ADVERTISEMENT

Lab Leak Theory

Once viewed as misinformation in some arenas the Lab Leak Theory is gaining some traction from government agencies. Not definitive proof but the fact that its being considered is a switch.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/amid-...s-investigation-continues-2/story?id=97476847

Original WSJ story is on a pay wall.
Exhibit Z in the case for not censoring information as "disinformation". We have strayed far from our ideals as a democratic republic. The most disturbing aspect to me is how easily we rolled over and supported such censoring.

At this point the origin is the least of my concerns. The lack of preparedness. Inability to make decisions, lack of cohesiveness and overall cluelessness is what needs to be examined and corrected. We crapped the bed in responding to this thing.
My concern is that all you mention above was actually the plan after all

We gotta wait and see when more information comes out.
If your waiting for the smoking gun you will never get it. 3 letter Intelligence Agencies, FBI and now DOE all have tip toed into the waters of a lab leak as being more likely. The way I see it is that the force of the denial that came out originally and logic dictate that this is something that happened but made too many people look bad (illegal gain of function research for example). So plausible deniability will reign.

Why are the words "with low confidence" never included in these conversations?
It’s I. The article. The point is that it’s even discussed. FBI stated medium confidence last year as well. Still nothing definitive.

I can’t think of any reason that both things can’t be true at the same time. All kinds of viruses like the seasonal flu viruses emerge from these open air animal markets. The Chinese have a bad habit of living in close proximity with livestock and chickens. Diseases like flu and COVID are inevitable. It may very well have started there and an isolate sent to that lab, which, by the way, is a BSL2 facility and that just isn’t safe enough.

The conspiracy theorists take this and run like it's indisputable proof because it confirms their bias.
Conspiracy theories are like gossip or rumors. There's normally a degree of truth to them. What that degree is and how much BS is involved is the x factor. This one seems to have a lot of smoke so to speak. In my mind the question we should be asking isn't IF it came from this lab its HOW it came from this lab. And if it did leak why was the public lied to by BOTH administrations.

Last edited:
I can’t think of any reason that both things can’t be true at the same time. All kinds of viruses like the seasonal flu viruses emerge from these open air animal markets. The Chinese have a bad habit of living in close proximity with livestock and chickens. Diseases like flu and COVID are inevitable. It may very well have started there and an isolate sent to that lab, which, by the way, is a BSL2 facility and that just isn’t safe enough.
Corona virus which starts a global pandemic originates in Wuhan China. There is a lab in Wuhan China which performs research on Corona Viruses and Gain of Function which is also at least funded by the US. Coincidence? Sure it could be. It could be that both are true and it did leak from the lab through the animal market.

The investigation that resulted in 34 indictments? Not sure that's exactly the same.

These were all for obstruction and not collusion which is what the initial investigation was about. Meuller found no collusion with the Russians. Or am I mistaken?

These were all for obstruction and not collusion which is what the initial investigation was about. Meuller found no collusion with the Russians. Or am I mistaken?
Former special counsel Robert Mueller pushed back against U.S. President Donald Trump’s characterizations of his 22-month investigation, telling lawmakers on Wednesday that he did not evaluate “collusion” with the Russian government, and confirming that his report did not conclude that there was “no obstruction” of the probe.

“The president was not exculpated for the acts that he allegedly committed,” Mueller told the House judiciary committee, adding that Trump could theoretically be indicted after he leaves office.

“We did not address ‘collusion,’ which is not a legal term,” Mueller added. “Rather, we focused on whether the evidence was sufficient to charge any member of the campaign with taking part in a criminal conspiracy. It was not.”

You are mistaken. Hopefully you already know that.
On what planet is not finding sufficient evidence to charge the same as concluding “no collusion”.
So in all criminal cases, if prosecutors don’t feel they have sufficient evidence to prove their case, that’s the same as declaring “he or she is innocent”? Come on.
You’re better than that, right?

Reactions: bcherod
You are mistaken. Hopefully you already know that.
On what planet is not finding sufficient evidence to charge the same as concluding “no collusion”.
So in all criminal cases, if prosecutors don’t feel they have sufficient evidence to prove their case, that’s the same as declaring “he or she is innocent”? Come on.
You’re better than that, right?
I get that. I was referring to the fact that the indictments were for obstruction charges. Bad wording on my part.

Reactions: NoleSince1961
Exhibit Z in the case for not censoring information as "disinformation". We have strayed far from our ideals as a democratic republic. The most disturbing aspect to me is how easily we rolled over and supported such censoring.
^^^^ They want us to argue about statues, if a president who owned slaves 200 years ago should be censored, and Mr. Potato's Head correct gender... they don't want us to talk about the issues that really affect us... its a diversion from the real skullduggery that goes on.

The very fact that "gain of function" research exists should concern the entire nation...

^^^^ They want us to argue about statues, if a president who owned slaves 200 years ago should be censored, and Mr. Potato's Head correct gender... they don't want us to talk about the issues that really affect us... its a diversion from the real skullduggery that goes on.

The very fact that "gain of function" research exists should concern the entire nation...
Let’s back up a minute! Gain of function research is not inherently good or bad. It’s a tool. It does however require a lot of skill and a facility that is ultra secure. Apparently, Wuhan is not that secure. I believe that here in the States we have the NIH, CDC and some military facilities that are BSL4 (I think). If anyone has a better way to proactively deal with diseases like COVID I’m all ears! Or we can continually start at ground zero.

Never a doubt in my mind that it came from that Wuhan lab. Intentionally.

I agree with from the lab. Covid was named the Wuhan flu originally, and coincidentally there is a high level bio lab there. Why intentional though and not accidental?

Indictments? No convictions?

Which Trump/Russia issue is this?

It this the Hillary-Clinton Funded Fusion GPS that claimed Trump was in collusion with Russia. The collusion that was propogated by NT times etc and turned out to be all a lie?

Let’s back up a minute! Gain of function research is not inherently good or bad. It’s a tool. It does however require a lot of skill and a facility that is ultra secure. Apparently, Wuhan is not that secure. I believe that here in the States we have the NIH, CDC and some military facilities that are BSL4 (I think). If anyone has a better way to proactively deal with diseases like COVID I’m all ears! Or we can continually start at ground zero.
There's 4. San Antonio, Galveston, Atlanta and Ft Detrick MD. Another in Montana was being built as well.

Reactions: rtpnole
I agree with from the lab. Covid was named the Wuhan flu originally, and coincidentally there is a high level bio lab there. Why intentional though and not accidental?
It’s actually been referred to by a wide variety of names all over the world, but I have no doubt that “Wuhan flu” might be your preferred version or what you saw most frequently in the info channels you consume.

“frequently” surely doesn’t mean first or only: — https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8470127/
And not every calculated public health decision is made for nefarious purposes — https://www.bbc.com/future/article/...wine-flu-and-sars-how-viruses-get-their-names

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8470127/

It’s actually been referred to by a wide variety of names all over the world, but I have no doubt that “Wuhan flu” might be your preferred version or what you saw most frequently in the info channels you consume.

“frequently” surely doesn’t mean first or only: — https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8470127/
And not every calculated public health decision is made for nefarious purposes — https://www.bbc.com/future/article/...wine-flu-and-sars-how-viruses-get-their-names

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8470127/
Yes it seems to have many names.

Are we still talking about the Chinese Originated Viral Infectious Disease 2019?

• Haha
Reactions: spencerklly
I never thought that taking a leak would have so many theories and conspiracies linked to it. Just like that shooting from the suppository building.
Sirhan, Booth, Ray and Oswald: Attorneys at Large
1-800-GET-RUBY

How many pandemics have been prevented because of gain of function research? List the number of vaccines created from gain of function research?

You can't make money on a virus if you don't have a cure for a virus.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT