ADVERTISEMENT

Nootropics

The stimulant crash is real, as is the appetite suppression. As my folks are starting their stimulant trials, I typically have them keep a food, water, and sleep diary to ensure that they are eating and sleeping enough to counteract those side effects. Vyvanse has arguably the gentlest onset and offset of the stimulus medications, but the effect can still be disruptive, especially in conjunction with increased productivity/fatigue during the day due to the direct effects of the medication.
Are there different dosages available?

Prevagen? I tried that for a week or so, but all it did was make me weirder than I am already.
I do take Acetyl L-Carnitine HCI and Alpha Lipoic Acid 200 mg which is supposedly supportive of overall brain health. For all I know it could be nothing more than a placebo, but it seems to be okay. Of course I also take two daily probiotic gummies which are also loaded with B12, and I notice increased energy levels and a sense of well being.
I'm into B-12. 5,000mg a day. Please tell me more about your increased energy levels and your sense of well being. Fireballs could help you with that, too. I heard some people eat Honeybuns and Snickers bars with a Powerade chaser at night for increased energy, too. Others meditate by candle light at all hours.

Reactions: goldmom
It's been three years so some of the specifics have faded from memory, but as the dose wore off the person tended to become difficult, agitated to some degree, and since it had dulled their appetite, low blood sugar seemed to become an issue.
I wonder if there is a correlation from difficult and angry to quality one's amorous life. I don't like anything that dulls.
And I get as much sugar as I can possibly get.

Reactions: goldmom
Are there different dosages available?
Yes. It is available in 10mg increments from 10mg - 70mg. I have never taken more than the 30mg, personally, due to finding the side effects too intense. 20mg, however, is the sweet spot for me after titration up from 10mg.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT