ADVERTISEMENT

Lord, help me these holidays (long vent post)

So, about 6 weeks ago, the wife comes to me and tells me that our oldest was going to partially move back into our house because she got a new job on our side of town and she didn't want to put all those miles on her old car if she had to drive back and forth from her apartment (that she got with her boyfriend). Seems reasonable. Last week I notice that daughter is always home if not working. Ask wife what is up "ya, they actually broke up and she back permanently." Ok, I got conned on that one. I love my oldest, but I loved her a lot more when she was living on her own, you know what I mean.

Then, last Sunday, my wife says to me that my nephew wanted to speak with me about something important. I tend to have an ogre personality on occasion, so the family goes through my wife/consigliore before speaking with me. Nephew says that he and his wife, who is about to have their first born, are a little over extended. That can't seem to save enough to buy a house, etc. And if it would be ok for them to move back in. I raised him since he was 12. He's a good kid and just needs a little help. I told him I would think about it; but my wife already had her mind made up and was dropping hints about how nice it would be to have a baby around the house for a while. So I agreed. Then, of course, being the scammers that they are, my wife says her sister (nephew's mother) will probably need to move in since my nephew was partially supporting her. Ok, fine.

I just got the call that nephew/wife baby coming tomorrow. If all goes well (God willing), they'll be out of the hospital Thursday. They moved what they had in and the baby stuff over the weekend (I was in New Orleans). Wife bought a bunch more baby stuff--even though I reminded her that its a new born and they don't do anything.

I went from me, wife and my little girl, to now having 4 people and a baby living with us (temporarily) and on the weekends my deceased nephew's daughter comes over to spend time with grandma (sister-in-law). Oh my...

Well, it's family....what are you going to do. But the moral of the story is, if you want any favors from Fijimn, ask on Sunday after the Texans game when I've had a couple pops in me.

You are a good man. For whatever reason, this post make me think of a typical episode of The Sopranos in which Tony's sister comes to town.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT