ADVERTISEMENT

Johns Hopkins meta analysis...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Ted DiBiase music playing.
Saw this on masks:

Can't vouch for every entry, but there are over 200 of them, many peer reviewed.

Three peer reviewed studies on lockdowns being ineffective:

Here is the John Hopkins Study:

Reactions: SteveT1
Saw this on masks:

Can't vouch for every entry, but there are over 200 of them, many peer reviewed.

Three peer reviewed studies on lockdowns being ineffective:

Here is the John Hopkins Study:
I think that it is important to point out that the author of the article on mask effectiveness is very controversial. Particularly for his belief that we should have gone for mass infection to establish herd immunity. I would regard anything he wrote or assembled with a very skeptical eye. The bulk of the observational studies is that masks did in fact mitigate the spread of covid. It certainly is not settled either way but there do in fact seem to be some benefits to mask use.

Reactions: bcherod
I think that it is important to point out that the author of the article on mask effectiveness is very controversial. Particularly for his belief that we should have gone for mass infection to establish herd immunity. I would regard anything he wrote or assembled with a very skeptical eye. The bulk of the observational studies is that masks did in fact mitigate the spread of covid. It certainly is not settled either way but there do in fact seem to be some benefits to mask use.
Yea, had no idea who he was or that he is controversial. However, the list is extensive and includes many peer reviewed articles, including the recent Pakistan Study. Thanks for the info on him. For me, the worst thing the CDC did was publish that Kansas mask mandate study that was fraudulently analyzed by only using a section of the data. From there on out, anything they said on masks should be questioned. Observational studies can tell you something about correlation, but can't give you causation.

Last edited:
But did the benefit outweigh the damage?

How so? My son wore his mask and then we told him he could stop wearing it. Didn’t ask any questions.
imo the kids are resilient. It’s the adults who complicate things.
I saw some really hateful behavior from some of the "most caring and compassionate" members of the mask police. They would generally jump on a women, or old person ( safer targets for their vile) pretty fiercely for not wearing a mask, or even for just having it pulled down for a moment. Unnecessarily rude and aggressive. The stigma that was being attached to someone without a mask, had consequences. Don't act like it was no big deal

I saw some really hateful behavior from some of the "most caring and compassionate" members of the mask police. They would generally jump on a women, or old person ( safer targets for their vile) pretty fiercely for not wearing a mask, or even for just having it pulled down for a moment. Unnecessarily rude and aggressive. The stigma that was being attached to someone without a mask, had consequences. Don't act like it was no big deal

Some people are begging for this hijacked thread to get shut down. I guess the one rule on this board is really hard to follow.
Half of my threads have gotten removed for this reason. Started out about science. Ended about some nonsense that people couldn't shut up about.

You don't think all those young kids at school haven't been affected? I do.
We can see it already, and it will become more obvious over the next 5-20 years. The same crowd that wanted to “follow the science” doesn’t want to look at the “science” regarding adolescent suicide, psychological disorders, etc.

Reactions: nynole1 and fsufool
We can see it already, and it will become more obvious over the next 5-20 years. The same crowd that wanted to “follow the science” doesn’t want to look at the “science” regarding adolescent suicide, psychological disorders, etc.
If you are talking about kids in schools being affected you must be referencing mask requirements. I really do not think a mask requirement will increase the suicide rate but if there is science to support it I will happily look at it. Maybe the isolation of lockdowns but not mask requirements. The notion that masks are causing speech issues, is a social media claim not substantiated by any science. I have a granddaughter that was required to wear a mask and she had no issues with it. I have asked coworkers how their young children have dealt with wearing a mask and they all have indicated that to children wearing a mask is no big deal. I think the kids have less a problem with wearing a mask then adults do.

That article is behind a pay wall. Without being able to read it, I will assume that the writer is trying to make the people that are wearing masks, subject to some sort of hardship from non mask wearers?

If you are talking about kids in schools being affected you must be referencing mask requirements. I really do not think a mask requirement will increase the suicide rate but if there is science to support it I will happily look at it. Maybe the isolation of lockdowns but not mask requirements. The notion that masks are causing speech issues, is a social media claim not substantiated by any science. I have a granddaughter that was required to wear a mask and she had no issues with it. I have asked coworkers how their young children have dealt with wearing a mask and they all have indicated that to children wearing a mask is no big deal. I think the kids have less a problem with wearing a mask then adults do.
How would kids or anyone know what the effects of masks could be in 1 or 20 years? To say either way is pure speculation. That’s like saying there are no long term issues with the shots. We’re not in the long term yet.

How would kids or anyone know what the effects of masks could be in 1 or 20 years? To say either way is pure speculation. That’s like saying there are no long term issues with the shots. We’re not in the long term yet.
Masks are silly in the first place, but they are DOUBLE SILLY with young kids since they don’t properly wear them 75% of the time. They are chewed on, pulled to the side, thrown on the ground, traded with friends, etc., etc., etc. Talk to teachers about what they see in their classrooms. It’s a complete charade intended only to pacify certain factions.

Personally think it is a long shot that there will be any kind of long term issue. I think this is a social media driven point of view by the anti mask crowd. I just do not think this is a big deal and those that do just want to rage against the system.

Yes we are. This is considered long term. Just because long term extends indefinitely doesn't mean it didn't already begin. It's time to grasp that reality.

Yes we are. This is considered long term. Just because long term extends indefinitely doesn't mean it didn't already begin. It's time to grasp that reality.
wearing a mask at school could turn every child into a lizard person. No evidence to support it but give it 30 years and we’ll know whether I’m right or wrong on that.

wearing a mask at school could turn every child into a lizard person. No evidence to support it but give it 30 years and we’ll know whether I’m right or wrong on that.
Joke all you want but my neighbor I golf with is a doctor and he told me his daughter refuses to wear her mask and he’s not gonna make her since it’s all just been virtue signaling political theater from the beginning, more people die and get hospitalized each year from masks than from any disease, and if we all hadn’t fallen for that mask BS, Covid woulda’ disappeared as promised in April 2 years ago. And in case you didn’t hear me, he’s a DOCTOR.

Reactions: 89nole
And on this subject, it's ironic that the people eager to move on from everything else that has to do with COVID are the ones clinging to this false sense of hope that they will be able to say they were right and a bunch of people suffered from taking the vaccine. Perhaps they should take their own advice and move on.

And on this subject, it's ironic that the people eager to move on from everything else that has to do with COVID are the ones clinging to this false sense of hope that they will be able to say they were right and a bunch of people suffered from taking the vaccine. Perhaps they should take their own advice and move on.
Good point. Everyone should move on from this.

Joke all you want but my neighbor I golf with is a doctor and he told me his daughter refuses to wear her mask and he’s not gonna make her since it’s all just been virtue signaling political theater from the beginning, more people die and get hospitalized each year from masks than from any disease, and if we all hadn’t fallen for that mask BS, Covid woulda’ disappeared as promised in April 2 years ago. And in case you didn’t hear me, he’s a DOCTOR.
A guy told me the other day that this was all made in a lab and released on the public so there could be high inflation and increased gas prices. China did this to make Russia rich and help finance their attacks on Europe. It was also done to help oust Trump and install a puppet leader in the US that would continue to fund Putin. It was all a scripted effort to get to where we are now. Dude was jacked up as a football bat but definitely spent a lot of time thinking about this stuff. I had to go somewhere else cause he got someone else stirred up that disagreed.

You spend too much time on the internet my friend.

It's weird....now that the "Covid response" is being unmasked (pun) as the ineffective, improvident, inefficient and politicized mess that it was, many of the original Covid fearmongers are suddenly anxious to "move on."

"Let's not talk about that any more.....hey, look at those gas prices!!" LOL.

Reactions: F4Gary and fsuorion
It's weird....now that the "Covid response" is being unmasked (pun) as the ineffective, improvident, inefficient and politicized mess that it was, many of the original Covid fearmongers are suddenly anxious to "move on."

Not sure if this was directed at me (it appears it was), but if it is then you have misconstrued things I have said in your own mind.

Not sure if this was directed at me (it appears it was), but if it is then you have misconstrued things I have said in your own mind.
Not directed at you....just your message that it's now time to "move on."

I know I never wanted Mom and Dad to talk about the power bill after I left the back door open all weekend.....LOL.

Reactions: SteveT1

I would say the people who were concerned about Covid from the very beginning were the ones that were correct. Most of the people that are now anti mask and anti vaccine were the ones that said this would turn out to be nothing. I remember talking to a coworker at the beginning when there were 300 cases or so around the country. He was convinced this was much ado about nothing. I knew the Rnumber of the virus and tried to explain that 300 would turn into 30 thousand in a matter of days and he was unimpressed. If fear mongering meant predictions that we would approach a million dead before this was over that fear mongering seems prophetic. The people who were not afraid of covid are the ones that were eventually proven wrong and history will not remember them well or the vaccine and mask nay sayers. Some day those people will be gone and so will the misinformation they spread and they will be viewed much the way the McCarthy era communist hunters are.

Reactions: ChiefWB
How many times have you heard someone on the left yearn to be more like Europe?

The European equivalent of the CDC does not recommend masks for kids under the age of 12. Why do you think that is?

The WHO doesn't recommend masks for kids under 5.

The CDC recommends masks for kids 2 and older.

So be more like Europe, except now 🤷

How many times have you heard someone on the left yearn to be more like Europe?

The European equivalent of the CDC does not recommend masks for kids under the age of 12. Why do you think that is?

The WHO doesn't recommend masks for kids under 5.

The CDC recommends masks for kids 2 and older.

So be more like Europe, except now 🤷
Didn't the vast majority of mask mockers and Covid downplayers express themselves loudly and clearly and repeatedly from the outset even absent any masking-of-kids discussion? Or am I just imagining that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT