ADVERTISEMENT

Lab Leak Theory

Technology had a lot to do with the inception of joint operations as well. Technogy can shrink a battle field and make communication easier. Desert Storm was the first real example of coordinated Joint Operations. Prior to that it was rare to work with other services or agencies.
My brother used to run TOPSCENE for the navy. It started with PREDATOR.

All computer simulation, pilots were trained using satellite imaging.

That is a lesson they learned from Viet Nam. It was said that if you flew and survived five missions in VN, you were golden. We learned that pilots needed to be familiar with the terrain. We were able to do that before desert storm. We started TOPSCENE in the '90's.

I wish I could find the article that was published about it.

BTW, that program has been folded into Centcom.

Ho Chi Menh went to the USA and worked in Boston and NYC during the 1910s. During that time there was a large piece of the population in USA that were anti-imperialist remembering how we got rid of the British. He admired us. After WW2 he connected with the OSS and was actually helped back to health from an American medic. He sent a letter asking for help against France to Pres. Truman, which was planning a coup to take back Vietnam. It was never answered and Ho continued on his path with a communist Vietnam. No one knows what difference our help would have made to Ho as by then he was a pretty committed communist. But after WW2 the hard line anti-communist had taken control of the US government and there was no way we would help Ho.

I don't think Chiang Kai Shek could have beaten the Communist forces even if we helped him. The civil war had been put aside to help defeat the Japanese, but after that the war continued between the two. The USA actually tried to broker a peace but failed. Our experienced diplomats in China knew that the Communist had the upper hand and would win, advising our government to build a constructive relationship with the CCP. However, the ambassador, who had no experience in China had the opposite view and it was that view the anti-communists who controlled most of Washington DC went with. It didn't take long before Mao broke the deal the Americans had brokered between the two and the Communist drove Chiang to Taiwan.

FYI- As a child in the mid 1960s I lived in Taiwan. My father, in the Air Force, was in charge of the final delivery of F5s and F5a's to Chiangs military. My parents had lots of connections with him and Madam Chiang would come to our house just to talk with me (she loved male children). She was in her late 60s during that time, while her husband was pushing 80. I met Chiang Kai Shek once when I was 7 and I remember he was grandfatherly to me. Madam Chiang was educated in the west and was comfortable with western culture. She would come to our house for "Tea" with my British born mother.
Very cool story. We were stationed in Japan, so my parents took us to Taiwan for a week. We stayed at Madame Chiang's hotel. It was beautiful.

Reactions: fsufool
Very cool story. We were stationed in Japan, so my parents took us to Taiwan for a week. We stayed at Madame Chiang's hotel. It was beautiful.
Somewhere I've got photos of us kids standing in front the Grand Hotel. All in matching red velour shirts. Ah, the 70s.

Reactions: bcherod
My brother used to run TOPSCENE for the navy. It started with PREDATOR.

All computer simulation, pilots were trained using satellite imaging.

That is a lesson they learned from Viet Nam. It was said that if you flew and survived five missions in VN, you were golden. We learned that pilots needed to be familiar with the terrain. We were able to do that before desert storm. We started TOPSCENE in the '90's.

I wish I could find the article that was published about it.

BTW, that program has been folded into Centcom.
Pilots could be trained on the terrain but it was mostly via known map data. With the onset of TFR, FLIR and LANTIRN and later LIGHTNING systems, terrain and target data could be integrated with the aircrafts navigation and weapons systems. These all came about around the same time with increased satellites and GPS in the late 80's and 90's.

I worked with some TOPSCENE folks in Nevada when I was in the Air Force and later with JTTF as part of the Army TTVS.

Pilots could be trained on the terrain but it was mostly via known map data. With the onset of TFR, FLIR and LANTIRN and later LIGHTNING systems, terrain and target data could be integrated with the aircrafts navigation and weapons systems. These all came about around the same time with increased satellites and GPS in the late 80's and 90's.

I worked with some TOPSCENE folks in Nevada when I was in the Air Force and later with JTTF as part of the Army TTVS.
This is cool stuff.

I was also in Japan for 3 years, but I was an infant. That is where I started to swim. Got pneumonia that first year and the doctor told my mom I wouldn't make the second winter if she didn't get me out in the sun during the summer. So, we went to the swimming pool every day all summer. And the rest is history.

My brother was a navigator on a B-52, stationed in Guam for 8 years, then worked for McDonald Douglas on the F-15. (designer of passenger comfort). Makes me laugh that B-52 navigators get some interesting jobs after the AF.

I was also in Japan for 3 years, but I was an infant. That is where I started to swim. Got pneumonia that first year and the doctor told my mom I wouldn't make the second winter if she didn't get me out in the sun during the summer. So, we went to the swimming pool every day all summer. And the rest is history.
BRATS are a different species. We were quite fortunate to have unique experiences.

Just in the food alone. Japanese food is one of my go-to comfort foods.

BRATS are a different species. We were quite fortunate to have unique experiences.

Just in the food alone. Japanese food is one of my go-to comfort foods.
Living through the Alaskan earthquake (9.2) in '64 and 5 years later living in Key West. Loved it.

This virologist? The only westerner working in the lab?
Because that's not at all what she said.

The virologist was Chinese now living in America

Dr. Li Meng Yan

Where does fentanyl come from?

Last edited:

Dr. Li Meng Yan

They don’t call it China White for nothing! And it’s been around for decades.

Dr. Li Meng Yan

A lab.

So we don’t trust Chinese unless they say something that is detrimental to Chinese. I’m which case we believe them over non-Chinese.

A lab.

So we don’t trust Chinese unless they say something that is detrimental to Chinese. I’m which case we believe them over non-Chinese.
I think most people don't trust their government. The videos and stories told about leaving in that country are horrendous. I believe it's very similar to North Korea as well.

Dr. Li Meng Yan

China is the largest exporter of fentanyl, but not the only exporter of fentanyl.

I think most people don't trust their government. The videos and stories told about leaving in that country are horrendous. I believe it's very similar to North Korea as well.
Does that differ much from here?

Not at all. But I think most citizens don't trust their own government... when the entire world, or most of it, has the same interpretation of another government that means something. I don't like seeing people locked inside of their homes or bodies burned in the streets.

Last edited:
A lab.

? So the doctor is not being truthful about the research in the Wuhan lab that forced her to flee to the US? Not at all about ethnicity or trust.

Living through the Alaskan earthquake (9.2) in '64 and 5 years later living in Key West. Loved it.
We felt that earthquake all the way to Japan, and many believed that the Nigata earthquake was a result of the Alaskan earthquake a few months prior.

We also experienced that typhoon that had winds of 200mph on Mt. Fuji.

As I mentioned earlier, we're a product of our past experiences. BRATS seem to have had unique experiences. I like to call them adventures.

We felt that earthquake all the way to Japan, and many believed that the Nigata earthquake was a result of the Alaskan earthquake a few months prior.

We also experienced that typhoon that had winds of 200mph on Mt. Fuji.

As I mentioned earlier, we're a product of our past experiences. BRATS seem to have had unique experiences. I like to call them adventures.
Or Godzilla...

• Haha
Reactions: F4Gary

Interesting that Obama and Trumps numbers are nearly the same in the moving average high and low. I would think that Trumps admin would be rated lower.

Recent mask research..

John Lorimer Campbell is an English YouTuber and retired nurse educator known for his videos about the COVID-19 pandemic. Initially, the videos received praise, but they later veered into misinformation.[2] He has been criticised for suggesting COVID-19 deaths have been over-counted, repeating false claims about the use of ivermectin as a COVID-19 treatment, and providing misleading commentary about the safety of COVID-19 vaccines.[3][4][5] As of January 2023, his YouTube channel had 2.65 million subscribers and over 598 million views.

Last edited by a moderator:
John Lorimer Campbell is an English YouTuber and retired nurse educator known for his videos about the COVID-19 pandemic. Initially, the videos received praise, but they later veered into misinformation.[2] He has been criticised for suggesting COVID-19 deaths have been over-counted, repeating false claims about the use of ivermectin as a COVID-19 treatment, and providing misleading commentary about the safety of COVID-19 vaccines.[3][4][5] As of January 2023, his YouTube channel had 2.65 million subscribers and over 598 million views.

You are aware that he was an advocate of mask wearing for protection? Did you watch the video?

Personally, I want my partner and me to avoid contracting covid for as long as possible and masks and vaccines have apparently been very effective for us.
Been there, done that. I never got the vaccine and rarely wore a mask. Same thing with the flu. Whatever makes someone happy, go for it. Like I said, the process of beating a horse that's been dead for two years is dumb.

I get the flu vaccine every year, and I have literally never had the flu. I have gotten all of the Covid vaccines and will continue to do so. I do not really see how Covid or vaccines are a dead horse, but like you said, people are free to do what they will with regard to their health.
Yep. I'm 33, maintain my health with diet, vitamins, and exercise. Once I reach the age of necessity, I'll use further tools.

I get the flu vaccine every year, and I have literally never had the flu. I have gotten all of the Covid vaccines and will continue to do so. I do not really see how Covid or vaccines are a dead horse, but like you said, people are free to do what they will with regard to their health.
How old are you?
You have no idea if you have been infected or not. Both Covid and the flu has a large amount of mostly young people who are infected but asymptomatic. Your immune system might be very effective. I've gotten sick from Influenza A twice in my life. Once when I was 19 and once when I was 60. Never taken the vaccine. The second time was 48 hours of being in bed.......it sucked and was the worst I have ever felt including when I got Covid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT