ADVERTISEMENT

My local Verizon said I use the most Data they have seen

Phinhead

Seminole Insider
Dec 1, 2005
Popped 200gb last month,and I average 180gb.

How much do you use?

Old unlimited plan so I opted out of home Internet. I'm going to burn it until they stop it.

Reactions: Bartdog
5 of us on a family plan and we have 10gb/month. We've hit 50% with maybe 4 days left in the month. I've gotten close to 2gb maybe twice in the 3ish years I've had a smartphone.

That would be a lot for a home internet service. Working at comcast, we could see people's usage if we wanted to, while we were on their account. Most people were in the 20-30 range. But one time I saw someone who had used like 2 terabytes over the course of three months.

I even remember one time, I wanted to see how high I could get my own, so in one month I watched the entire X-Files series on Netflix, along with several other movies, and peaked around 135.

What are you doing on your phone to get to that number?

Jesus that is a ton of data! I range between 3 and 5 GB depending on how often the 4 y/o grabs my phone to watch PBS shows when we are out and about.

Popped 200gb last month,and I average 180gb.

How much do you use?
I typically use about 1.5gb over the cell network and about 7gb via wifi. Have my podcasts, etc set to only download when connected.

Somewhere around 2 to 5 gigs per month, depends on travel. Now that they starting allowing us to use the wifi at work, I use even less.

I also have the unlimited data plan grandfathered in. I use it for my home internet as well so I typically use 60 to 80 gigs a month.

I did that for a while, Verizon unlimited and using my phone as a hotspot. I was using so much that I had to put the phone on an icepack at home. Then they started throttling top users and the service was so slow for me I switched to their unlimited only plan transfers. Now I have 8 Gigs per months and that's fine

I'm confused about the people with unlimited data and using the phone as a hotspot... did you have to root your phone?

Verizon hasn't allowed you to use your phone as a hotspot unless you paid for it.

It depends on what phone you have. You can use FoxFi to create a hotspot using your phone on Verizon for free. I have a Samsung so I don't know about anything apple related.

Yes, I used FoxFi with Verizon on unlimited. I was using it before they even charged for it. I actually wrote the developer and told him to charge something for it because it was useful. I think he ended up doing a free version with limited data and the paid version is like 8 bucks or something. Worked fine on my old phone, they made it a PITA on the new phone (have to lock the phone with a password instead of the fingerprint swipe).

That would do it. My home data usage is staggering.
sF5lA1.jpg

I use Foxfi. The pin isn't a big deal to me because my Otter Box lite doesn't work with fingerprint.

The people I know at Verizon say they throttle the tower you use the most. I swap towers at work, and I use it enough there to bypass school filters that I don't have an issue at home.

So... you all use an app to set your phone with unlimited data as a hotspot, which is a clear violation of your contract, and are celebrating it?

FTR, I have unlimited data and don't mind what you are doing... but reality is, you are not acting morally.

And it's abuse like this that ruin it for everyone...

mor·al
ˈmôrəl/
adjective
adjective: moral
concerned with the principles of right and wrong behavior and the goodness or badness of human character.

ethics
[eth-iks]
(used with a singular or plural verb) a system of moral principles:
the ethics of a culture.
the rules of conduct recognized in respect to a particular class of human actions or a particular group, culture, etc.:
medical ethics; Christian ethics.
moral principles, as of an individual:
His ethics forbade betrayal of a confidence.
(usually used with a singular verb) that branch of philosophy dealing with values relating to human conduct, with respect to the rightness and wrongness of certain actions and to the goodness and badness of the motives and ends of such actions.

Semantics...

So... you all use an app to set your phone with unlimited data as a hotspot, which is a clear violation of your contract, and are celebrating it?

FTR, I have unlimited data and don't mind what you are doing... but reality is, you are not acting morally.

And it's abuse like this that ruin it for everyone...

So far, I have not ruined marriage for everyone, and I try to wear out married women. I mean, make it count if you want to talk about my morethics.

:)

Reactions: fsu1jreed
mor·al
ˈmôrəl/
adjective
adjective: moral
concerned with the principles of right and wrong behavior and the goodness or badness of human character.

ethics
[eth-iks]
(used with a singular or plural verb) a system of moral principles:
the ethics of a culture.
the rules of conduct recognized in respect to a particular class of human actions or a particular group, culture, etc.:
medical ethics; Christian ethics.
moral principles, as of an individual:
His ethics forbade betrayal of a confidence.
(usually used with a singular verb) that branch of philosophy dealing with values relating to human conduct, with respect to the rightness and wrongness of certain actions and to the goodness and badness of the motives and ends of such actions.

Semantics...

That is what we mostly discussed in my Philosophy class.......................we also talked about morals as having come from a higher power.

But I'll agree.........sematics.

So far, I have not ruined marriage for everyone, and I try to wear out married women. I mean, make it count if you want to talk about my morethics.

:)
Hey, do what you want... I just think it's doucheness to brag about it... I don't go around starting thread about what bartenders around town pour me free drinks...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT