ADVERTISEMENT

PGSF FedEx Cup Week 28 The Open Championship

Spieth's in-round ability to make corrections when things aren't going perfectly is uncanny. We saw it in the last few holes of the final round at the John Deere last week, and earlier today the announcers remarked how he was coming up out of his putts on the front nine. JS of course made the necessary corrections and shoots 66.

agreed...watching the front nine , I thought to myself, well he is young, maybe he can try for the slam another year.
Then at 7 something clicks and he fires a 66 to stay in contention ...kid is a player and handles himself well on the course, as they stated on the broadcast, different players could have turned 18 into a different story

Spieth is just fun to watch in how he gets around a course. Makes a mistake and comes right back to counter it.

For Johnson to go even or possibly +1 today will speak volumes about him ever winning a major

This kid Dunne is having himself a great day...fun to watch

For Johnson to go even or possibly +1 today will speak volumes about him ever winning a major

This kid Dunne is having himself a great day...fun to watch

It's fun in general...And I'm off tomorrow! :)

Jeez I usually like Tom Rinaldi, but that interview with Dunne was horrible. Don't try and psyche the kid out.

Jeez I usually like Tom Rinaldi, but that interview with Dunne was horrible. Don't try and psyche the kid out.

I agree. It was like he was trying to goad the kid into saying he had this thing won.

Dustin Johnson, just a wild guess but I think his career will parallel that of Lee Westwood.

updating my avatar for the PGA tonight, realized last three majors are on links or links lite courses

will post thread for Canadian Open in a few minutes,so people can make picks as I will not be able to update leaderboards until tomorrow night ,

Last edited:
I think Johnson not being in the last group may relax him a bit. He has the chance to go low and put the pressure on those after him.

Apparently not. After a birdie at the first, three straight bogeys. So much for his chances.

Speaking of chances, mine just went into the crapper with Phil's triple at the Road Hole.

Damn it, Zinger...You're a Nole & I love ya, but why did you have to jinx Spieth on the par putt at 17? :mad:

What a terrible group of closing holes for Adam Scott. Went from contending to being completely out of it.

Not the first time that has happened to him.

The DB on 8 cost Spieth big. Louis came away with a bogey and got into the playoff. But somewhat amazing that Spieth was in contention like he was after three putting as many times as he did.

Good to see Zach win though. Solid golfer. Maybe not flashy but he can get it done.

What a tournament , so many names on the leaderboard, a nice mix between some old guys and young guns . Nice win for Zach , what a putt on 18 to get in the playoff.

Congratulations to our winner, NoleLizards

The%20Open%20Final%20Leaderboard_zpskyl4rasu.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT