ADVERTISEMENT

Reporter and Cameraman killed on air

Fijimn

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 7, 2008
Looks like they were doing a local story in Moneta, Va when someone came up and shot them live on the air. The video is all over the twittersphere. I wonder if it was an estranged boyfriend or girlfriend.

The video is on CNN.com. According the accompanying story, the reporter was engaged to the station's producer.

The gunman is unknown and still at large.

Here's a screen grab of the shooter:

KFxfcHO.png

I've seen other angles of the screenshot of the suspected shooter and he looks like a middle-aged or older white male. That picture looks to me like a middle-aged black male.

This is horrible. Apparently the female reporter was dating another employee and they just moved in together. Can't even imagine what their family and friends are going through. They're out doing routine work and then, bam, gone.
Now we can't even do our daily jobs or watch a movie without having to worry about these gun-toting lone wolf aholes

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
I've seen other angles of the screenshot of the suspected shooter and he looks like a middle-aged or older white male. That picture looks to me like a middle-aged black male.

Pretty sure it's a white guy.

Supposedly, the shooter is a disgruntled recent former employee of the tv station and they're chasing him as we speak.

I recently started to actually carry my 380, as opposed to leaving it by the nightstand. I now realize I better practice taking it out and shooting it too.

Reactions: FSU2k11
Governor said they are pursuing the suspect and hope to have him in custody soon. I wonder if he's going to go suicide by cop.

I recently started to actually carry my 380, as opposed to leaving it by the nightstand. I now realize I better practice taking it out and shooting it too.
Don't know if carrying would have helped these poor victims. Seems like the shooter go the drop on them.

Twitter page has been pulled.
Ok so he posted about 7-8 messages in succession.
Claimed that Alison Parker made some racist comments and that he filed a report about it. Then after working with Adam Ward for 1 day, Adam took him to HR...then he posted the videos

What was he saying on twitter - account was closed?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT