ADVERTISEMENT

Oscars / Will Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did not see that as fake. At all. They aren’t good enough to pull off that level of awkward. That was like Andy Kaufman level stuff. But that was his schtick. These are two unconnected dudes. And it serves no one long term to fake that. Only thing worse for Smith is if this wasn’t real. And it would look TERRIBLE for the Academy. Putting on a fake fight? For what? So they’re never trusted again?

Rock did well. It looked to me like he anticipated Smith was going to come up to him to say something. He was off as soon as Smith started to come up. But he seemed to think it would be calm. Looked totally like he was shocked to be hit, and he went on to do a great job trying to keep it together. Folks can say he should have reacted differently but he was hosting a world wide show. He did the pro thing.

This won’t be criminal charges. Rock won’t sue. We will hear from their reps and maybe even them over the next few weeks. Months from now we will see blips of stories about Smith and Rock getting along someplace.

Media will shut this down. It’s worth the short term buzz but they won’t want to draw out this story.
^^^^This definitely is not a good story line for certain folks, and the media will quickly move it off of the front page.

Did not see that as fake. At all. They aren’t good enough to pull off that level of awkward. That was like Andy Kaufman level stuff. But that was his schtick. These are two unconnected dudes. And it serves no one long term to fake that. Only thing worse for Smith is if this wasn’t real. And it would look TERRIBLE for the Academy. Putting on a fake fight? For what? So they’re never trusted again?

Rock did well. It looked to me like he anticipated Smith was going to come up to him to say something. He was off as soon as Smith started to come up. But he seemed to think it would be calm. Looked totally like he was shocked to be hit, and he went on to do a great job trying to keep it together. Folks can say he should have reacted differently but he was hosting a world wide show. He did the pro thing.

This won’t be criminal charges. Rock won’t sue. We will hear from their reps and maybe even them over the next few weeks. Months from now we will see blips of stories about Smith and Rock getting along someplace.

Media will shut this down. It’s worth the short term buzz but they won’t want to draw out this story.
I know Rock won’t sue but why no criminal charges? That could be the only redeeming thing to come out of this. If not, just an example for people to follow and continue the Real Houswives trend of treating people like crap and getting rewarded for it.

Reactions: Goldenknight0004
Definitely think it was real. They may be actors, but you can tell when reactions are real. JMHO. I thought Chris handled it all like a champ though.

This incident popped up on my YouTube so I watched it. Afterward, the opening monologue for the 2016 award show hosted by Chris Rock popped up. I thought it was for last night's show so watched it. Chris had some pointed jokes at Jada back then. Probably some built up resentment.

I could care less about who wins awards and whatnot, but do like the jokes at the expense of the rich and famous. I'll skip the original airing, but watch highlight YouTubes with all of the jokes/insults. It will be interesting to see how the jokes are handled next season. My hope is that whoever hosts uses the events from last night full bore, rather than being vanilla/super safe.

Definitely think it was real. They may be actors, but you can tell when reactions are real. JMHO. I thought Chris handled it all like a champ though.

This incident popped up on my YouTube so I watched it. Afterward, the opening monologue for the 2016 award show hosted by Chris Rock popped up. I thought it was for last night's show so watched it. Chris had some pointed jokes at Jada back then. Probably some built up resentment.

I could care less about who wins awards and whatnot, but do like the jokes at the expense of the rich and famous. I'll skip the original airing, but watch highlight YouTubes with all of the jokes/insults. It will be interesting to see how the jokes are handled next season. My hope is that whoever hosts uses the events from last night full bore, rather than being vanilla/super safe.
Comedians are open game after last night. Don’t like a joke, throw the comic a beating. No problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT