16 in solidarity.
That’s a good one but best for the evenings. I go for the mid range ones if it’s early. I’ve got a Glenfiddich 19 Age of Discovery for later with a cigar.

That’s a good one but best for the evenings. I go for the mid range ones if it’s early. I’ve got a Glenfiddich 19 Age of Discovery for later with a cigar.
I have a Glenmorangie 18 I've been sipping if I'm day drinking lately. That goes down smoooooooth.

Reactions: bcherod
As I said above: When a medical issue isn't dealt with just medically...odd things happen
My wife had to go to the emergency room for a knee injury in December. Her nurse was on the front line in New York day one. She said they approached it from the worst angle possible which exacerbated the issue. She said something to the effect it should have been treated like an upper respiratory infection instead of an airborne viral pathogen. I gather they were so focused on "stopping the spread" amd treating it like the andomeda strain they didn't focus on what was actually killing people.

Last edited:
Reactions: GbrNole and fsufool
My wife had to go to the emergency room for a knee injury in December. Her nurse was on the front line in New York day one. She said they approached it from the worse angle possible which exacerbated the issue. She said something to the effect it should have been treated like an upper respiratory infection instead of an airborne viral pathogen. I gather they were so focused on "stopping the spread" amd treating it like the andomeda strain they didn't focus on what was actually killing people.
Not the first time I’ve heard that from medical people. Even heard them say it was around way before Jan 20.

FOX, CNN, MSNBC even the Weather Channel are all the same. They spin a story based on what their particular bias is. Some bend the story, some go full inquirer and make it up. All media sucks and they are all biased in one way or another.

However, I doubt the people watching 15 yo girls hawking make up would even understand a political conversation much less watch one.
So Fox isn't interested in selling products? That was the point. All of television is really a delivery system for commercials whether directly or through product placement. UTube/TikTock/Facebook are becoming the same, if they aren't already there.

My wife had to go to the emergency room for a knee injury in December. Her nurse was on the front line in New York day one. She said they approached it from the worse angle possible which exacerbated the issue. She said something to the effect it should have been treated like an upper respiratory infection instead of an airborne viral pathogen. I gather they were so focused on "stopping the spread" amd treating it like the andomeda strain they didn't focus on what was actually killing people.
They made a lot of mistakes treating it back then, especially in NYC because of having so many Covid patients. They had inexperienced interns running units and managing [complicated] care for Covid patients. Burn out was real and when traveling nurses showed up they were appalled at what they saw. Several put it all out there on social media, but were largely ignored.

So Fox isn't interested in selling products? That was the point. All of television is really a delivery system for commercials whether directly or through product placement. UTube/TikTock/Facebook are becoming the same, if they aren't already there.
Fox was listed first.

They made a lot of mistakes treating it back then, especially in NYC because of having so many Covid patients. They had inexperienced interns running units and managing [complicated] care for Covid patients. Burn out was real and when traveling nurses showed up they were appalled at what they saw. Several put it all out there on social media, but were largely ignored.
Lots of stuff out there was ignored about health care workers experiences. Some were even fired for voicing their concerns about how this was being handled. This was handled poorly across the board from day one or even before. Hopefully we find out why some day.

Traveling nurses was the worst issue. There would not have been a shortage elsewhere, especially Florida of they weren't paying top dollar for more bodies.... and they still screwed it up.

Part of me thinks certainly powers dipped their hands in the bucket making it worse. Then comes along big pharma stalling everything. The Merck antiviral was in trials on Germany with success before the vaccines. The only reason they weren't introduced is because of the false cost to produce them.

Last edited:
Traveling nurses was the worst issue. There would not have been a shortage elsewhere, especially Florida of they weren't paying top dollar for more bodies.... and they still screwed it up.

Part of me thinks certainly powers dipped their hands in the bucket making it worse. Then comes along big pharma stalling everything. The Merck antiviral was in trials on Germany with success before the vaccines. The only reason they weren't introduced is because of the false cost to produce them.
The traveling nurse issue is one I don’t get. At both facilities I treated at I had several local nurses who were on traveling contracts. They lived nearby and quit then did traveling nursing and ended up same places at times. It totally messes up the hospital economy by paying them a ton more then the employee nurses.

Reactions: fsufool
The only places I heard about traveling nurses was in New York early on and Florida last summer. In retrospect both places completely screwed up in their handling of the situation at certain times.

Over 20,000 deaths last summer in a little over two months. It was tragic and largely avoidable at that point of the pandemic.
How was it avoidable? Masks and lockdown?New York tried that and they didn’t avoid anything. Florida has had 3100 deaths per 1M people from the start, New York has had 3400 per 1M.

Reactions: Deerfuel2
How was it avoidable? Masks and lockdown?New York tried that and they didn’t avoid anything. Florida has had 3100 deaths per 1M people from the start, New York has had 3400 per 1M.
Over 30,000 New York deaths were in the first 90 days of the pandemic. New York packed infected people into nursing homes. There were talks of bringing Cuomo up on charges. It was horrific. The beginning of the pandemic in New York was the prototype of how not to handle the situation.

Over 30,000 New York deaths were in the first 90 days of the pandemic. New York packed infected people into nursing homes. There were talks of bringing Cuomo up on charges. It was horrific. The beginning of the pandemic in New York was the prototype of how not to handle the situation.
Politics got involved... you even have a Navy medical ship that was never utilized properly, if at all.

The traveling nurse issue is one I don’t get. At both facilities I treated at I had several local nurses who were on traveling contracts. They lived nearby and quit then did traveling nursing and ended up same places at times. It totally messes up the hospital economy by paying them a ton more then the employee nurses.
At that point in time, contracts should have ended for travel. Circle your horses & protect your own.

At that point in time, contracts should have ended for travel. Circle your horses & protect your own.
The thing is that hospitals were actively recruiting travelers because they needed extra staff. Other hospitals couldn't pony up that kind of cash. Nothing in place to hold them in one spot especially when they could make 2,3, sometimes 10x what they were getting for less time.

While CNN was touting Cuomo for Prez due to his handling of the pandemic. You cant make this stuff up.

Reactions: Deerfuel2
The thing is that hospitals were actively recruiting travelers because they needed extra staff. Other hospitals couldn't pony up that kind of cash. Nothing in place to hold them in one spot especially when they could make 2,3, sometimes 10x what they were getting for less time.
I get it. My idea was during a national emergency, there should be some form of check and balances that would prevent staffing to drop like it did, ESPECIALLY when it had no impact outside of overcrowding the wealthiest hospitals with workers.

I get it. My idea was during a national emergency, there should be some form of check and balances that would prevent staffing to drop like it did, ESPECIALLY when it had no impact outside of overcrowding the wealthiest hospitals with workers.
Folks forget that there were hospitals laying off workers. And that nurses with ICU experience were needed all over the country. Traveling nurses has been around for 50 years, providing nurses, respiratory therapist, etc. to hospitals in need. Traveling nurses always made more than staff nurses and usually had their housing paid for. It's basic supply and demand. Florida hospitals staff for their winter needs using traveling nurses and have been doing that for 50 years.

Folks forget that there were hospitals laying off workers. And that nurses with ICU experience were needed all over the country. Traveling nurses has been around for 50 years, providing nurses, respiratory therapist, etc. to hospitals in need. Traveling nurses always made more than staff nurses and usually had their housing paid for. It's basic supply and demand. Florida hospitals staff for their winter needs using traveling nurses and have been doing that for 50 years.
I understand. I was told some nurses were recruited from other hospitals. I don't know how true that is.

"The data do not reveal any novel safety concerns or risks requiring label changes and support a favorable benefit risk profile of to the BNT162b2 vaccine."
Personally, I would not expect a different summary. As time moves forward, their will be more and more perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT