ADVERTISEMENT

Peloton/Echelon Bikes

nynole1

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2006
Does anyone have one? My wife is a fitness freak and wants one, curious to see what real people think, not filtered reviews.

Well she had our second child 7 months ago, so it's time to get her ish together right? I'm tired of standing outside with a whistle while she does burpees, I've got Netflix shows to watch.

Congrats on the new addition. I was poking fun at the Peloton commercial and the ridiculous "outrage" at it a few months back. If it's something she likes and you can afford it, make her happy.

Reactions: nynole1
Congrats on the new addition. I was poking fun at the Peloton commercial and the ridiculous "outrage" at it a few months back. If it's something she likes and you can afford it, make her happy.
Yeah man, I remember that, typical of our society these days. Don't get me started...
She's a monster when it comes to working out, so I know it wouldn't be an expensive coat rack lol

Reactions: kdswain
So she is an exercise freak and you are an IT guy. My money is on her in a cage match.

So she is an exercise freak and you are an IT guy. My money is on her in a cage match.
Haha I'm hardly an IT guy, just a recruiter. I was a pretty decent athlete in my day, but she kicks my ass in anything involving endurance.

Reactions: SoddyNole
I bought a Peloton last August and am very happy with it. They offer a lot of classes and you can socialize with as many, or as few people, as you want. I socialize with no one. There are many live classes but what I like is the fact that every live class is taped. And I always take it taped. I can choose the instructor, the length of the class, how difficult it is, etc. It tracks the metrics of all your "rides". You can even do pre-taped rides through scenic adventures without a "peppy" instructor or the music they chose. . Sometimes I put a scene on and watch the news, or listen to my own music, etc. It has lots of ways to overcome the fear of boredom, or the fear that you will stop using it. Peloton also comes with yoga classes, body weight classes, etc. I don't do any of those (I still have a gym membership) but they are there if you want them. Obviously it is a huge benefit now with all the gyms closed.

I bought a Peloton last August and am very happy with it. They offer a lot of classes and you can socialize with as many, or as few people, as you want. I socialize with no one. There are many live classes but what I like is the fact that every live class is taped. And I always take it taped. I can choose the instructor, the length of the class, how difficult it is, etc. It tracks the metrics of all your "rides". You can even do pre-taped rides through scenic adventures without a "peppy" instructor or the music they chose. . Sometimes I put a scene on and watch the news, or listen to my own music, etc. It has lots of ways to overcome the fear of boredom, or the fear that you will stop using it. Peloton also comes with yoga classes, body weight classes, etc. I don't do any of those (I still have a gym membership) but they are there if you want them. Obviously it is a huge benefit now with all the gyms closed.

Is there a monthly charge for any of this?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT