ADVERTISEMENT

Taking a long term $$ approach to expansion...this is what I would do if I were SEC...

nolescd

Star Player
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2016
The south has a passionate fan base, a good booster community, history/tradition and importantly, favorable demographics due to the southern migration. I would grab every city in the Southeast, from Texas to North Carolina. Look at what is happening in Austin, South Florida, Atlanta, Raleigh, Charleston, etc. in terms of population and economic booms. Therefore, I would go with FSU, Miami, UNC and Clemson.

Lock down the entire Southeast region. Big 10 vs. SEC, red state vs. blue state, civil war with 90% of the population for people who care about college football.

Big 10 takes ND, UVA, Oregon, Washington to own Midwest, West Coast and Northeast fan base since most of the Northeast roots for PSU, Michigan, ND, etc.

Teams like NC State, Oklahoma St., Oregon St. Wash St., Virginia Tech, etc. who play second fiddle to the other state school will be in a tough spot as the better positioned school will be poached first and that will be enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News