ADVERTISEMENT

No thread about gas price spike?

ohio#1nolefan

All-ACC
Mar 29, 2002
Not that there is anything one can do but I guess everyone has accepted this as the norm..
Gas was $2.09/ gal 2 weeks ago and now it's $2.89 because of a refinery "issue"? Seriously? Crude is at a 6 1/2 yr low but yet it shoots back up to $3/gal which is roughly what it was at when crude was more than double the price... Laughable...
Rant over...

Not that there is anything one can do but I guess everyone has accepted this as the norm..
Gas was $2.09/ gal 2 weeks ago and now it's $2.89 because of a refinery "issue"? Seriously? Crude is at a 6 1/2 yr low but yet it shoots back up to $3/gal which is roughly what it was at when crude was more than double the price... Laughable...
Rant over...

I bought at $2.22/gal today. Haven't seen it at $2.09 forever. Maybe its a regional thing.

Gas was $2.09/ gal 2 weeks ago and now it's $2.89 because of a refinery "issue"? Seriously?

Yes. Refineries continue to be consolidated because no one wants a refinery in their backyard. This means when there is a problem at a refinery it has a larger affect than if gasoline production was more distributed. In addition the EPA has different requirements for gasoline in different parts of the country, so a localized production disruption can't be immediately obviated by simply shipping in more fuel from any other regions.

Crude is at a 6 1/2 yr low but yet it shoots back up to $3/gal which is roughly what it was at when crude was more than double the price... Laughable...
Rant over...

Hell, just buy a barrel of crude then and pour it in your tank.
I'd MUCH, MUCH rather be able to buy gasoline when I want it, then not be able to find any available at a lower price.
I've seen gas stations in America closed because ignorant politicians, responding to an ignorant public clamor, forbade market pricing. The result is empty tanks at the gas station when they're not allowed to respond to the realities of supply and demand.
We have forty centuries of practice with the failures of price controls, but they remain popular because history and economics are boring to most people.

No spike here. Have not seen 2.09 or 2.89 here in forever. Been around 2.30 - 2.40 for a while now...

It's a regional problem. There were some issues at a major refinery in Indiana last week that have caused spikes throughout the Midwest. Has not affected other parts of the country.

Must be a regional issue, I've seen no spikes here in North Florida.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT