ADVERTISEMENT

Tattoo's and metal piercings?

They're everywhere. I read almost half of Americans have tattoos now.

I'm not a fan. Tattos are for Marines and Sailors, IMO.

Why put a bumper sticker on a Ferrari?

And nose piercings are just brutal.

It depends on the tattoo and placement. Some are actually decent works of art and have meaning. But just getting a tramp stamp for the sake of having it to me is tacky. I was in the military for 24 years and up until recently there were rules on tattoos and how many you could have. When I got out I noticed lots of folk had them. According to the Pew Research Center 32% of Americans have tattoos.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I am very much the odd one out in my social group due to not having any tattoos or piercings. From my perspective, body modification has been a part of human culture forever and can be beautiful and meaningful; it can also just be a lot of fun. I have many friends and family members that have tattoos and piercings that fall into both categories.

This artist's work has always been fascinating to me, as has Dr. Woo's.

9130.jpg

linear-tattoo-doctor-woo-shamrock-social-club-5.jpg
Those look painful.

For the record I don't have any. I don't look down on those that do I just dont see the point myself.

The only reason I don't have a tattoo is because the artist refused to give one to a drunk kid who stumbled into his shop from the bar next door.
Well I cant be sure that didnt happen to me a few times but.... I was always afraid Id end up with something in Kanji that I think says something meaningful like family or strength but it really says something else.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I have no tats nor piercing; my wife has her ears pierced. I'm not a fan of either (other than traditional earlobe piercing on women). While I like to think my attitude is "to each his/her own" it's not entirely true (and doubt it really is for the others in this thread who claim to subscribe to that philosophy). While I would never want to tell another person what they can or cannot do, I'll admit that I sometimes judge someone on such things. If you were to come in my office for a job interview & you have an abundance of visible ink & piercings, it would make me hesitate - my business still leans to the conservative side.

Oh, and one other thing - there are two people who I might tell what they can/cannot do - my sons. The older, in college, commented a few weeks back about considering a tat (his girlfriend has a couple). While I did not tell him he could not - he's an adult - I did make sure he knew that I would not be paying for it.

I have no tats nor piercing; my wife has her ears pierced. I'm not a fan of either (other than traditional earlobe piercing on women). While I like to think my attitude is "to each his/her own" it's not entirely true (and doubt it really is for the others in this thread who claim to subscribe to that philosophy). While I would never want to tell another person what they can or cannot do, I'll admit that I sometimes judge someone on such things. If you were to come in my office for a job interview & you have an abundance of visible ink & piercings, it would make me hesitate - my business still leans to the conservative side.

Oh, and one other thing - there are two people who I might tell what they can/cannot do - my sons. The older, in college, commented a few weeks back about considering a tat (his girlfriend has a couple). While I did not tell him he could not - he's an adult - I did make sure he knew that I would not be paying for it.
I think if you have tattoos or piercings that cannot be covered with clothing your setting yourself up for failure. Too many people share your opinion. Its not about that hindering someone's ability or even your own perception its what others perceive of your company.

Never have liked tats on a woman; to me, it spoils their beauty. If guys want to look stupid, have at it. Which I guess makes me a chauvinist, so sue me.

On my 40th birthday, I went out, got drunk and had my ear pierced. Thought it was cool to wear a tomahawk earring to Braves games. By age 42, the hole had grown over from non-use. CSB

Reactions: BrianNole777

Kinda like curb appeal in real estate.

I got one when I was 17, small just my name

I know pretty stupid

My friend and I went to Colorado to visit a friend in army

Got real drunk and Bobby wants a tattoo

The tattooist was a real heavy set guy, well over 300 lbs

Bobby was being real crude and saying fat jokes, I didn’t like it

The artist was quiet, just kept doing his thing

Bobby wanted his name on his arm

All was good until later in the hotel room Bobby removed the bandage

It appears the artist got the last laugh

He spelled Bobby, Bobbie like a girls name