ADVERTISEMENT

Last two very full weeks for me, golf, concert, first grandchild

divinnole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Last couple of weeks for me have been very full of excitement and once in a lifetime events. Wife and I both were on spring break and got tickets to see the Eagles in Nashville. Our niece and her family live there so we went up early in the week and did a lot of site seeing but more importantly got to play two very nice golf courses. For a guy who rarely sees more than an anthill on panhandle golf courses playing the extreme elevation changes was a new experience. Play one hole and may hit a 350yd drive on a downhill hole and on the next the ball ends up behind you when you come up short on an uphill approach. Needless to say I will be glad to play our flatlander courses again.

The Eagles concert was something the wife has been wanting to see for years. I was really afraid I had wanted to late to see them after Glen Frey passing but his son Deacon did a great and job singing his songs, but Vince Gill makes the group even better. They played for 2 hrs and 45mins. It was the only concert I have ever seen where I left thinking I like the music better at the concert than on a CD. The acoustics at the Bridgestone arena was the best I have ever experienced in a concert setting. I griped and complained about the $200 tic prices but I was glad I spent the money.

The grand finale of the two weeks was welcoming the world's greatest grandchild into the world this week. It is our first grandchild and I swear my wife has lost her flipping mind. She started back in Oct with a trip to the G&G shop in Tally when she and my daughter spend over $200 bucks on Nole gear for a child still 6 months away. It has not slowed down. However I must say I have always wondered what all the fuss was about grandkids, but now that I have joined the ranks of a grandparent I am starting to see,,,,,,,,,,, anyone want to see some pics. Like I said it has been a full hectic two weeks.

Grandkids are truly a gift. And it sounds like you've been enjoying life all around!

Congrats.

But, dude. You need to get to more concerts. Bridgestone is a hockey arena and it sounds like garbage.

Congrats on the new addition. I'll add I've seen the Eagles twice, once indoors and once outside and they are the best sounding band I've ever seen live. Their sound crew is outstanding.

congrats, cuz! Glad you had a good time. Post all the pics you want.

Last couple of weeks for me have been very full of excitement and once in a lifetime events. Wife and I both were on spring break and got tickets to see the Eagles in Nashville. Our niece and her family live there so we went up early in the week and did a lot of site seeing but more importantly got to play two very nice golf courses. For a guy who rarely sees more than an anthill on panhandle golf courses playing the extreme elevation changes was a new experience. Play one hole and may hit a 350yd drive on a downhill hole and on the next the ball ends up behind you when you come up short on an uphill approach. Needless to say I will be glad to play our flatlander courses again.

The Eagles concert was something the wife has been wanting to see for years. I was really afraid I had wanted to late to see them after Glen Frey passing but his son Deacon did a great and job singing his songs, but Vince Gill makes the group even better. They played for 2 hrs and 45mins. It was the only concert I have ever seen where I left thinking I like the music better at the concert than on a CD. The acoustics at the Bridgestone arena was the best I have ever experienced in a concert setting. I griped and complained about the $200 tic prices but I was glad I spent the money.

The grand finale of the two weeks was welcoming the world's greatest grandchild into the world this week. It is our first grandchild and I swear my wife has lost her flipping mind. She started back in Oct with a trip to the G&G shop in Tally when she and my daughter spend over $200 bucks on Nole gear for a child still 6 months away. It has not slowed down. However I must say I have always wondered what all the fuss was about grandkids, but now that I have joined the ranks of a grandparent I am starting to see,,,,,,,,,,, anyone want to see some pics. Like I said it has been a full hectic two weeks.
So is Vince doing every show with them now?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT