ADVERTISEMENT

Reporter and Cameraman killed on air

What was he saying on twitter - account was closed?
see my post above
he had an entry on Aug 20 and then about seven came in describing events at the tv station including 2 videos of the shooting that he took. My guess is he stopped the car posted the feeds and killed himself.

crazy_zpspqejax6j.jpg
[
crazy_zpspqejax6j.jpg

Right after the last tweet you see here, he posted the videos. There were two.

The video on Facebook is nuts. He points the gun for a few seconds and waits for the camera man to turn the camera back on the reporter.

Yea, you can still find the videos out there but I'm not posting them. I saw them on his page before it was suspended.
Yep that is one of the most disturbing things I've seen in a while.
He also posted something about racist comments from Alison that he was mad about.

Imgur is a great free image host.
No sign ups or other nonsense.
Screenshot (print screen button on your keyboard) and then paste on imgur.com (CTRL+V).

Looks like it is over

@ABC News received a 23-page fax from someone who says he is Bryce Williams. We have turned it over to authorities.
#BREAKING Reports: Alleged #WDBJ shooter Vester Flanagan has shot himself:

Sounds like he now shot himself after being confronted by police on highway.

Blank Blank Blank COWARD!!!!!

Personally, I'd far rather he do that than enter into a shootout that possibly results in the injury of a cop or an innocent bystander. Additionally, it saves the State a lot of $ that would have been spent on a trial, as well as the costs of housing him.

News is stating he's still alive but critical.

See, that's even worse - now the State's also gonna be on the hook for hospital bills. Maybe the ambulance will get stuck in a traffic jam on the way to the hospital.

Reactions: goldmom
See, that's even worse - now the State's also gonna be on the hook for hospital bills. Maybe the ambulance will get stuck in a traffic jam on the way to the hospital.

I'm reminded of the aftermath of the guys who knitted together suits of body armor and robbed a bank.
Cops held the ambulance at the end of the street for 'safety reasons' until the guy bled out...

I'm reminded of the aftermath of the guys who knitted together suits of body armor and robbed a bank.
Cops held the ambulance at the end of the street for 'safety reasons' until the guy bled out...
Personally wouldn't mind that but in this current environment if I'm a cop or EMT inside that ambulance I'm asking someone to video the entire trip to the hospital.

Reactions: RTM58
The story and associated imagery in this case churn my stomach. Don't watch the video.

Yeah, I don't need to see that.

I am afraid of the world my 4 year old is going to live in. Weak-minded people.

Reactions: DanC78
Personally, I'd far rather he do that than enter into a shootout that possibly results in the injury of a cop or an innocent bystander. Additionally, it saves the State a lot of $ that would have been spent on a trial, as well as the costs of housing him.
I'm fine with paying those costs. Especially if it means somebody can strap him to a gurney and stick a needle in his arm.

I'm fine with paying those costs. Especially if it means somebody can strap him to a gurney and stick a needle in his arm.

Dude deserves the Green Mile experience before passing into whatever realm is in store for him.

Did the shooter once live in Tallahassee.

From WCTV's website:

A former WTWC employee confirmed that Vester Flanagan worked at WTWC in Tallahassee from March of 1999 to March of 2000. The station also confirmed that Flanagan had filed a complaint regarding racial discrimination against the station but the case was settled.

Meteorologist Nancy Dignon worked with Flanagan at NBC News 40 in Tallahassee in the late 90’s.

Dignon says Flanagan anchored the 6 and 11pm newscasts with her on the weekends.

“We are all in disbelief – and quite shaken by this,” Dignon said. “We knew he was volatile, but we never thought in our wildest dreams that he was capable of something like this.”

Dignon recalled an incident after the late news one night in which she pointed out a mistake Flanagan had made on the air. She said the disagreement “escalated so unexpectedly and so quickly … that he asked me to take it outside.”

Sounds like a time bomb with a 20-year fuse....

Reactions: FSUTribe76
From WCTV's website:

A former WTWC employee confirmed that Vester Flanagan worked at WTWC in Tallahassee from March of 1999 to March of 2000. The station also confirmed that Flanagan had filed a complaint regarding racial discrimination against the station but the case was settled.

Meteorologist Nancy Dignon worked with Flanagan at NBC News 40 in Tallahassee in the late 90’s.

Dignon says Flanagan anchored the 6 and 11pm newscasts with her on the weekends.

“We are all in disbelief – and quite shaken by this,” Dignon said. “We knew he was volatile, but we never thought in our wildest dreams that he was capable of something like this.”

Dignon recalled an incident after the late news one night in which she pointed out a mistake Flanagan had made on the air. She said the disagreement “escalated so unexpectedly and so quickly … that he asked me to take it outside.”

Sounds like a time bomb with a 20-year fuse....

Yep. Every company has a few of these.

Just glad the state didn't have to spend $$$ on supporting him.

The point of view video is still haunting me. Has completely freaked me out.

I was looking at the girl and camera man wanting to scream at them to turn around, duck, run, do something.

I was looking at the girl and camera man wanting to scream at them to turn around, duck, run, do something.

Me too. I wasn't sure what I was watching at first and then was in disbelief and then quickly hoped the version I was seeing would end before he pulled the trigger.

Was like watching someone playing a video game.

It had a triggering effect for my PTSD. Had to go for a walk and do my breathing exercises. Probably won't sleep tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT