ADVERTISEMENT

More gov handouts

Spearhead04

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2002
300 bill in loan forgiveness. How exactly is that a sound plan with inflation already at dangerous levels?

Reactions: Banditking
Also, they just announced another billion and more to send over to Ukraine for long-run occupation. That was the reason to move out of Afghanistan, to take over Ukraine, one of the most corrupts countries on the planet.

But somehow the trillion dollar tax cuts for the ultra rich and mega corporations is okay
I know right. Competitive taxation to reshore companies is such a bad idea and why would the government be interested in bringing more tax dollars in when they can simply borrow more money. Do the fools even realize we are not interested in the jobs or opportunities these companies may provide?

I was being somewhat sarcastic but as we all know money has to come from somewhere. As the article states they expect to gain 203B in extra revenue. Since most audits are from incomes lower than 25,000 it doesn't make sense to maintain that model. How much are you going to get from those earners? You can go after the ultra rich but as they also have the means to tie you up in legal framework for years. What makes the most sense is that this increase in audits will be on those under 400k. Just my opinion of course. Also from what I hear from ties in that arena they expect to net 30k new employees from the added funds after adjusting for attrition which has been high at IRS as its a notoriously toxic place to work.

I was being somewhat sarcastic but as we all know money has to come from somewhere. As the article states they expect to gain 203B in extra revenue. Since most audits are from incomes lower than 25,000 it doesn't make sense to maintain that model. How much are you going to get from those earners? You can go after the ultra rich but as they also have the means to tie you up in legal framework for years. What makes the most sense is that this increase in audits will be on those under 400k. Just my opinion of course. Also from what I hear from ties in that arena they expect to net 30k new employees from the added funds after adjusting for attrition which has been high at IRS as its a notoriously toxic place to work.
My point was that the new narrative being pushed is all 87,000 new agents, if that is even close to being accurate, are going after the middle class. That's just peddling fear.

My point was that the new narrative being pushed is all 87,000 new agents, if that is even close to being accurate, are going after the middle class. That's just peddling fear.
True. In reality a third of that number would actually be new agents and then only a portion of those would be auditing tax payers.

I come to the Oceola to escape for a brief moment the insanity that is consuming this country. If you want to discuss politics go to some other websites
There are multiple boards on this site for you to discuss both FSU and professional sports. This board named "everything but sports" is for just that, discussion for other topics that wouldn't be appropriate on the sports boards.

There are multiple boards on this site for you to discuss both FSU and professional sports. This board named "everything but sports" is for just that, discussion for other topics that wouldn't be appropriate on the sports boards.
And I would never have come to this board to begin with except when I opened the Osceloa on my Ipad this was one of the highlighted threads. So I was curious. I wish the Osceola will stick to just sports.

Of course not. That’s why I opened it. I mistakenly thought the Osceola site was just FSU sports, and I wanted to see why this comment was being highlighted. If the Osceola allows these discussions, I guess I should go back to Warchant
The Tribal Council is still here but now called the Osceola Village and the TCCL is the Dynasty Lounge. We still have the recruiting, baseball and basketball boards too. Hang around.

This thread would never be allowed there.
Nope, not even close. But my comment was directed at the poster complaining about non-sports on this particular board. I think the "hall monitors" over here are doing a great job.

Signed,

Banned on WC and multiple warnings

PS - I'm female and 69 years old, for what that's worth. 😊

But somehow the trillion dollar tax cuts for the ultra rich and mega corporations is okay
Mega corporations don't pay taxes. You tax them, they simply raise their prices to pass that extra tax on to their customers.

What really burns me up is the fact that 87k IRS agents are going to be hired. They're gonna fund this program by auditing the middle class.

Mega corporations don't pay taxes. You tax them, they simply raise their prices to pass that extra tax on to their customers.

What really burns me up is the fact that 87k IRS agents are going to be hired. They're gonna fund this program by auditing the middle class.
Read up and quit listening to biased reporting.

Current events can certainly be discussed here as long as the discussion doesn't devolved into partisan politics and attacks.

I don't need to read squat, son. I'm smart enough to know what these liberals are doing.
mr-bean-husten.gif

Of course not. That’s why I opened it. I mistakenly thought the Osceola site was just FSU sports, and I wanted to see why this comment was being highlighted. If the Osceola allows these discussions, I guess I should go back to Warchant
How is this discussion that triggering? Folks respectfully discussing differing points of view on a tertiary message board, far from the football boards, is enough for you to run to warchants over moderated group think fiesta?

Reactions: cmanole and bcherod
300 bill in loan forgiveness. How exactly is that a sound plan with inflation already at dangerous levels?
My only beef here is that the student loan relief is a bandaid. College tuitions absurd increases will continue and make higher education (and a work force more capable of leading innovation) more difficult to attain.

Gotta nip the problem in the bud. Couple the relief with some steps to reform the ridiculous rate at which the cost of education has increased.

The whole system is an ever increasing convoluted mess that has created a behemoth of backlogs of work in and out of the public sectors. We are led to one of two solutions. You either simplify the system that allows more returns to be processed efficiently at a lower cost or continue to grow the government in an attempt to keep up. As we have seen over the years one would get more support in congress with a proclamation of murdering their spouse than any proposal to simply the system from either side. Why one may ask? Because every great con is is built on a foundation of confusion and everyone would rather someone else pay their fair share.

Yep. It's too complex. Will never get scale like this. But then again, when has any government run entity ever achieved that? I always liked the concept of the FAIR tax. The more you consume the more you're taxed. I'm sure it's not as simple as that but seems to be something to consider.

Reactions: bcherod
My only beef here is that the student loan relief is a bandaid. College tuitions absurd increases will continue and make higher education (and a work force more capable of leading innovation) more difficult to attain.

Gotta nip the problem in the bud. Couple the relief with some steps to reform the ridiculous rate at which the cost of education has increased.
And while they are at it, if they want to Build Back Better, why not build two bedroom apartments back to $800 a month? Or build canned sodas and individual sized chocolate bars back to 50 cents?

When I came out of FSU in 2000, I saw an advertisement for a two bedroom apartment with a decent amount of extra bells and whistles for $750 per month, and an advertisement for an entry level job in my field for $12 an hour. Fast forward to today. The same apartment is now $1600 a month. The same job now wants a degree and three years experience but still pays $12 an hour. There is something seriously wrong here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT