ADVERTISEMENT

Lou Holtz House Burned Down

Fijimn

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 7, 2008
Pretty nasty fire. Good chance it was lightning... should I wear my FSU hat at the inspection...hmmmm....

Reactions: pauldNole
lou-holtz-meme.jpg

Other than the loss of a life, we went through a fire in 2006 where my in-laws lost everything and my wife and I had a ton of stuff stored at their house after our divorce, there is nothing more devastating than losing everything in a fire, IMO. If my kids didn't have a drawer full of clothes at my apartment, they would have only had the clothes on their back when they left the burning house. Both cars were lost in the fire because they were in the garage. Of course the insurance covers some of the stuff, but not even close to all of it. State Farm was there at 9:00 AM (fire started at 10:30 PM) with a $10,000 check, a rental car and keys to a two bedroom hotel suite.

I personally can't stand Lou Holtz, but I wouldn't wish what happened to him and his family on anyone. I am sure he has insurance and he is well off, but I am also sure that there were a lot of personal items that he will never get back. Holtz is not popular among college football fans, but his wife has lost almost everything, also. I feel the both of them.

Reactions: NoleRob and CJRN
Other than the loss of a life, we went through a fire in 2006 where my in-laws lost everything and my wife and I had a ton of stuff stored at their house after our divorce, there is nothing more devastating than losing everything in a fire, IMO. If my kids didn't have a drawer full of clothes at my apartment, they would have only had the clothes on their back when they left the burning house. Both cars were lost in the fire because they were in the garage. Of course the insurance covers some of the stuff, but not even close to all of it. State Farm was there at 9:00 AM (fire started at 10:30 PM) with a $10,000 check, a rental car and keys to a two bedroom hotel suite.

I personally can't stand Lou Holtz, but I wouldn't wish what happened to him and his family on anyone. I am sure he has insurance and he is well off, but I am also sure that there were a lot of personal items that he will never get back. Holtz is not popular among college football fans, but his wife has lost almost everything, also. I feel the both of them.

Cheaters get burned. Past sins for every football program he was involved in.

He should have listened and moved to one of those places where the Nazis don't allow you to have lightning.

Oh, ha ha that took me way too long.

FWIW, Lou was at a conference I attended this week in Orlando. I guess that's where he lives? I was actually going to start a thread "pay me to punch Lou Holtz in the face" but I thought better of it. He was a guest of one of the vendors and they had him at their booth shaking hands and signing autographs/doing selfies.

I know that I am among the majority of FSU fans that do like Holtz, but he is one of the biggest admirers of Bobby Bowden, and has said on many occasions that Bowden's teams were so good and he had so many players drafted is that because FSU was coached well. Bowden's players could do all the basics very well, including blocking and tackling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT