ADVERTISEMENT

Oscars / Will Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

FisherWilcoxTaggart Survivor

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Nov 22, 2020
Thoughts? Seems staged to me, but, in any event, an inappropriate display of violence. Had this been “real,” Smith would have been arrested for assault/battery, right? Or did the police also assume it was a part of the show?

Reactions: hatsbo
I don’t think it was staged. Smith came unhinged. Comedians make inappropriate jokes at every awards show and I’m sure other people have thought about smacking the comedian. But actually doing it? Going to be interesting to see what, if anything, the Academy does.

Thoughts? Seems staged to me, but, in any event, an inappropriate display of violence. Had this been “real,” Smith would have been arrested for assault/battery, right? Or did the police also assume it was a part of the show?
These people are ACTORS. Will prob knows how to act angry and upset. If I was in Vegas, I'd bet on it being fake. The replay I saw off the hit looked fake, like superfake.

It's Hollywood. Give me a break, don't believe anything any of these psychopaths do in public.

LAPD said they showed up and Rock declined to press charges.

I see Will and Jada's open relationship is going swimmingly.

Just heard about this. What is ironic is last night we watched the "Mr Warmth" documentary on Don Rickles. Highly recommend it.
Chris Rock was one of the many comedians interviewed in it.

Reactions: hatsbo
Give the guy a break, probably just tired of his wife getting turned out.

LAPD said they showed up and Rock declined to press charges.

I see Will and Jada's open relationship is going swimmingly.
Good on Chris Rock. I didn't hear the joke but it sounds like one was made for the sake of entertainment, and the people who it targeted - mostly JPS but Will Smith by extension - felt that her condition should be off limits (JPS has reportedly struggled with her condition of alopecia). Smith was standing up for her.

Id bet on it being a full on WWE fake just to drum up drama. However, if it wasn't someone needs to grow some thicker skin and attend anger management.

BTW I didnt watch the show but read the news story about it.

Used to watch this event with my wife before Hollywood's virtue lecturing kicked in. Never liked rappers or singers transformed into actors, I thought it laughable when Will and wife pitched a hissy fit when he wasn't nominated for some role in the past. So I wasn't surprised when the recently intimidated, woke-ish academy caved and gave him the nod.

Reactions: Stands W/Beer
At first, I thought it was real. If you watch the video, Chris Rock seems to lean in knowing its about to come. The only other reason why I thought he might lean is is if he thought Smith was going to whisper something in his ear.

Good on Chris Rock. I didn't hear the joke but it sounds like one was made for the sake of entertainment, and the people who it targeted - mostly JPS but Will Smith by extension - felt that her condition should be off limits (JPS has reportedly struggled with her condition of alopecia). Smith was standing up for her.
Will laughed at first. Jada when cut him dagger eyes and that’s when he walked up. Rock was punched bc of issues with Will’s relationship with Jada and his constant desire to make her happy not because it was over some line.

Will laughed at first. Jada when cut him dagger eyes and that’s when he walked up. Rock was punched bc of issues with Will’s relationship with Jada and his constant desire to make her happy not because it was over some line.
Still think it was fake. It shows them laughing not long afterwards.

fb_img_1648439407160_97ff6a081df8e6ca8870dce44ca21cf0d1c2f2be.jpg

Will so so despondent, he went and was dancing at an after party. And a slap..... If you're going to defend your wife, punch the guy.

From the angle I saw of it (recording, not live) it looked like a pulled open handed slap. Fake fake fake.

One of two things. Either it was orchestrated or this Will Smith fella has some serious issues. One of them being impulse control. Just another gem our kids get to witness as the world continues to devolve.

Reactions: F4Gary
Did not see that as fake. At all. They aren’t good enough to pull off that level of awkward. That was like Andy Kaufman level stuff. But that was his schtick. These are two unconnected dudes. And it serves no one long term to fake that. Only thing worse for Smith is if this wasn’t real. And it would look TERRIBLE for the Academy. Putting on a fake fight? For what? So they’re never trusted again?

Rock did well. It looked to me like he anticipated Smith was going to come up to him to say something. He was off as soon as Smith started to come up. But he seemed to think it would be calm. Looked totally like he was shocked to be hit, and he went on to do a great job trying to keep it together. Folks can say he should have reacted differently but he was hosting a world wide show. He did the pro thing.

This won’t be criminal charges. Rock won’t sue. We will hear from their reps and maybe even them over the next few weeks. Months from now we will see blips of stories about Smith and Rock getting along someplace.

Media will shut this down. It’s worth the short term buzz but they won’t want to draw out this story.

Did not see that as fake. At all. They aren’t good enough to pull off that level of awkward. That was like Andy Kaufman level stuff. But that was his schtick. These are two unconnected dudes. And it serves no one long term to fake that. Only thing worse for Smith is if this wasn’t real. And it would look TERRIBLE for the Academy. Putting on a fake fight? For what? So they’re never trusted again?

Rock did well. It looked to me like he anticipated Smith was going to come up to him to say something. He was off as soon as Smith started to come up. But he seemed to think it would be calm. Looked totally like he was shocked to be hit, and he went on to do a great job trying to keep it together. Folks can say he should have reacted differently but he was hosting a world wide show. He did the pro thing.

This won’t be criminal charges. Rock won’t sue. We will hear from their reps and maybe even them over the next few weeks. Months from now we will see blips of stories about Smith and Rock getting along someplace.

Media will shut this down. It’s worth the short term buzz but they won’t want to draw out this story.
I keep seeing "Rock" and saying to myself... The Rock wasn't up there...... 😭😭😫😫

No way it was fake. I thought it was at first but then he’s sitting back down screaming at him. Unless you think the academy put them up to this which would be pretty weird and I can’t imagine Will Smith being like, “yeah let’s do a skit where I seem completely unhinged, sounds great”. There’s also slow motion footage showing he definitely made contact.

Reactions: Stands W/Beer
Used to watch this event with my wife before Hollywood's virtue lecturing kicked in. Never liked rappers or singers transformed into actors, I thought it laughable when Will and wife pitched a hissy fit when he wasn't nominated for some role in the past. So I wasn't surprised when the recently intimidated, woke-ish academy caved and gave him the nod.
Dude, you okay?

No way it was fake. I thought it was at first but then he’s sitting back down screaming at him. Unless you think the academy put them up to this which would be pretty weird and I can’t imagine Will Smith being like, “yeah let’s do a skit where I seem completely unhinged, sounds great”. There’s also slow motion footage showing he definitely made contact.
Could have done it as part of the skit. It will generate way more buzz than the show its self. This is probably the first time in years this many people have discussed the award show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT