ADVERTISEMENT

Manhunt in New York

12Nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2013
Anyone following this? Two inmates serving life in a maximum security prison busted out using power tools. Looks like an old lady that worked inside of prison may have helped them out. Hopefully they don't kill anyone but I love a good ole dog hunt with the major news outlets covering the story.

Anyone following this? Two inmates serving life in a maximum security prison busted out using power tools. Looks like an old lady that worked inside of prison may have helped them out. Hopefully they don't kill anyone but I love a good ole dog hunt with the major news outlets covering the story.
my theory is they had a buddy on the outside bust them out. He worked his way from the man hole to the prison cell where he was able to take his time and have plenty of batterys for his power tools. Those prisoners didnt pick up a single power tool.

my theory is they had a buddy on the outside bust them out. He worked his way from the man hole to the prison cell where he was able to take his time and have plenty of batterys for his power tools. Those prisoners didnt pick up a single power tool.

Yeah I agree. No way these two were playing Bob the Builder in their little cell with not one guard seeing or hearing it or another loud mouth inmate talking.

Even with power tools there is no way they would have been able to pull that escape off without making a sound. They will be captured soon. No worries.

Looks like the Police had a hot lead and zeroed in on a little town but came up with no signs of them being in the area this morning.

They should've let the little old lady lead them right to the guys and played it as if she wasn't a suspect.

So someone reported two men walking down a rural road, and when spotted they ran into the woods. The town is less than ten miles from the Canadian border - what are the chances that it's more common than reported that men are seen walking around in rural areas like this near the Canadian border? Newsflash is that the southern border is not the only porous one in this country...

I think these guys split up. They didn't tell each other where they were headed, either. They wouldn't mastermind this escape to stay close by in the area, so count me in as very surprised if they are - I just think if they're smart enough to meticulously plan this breakout they should be smart enough not to stand around on top of the manhole, look at each other and say "uh, now what?" Get as far away as you can as fast as you can. If power tools were used from the outside in, then there was clothing, money, and fake ID's waiting somewhere.

"I think these guys split up. They didn't tell each other where they were headed, either. They wouldn't mastermind this escape to stay close by in the area, so count me in as very surprised if they are - I just think if they're smart enough to meticulously plan this breakout they should be smart enough not to stand around on top of the manhole, look at each other and say "uh, now what?" Get as far away as you can as fast as you can. If power tools were used from the outside in, then there was clothing, money, and fake ID's waiting somewhere."

I don't know. Based on the stories coming out, there getaway car plan was the same woman that helped them escape and she flaked out. They aren't getting very far with no resources.

So someone reported two men walking down a rural road, and when spotted they ran into the woods. The town is less than ten miles from the Canadian border - what are the chances that it's more common than reported that men are seen walking around in rural areas like this near the Canadian border? Newsflash is that the southern border is not the only porous one in this country...

I think these guys split up. They didn't tell each other where they were headed, either. They wouldn't mastermind this escape to stay close by in the area, so count me in as very surprised if they are - I just think if they're smart enough to meticulously plan this breakout they should be smart enough not to stand around on top of the manhole, look at each other and say "uh, now what?" Get as far away as you can as fast as you can. If power tools were used from the outside in, then there was clothing, money, and fake ID's waiting somewhere.

Check the UF recruiting offices. They could be there auditioning for spots on Team Swamp Donkey. UF authorities always turn a blind eye to criminals in the football program.

Update: Female prison worker did indeed give the two inmates tools to help with their escape. She gave them a hacksaw & eye wear with lights on them. She gone!!

I wonder why they cut such a large hole in the pipe? If they cut from the inside out as opposed to someone else cutting from the outside in, the amount of dust and sparks (iron pipe would be much less that steel) would be substantial inside that pipe.

Now the hunt is focusing on some deep woods not far from the prison? You know it's almost disappointing in a way. These guys mastermind an unbelievable escape and then sit in the woods next door? I'd be eating double meals, having my prison honey bring in vitamins and extra food to bulk up and get myself in shape to be able to walk for three days nonstop so I could put mucho distance between me and the pokey. I'd walk in water to lose the dogs. They'd have to rewrite Shawshank Redemption as a children's book after I showed them how it was done. How much time did they spend in the library memorizing local maps? Identifying rail lines? Having drop points set up for food, money and clothing/disguises?

They had about a seven hour head start and you wonder if they stood around for hours waiting for their "ride" to show up losing time. If she chickened out, you have to know it within 30 minutes. Keep moving. If you don't have a backup plan and then a backup to that backup you're not nearly as smart and desperate as they say these guys are.

I know they will get these guys (and I bet these guys are not taken alive) but it's just hard to believe that they would turn out to be complete dimwits. More like John Goodman in Raising Arizona than Tim Robbins in Shawshank.

Reactions: -OB1-
Now the hunt is focusing on some deep woods not far from the prison? You know it's almost disappointing in a way. These guys mastermind an unbelievable escape and then sit in the woods next door? I'd be eating double meals, having my prison honey bring in vitamins and extra food to bulk up and get myself in shape to be able to walk for three days nonstop so I could put mucho distance between me and the pokey. I'd walk in water to lose the dogs. They'd have to rewrite Shawshank Redemption as a children's book after I showed them how it was done. How much time did they spend in the library memorizing local maps? Identifying rail lines? Having drop points set up for food, money and clothing/disguises?

They had about a seven hour head start and you wonder if they stood around for hours waiting for their "ride" to show up losing time. If she chickened out, you have to know it within 30 minutes. Keep moving. If you don't have a backup plan and then a backup to that backup you're not nearly as smart and desperate as they say these guys are.

I know they will get these guys (and I bet these guys are not taken alive) but it's just hard to believe that they would turn out to be complete dimwits. More like John Goodman in Raising Arizona than Tim Robbins in Shawshank.

Dang goldmom, do you teach a class in prison escapes? :)

I don't think they are in the area. This lady is slowly feeding the Feds info as these guys get gone. I wonder if they are even together by now.

Didn't she deny giving them power tools? They found power tools, right? If so, where did they come from?

How in the hell did the guards not hear them working with power tools? I'm sure the inmates heard but they wouldn't snitch on anyone. And how in the world would they know a route to navigate in the guts of that prison? She had to have provided them more than just tools and eye wear. They needed some blueprints or some map.

I wonder why they cut such a large hole in the pipe? If they cut from the inside out as opposed to someone else cutting from the outside in, the amount of dust and sparks (iron pipe would be much less that steel) would be substantial inside that pipe.

In the grand scheme of things, they escaped w/out notice.

How in the hell did the guards not hear them working with power tools? I'm sure the inmates heard but they wouldn't snitch on anyone. And how in the world would they know a route to navigate in the guts of that prison? She had to have provided them more than just tools and eye wear. They needed some blueprints or some map.

You have to assume they had fallen into a comfortable routine where the "guards" slept, played cards, surfed the internet, or whatever.

While in my mind I keep seeing Andy Dufresne, I know the reality here is quite different

The husband of the female prison worker is now being investigated. This is getting juicy.

They have purportedly made their "big" mistake as some video cam of a restaurant/convenience store shows two men dumpster diving for food not far from the prison.

I just find it incomprehensible that we have been fed such bullhonky about these two criminal masterminds - hanging around, waiting for what? A pizza delivery? You don't need to teach a course in prison escapes to figure out you should keep moving and then move some more. Good heavens we were oversold on these guys IQ.

They have purportedly made their "big" mistake as some video cam of a restaurant/convenience store shows two men dumpster diving for food not far from the prison.

I just find it incomprehensible that we have been fed such bullhonky about these two criminal masterminds - hanging around, waiting for what? A pizza delivery? You don't need to teach a course in prison escapes to figure out you should keep moving and then move some more. Good heavens we were oversold on these guys IQ.

Didn't know they had them on video dumpster diving. But I think we're being oversold on the Feds IQ....every day we're getting reports that they are "closing" in on the two guys then they get tip and start a search somewhere else. I believe the couple that worked in the prison know more and slow playing the police.

And yet they haven't been found yet. Probably not as dumb as you guys think. A week out is pretty shocking.

And yet they haven't been found yet. Probably not as dumb as you guys think. A week out is pretty shocking.

And think about this: if we can't find these two guys -- presumably having limited resources at their disposal -- how effective are our efforts to snuff out domestic and international terrorists? Makes you wonder.

Reactions: 12Nole
Back in my younger days I thought it would be neat to be the "bad guy" in a manhunt. Not to have done anything illegal, but just to see how long I could elude the authorities.

The fact that the a woman would help a murderer escape prison just because she was in love should tell you how crazy women are.

This is doubly interesting because the woman is (at least technically) married to a guy who also works in a prison. Yet some murder felon "made her feel special." I guess we have all seen the articles and websites about women "falling in love" with incarcerated felons, and sometimes even marrying them (but never living together because of the groom's incarceration). Yes, all women are crazy, at least at times.....the game is to find one who whose craziness is within manageable limits.

Back in my younger days I thought it would be neat to be the "bad guy" in a manhunt. Not to have done anything illegal, but just to see how long I could elude the authorities.

Stephen King's novella The Running Man was a futuristic game show on this premise. Contestants were on the run for 30 days. If I recall making money for each day they eluded capture and a grand prize of 1 billion dollars to survive the entire month. They were free to run anywhere, but had to send in tapes each day for the show (which of course were used to find the fugitive contestant).
It was made into an awful Ahnold movie, which basically shared title and the notion of game show with the book, but nothing else.

Stephen King's novella
It was made into an awful Ahnold movie, which basically shared title and the notion of game show with the book, but nothing else.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! You shut your dirty foul mouth about Arnold's Running Man film.

giphy.gif

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! You shut your dirty foul mouth about Arnold's Running Man film.

giphy.gif

It lacked this scene, and failed accordingly:

"He paused at the entrance to the galley and tried to gather up his intestines. He knew they didn’t like it on the Outside. Not a bit. They were getting all dirty. He wanted to weep for his poor, fragile intestines, who had asked for none of this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT