ADVERTISEMENT

TCU/SMU cancelled

Hospitalized is not the part I worry about. Tennessee has 44 players from their roster quarantined for 14 days now. Imagine that if it were us with that factor.

I don’t understand the 14 days. Is that with a positive test? We are directed that seeing patients with positive tests 10 days after symptoms is a go. I’d be interested to know what 14 days follows.

Reactions: Noledog92
Hospitalized is not the part I worry about. Tennessee has 44 players from their roster quarantined for 14 days now. Imagine that if it were us with that factor.
Now that we’re able to get test results back in 20 minutes, I’m having a hard time understanding why we quarantine people for 14 days because we think they’ve been close to someone who has it. If the virus should show up in five days, then it seems to me a couple of negative test on days five and six should get the player back on the field.

I don’t understand the 14 days. Is that with a positive test? We are directed that seeing patients with positive tests 10 days after symptoms is a go. I’d be interested to know what 14 days follows.
The 44 was for either having COVID and the players that came into contact with the players who have it. I don’t know how many of the players actually have COVID. Regardless they have been put in quarantine by the doctors. I couldn’t imagine being this close to the season and lose 44 players in one day.

Reactions: jjohnson03
Now that we’re able to get test results back in 20 minutes, I’m having a hard time understanding why we quarantine people for 14 days because we think they’ve been close to someone who has it. If the virus should show up in five days, then it seems to me a couple of negative test on days five and six should get the player back on the field.
Hopefully they get released early, but as of when the news dropped Pruitt said they are quarantined for 14 days unless otherwise notified. Hopefully they get notified otherwise for the kid’s sake.

It’s going to be hard for normality to win against this propaganda war. Not saying COVID isn’t real, but if folks were really following the latest science football would not be as threatened by this. I can see football grinding to halt before long, so all we can hope for is to see at least a couple of Nole games this season.

So is it fair for FSU to play Miami if we have a dozen starters out sick? It’s not always about dying.
These are the new parameters. Have to take the bad with the good. If we can field a team, we should play.

It's TCU. The article on their Rivals page said the teams do not have coinciding bye weeks so it will be hard to reschedule the game.

well if it’s TCU then it doesn’t worry me as much as if it had been SMU. If it had been SMU testing after playing I would be worried about what that would mean moving forward, but not a team that hasnt played a down.

That’s why I didn’t get that do we have to wear a mask thread. We are still in a pandemic rather. Just because people decided it was over for them doesn’t mean that it is over. Good news is everything I’m hearing our players are being smart and they realize what is at stake.

Tennessee’s outbreak started with a a football player house party. Talk about irresponsible.

That’s the logical approach, but the ACC rule is 14 days and you can’t test out. The reason is that the CDC thinks an infection can still take place up to 14 days following an exposure. I think this is WAY overboard and will definitely impact games.

Reactions: Delphics
7 players at Tennessee
the rest is exposure or tracing

SEC and ACC 14 days quarauntine period can not test out of , unless the presidents and health committee change the rules

there will be a time it will come calling to every team and it has already impacted practice participation with FSU and a number of players.

FSU will not disclose the information on any numbers, but I was told around the DJ and other incident that a number of players could not practice

Will be interesting as to how it impacts conditioning!

For next weekend. 19 players and/or coaches have tested positive.
Fingers crossed it doesn’t happen at FSU. 🤯
would be surprised if it does not happen to fsu 1-2 times this year and we finish the season mid dec .. or with 9-10 games played

Tenn has 44 players out this week .. we can not play if it is say our whole DL or maybe all of our WRs . it is an unusual season but we can be safe, be smart and maybe miss 1-2 games .. I am okay with that vs no football

Of the 11,000+ cases at colleges and universities not a single one has resulted in a hospitalization.
wont read that in the media .. yes the likely hood of young folks being hospital sick is low

Damn it all to hell. Most people don’t realize how many things they touch on a daily basis and can’t keep track of how many people they come in close contact. So this is a never ending problem.

Reactions: FSU1096 and goldmom
Of the 11,000+ cases at colleges and universities not a single one has resulted in a hospitalization.
Just to be even more clearer on the COVID stuff is my wife’s best friend from HS that she played softball with died from COVID complications about 3 weeks ago in Alabama. Her husband also got it but luckily and for the kid’s sake he pulled thru. We still don’t know how they got it, but that was way too close to home for sure for us. She did have high blood pressure she controlled thru medication. She succumbed to the virus while in a coma in the hospital after being sick for like 3 weeks. A heart attack due to the complications from COVID. Just turned 60 August the 15th.

That’s why I didn’t get that do we have to wear a mask thread. We are still in a pandemic rather. Just because people decided it was over for them doesn’t mean that it is over. Good news is everything I’m hearing our players are being smart and they realize what is at stake.

Tennessee’s outbreak started with a a football player house party. Talk about irresponsible.

What don't you understand about "do we have to wear a mask thread"? It wasn't ask if we had to wear a mask. It was ask do we have to wear it at our seats. I believe no one is questioning the mask wearing inside Doak or while getting to your seats, concession, bathroom breaks etc. Think we all are in agreement on that issue. But to sit "socially distanced", outdoors, in the sun, away from others and wear a mask is a little much. Indoors, low ventilated areas, around others = MASK ON, in your seats, sitting next to your family, in the sun, fresh air, socially distanced from others = MASK OFF. Or like I stated in another thread, have a cold beverage handy!!! Just my 2 cents!!! Go Noles!!!

Just to be even more clearer on the COVID stuff is my wife’s best friend from HS that she played softball with died from COVID complications about 3 weeks ago in Alabama. Her husband also got it but luckily and for the kid’s sake he pulled thru. We still don’t know how they got it, but that was way too close to home for sure for us. She did have high blood pressure she controlled thru medication. She succumbed to the virus while in a coma in the hospital after being sick for like 3 weeks. A heart attack due to the complications from COVID. Just turned 60 August the 15th.
Wow. It’s just frightening how random this thing is.
I have HBP controlled with meds as well. And I’m older than your friend. 😦

Pruitt should be more on top of things.

Reactions: amckinnon317
Wow. It’s just frightening how random this thing is.
I have HBP controlled with meds as well. And I’m older than your friend. 😦
Thing that is even more scarier is she was a really good singer with a bellowing voice that sang in our church every Sunday. It took us all by surprise and still just mind boggling for us all. They were just like the rest of us thinking if we get it we would pull thru. Nothing to worry about. Then boom she’s got it and quarantined and died all alone. Nobody was allowed around her. It was and still is awful for her kids and husband. They are still at a heart wrenching loss.

She had 4 grand babies and 1 great grandchild she left behind. She was a great friend and will be sorely missed.

For next weekend. 19 players and/or coaches have tested positive.
Fingers crossed it doesn’t happen at FSU. 🤯
They need to play with whoever is not infected. I hope these are positive cases and not contact people.

Really sorry to hear about your loss

What don't you understand about "do we have to wear a mask thread"? It wasn't ask if we had to wear a mask. It was ask do we have to wear it at our seats. I believe no one is questioning the mask wearing inside Doak or while getting to your seats, concession, bathroom breaks etc. Think we all are in agreement on that issue. But to sit "socially distanced", outdoors, in the sun, away from others and wear a mask is a little much. Indoors, low ventilated areas, around others = MASK ON, in your seats, sitting next to your family, in the sun, fresh air, socially distanced from others = MASK OFF. Or like I stated in another thread, have a cold beverage handy!!! Just my 2 cents!!! Go Noles!!!

You must didn’t read some of those replies but I’m not hear to argue it at this point. I just hope no one here is personally impacted even though that seems like the only thing that will get some to take it seriously.

Wait this game was cancelled before SMU played yesterday. I know it’s the TCU side but it’s not shocking. It won’t be made up bc it’s not a conference game so it doesn’t matter.

Hope they are doing 2 tests to confirm. PCR tests have a 68-73% accuracy rate, just ask the 77 NFL players who recently tested positive only to find out they were false.
Yes, you are correct and look at this article in the New York Times saying we in the USA use a more strict version of the test which causes a much higher positive rate.
"The PCR test amplifies genetic matter from the virus in cycles; the fewer cycles required, the greater the amount of virus, or viral load, in the sample. The greater the viral load, the more likely the patient is to be contagious.

This number of amplification cycles needed to find the virus, called the cycle threshold, is never included in the results sent to doctors and coronavirus patients, although it could tell them how infectious the patients are.

In three sets of testing data that include cycle thresholds, compiled by officials in Massachusetts, New York and Nevada, up to 90 percent of people testing positive carried barely any virus, a review by The Times found.

On Thursday, the United States recorded 45,604 new coronavirus cases, according to a database maintained by The Times. If the rates of contagiousness in Massachusetts and New York were to apply nationwide, then perhaps only 4,500 of those people may actually need to isolate and submit to contact tracing."

You must didn’t read some of those replies but I’m not hear to argue it at this point. I just hope no one here is personally impacted even though that seems like the only thing that will get some to take it seriously.

No argument here. Well all have questions during this time. Just pointing out the question that was ask and the reality of the answer. Go Noles!!!

Yes, you are correct and look at this article in the New York Times saying we in the USA use a more strict version of the test which causes a much higher positive rate.
"The PCR test amplifies genetic matter from the virus in cycles; the fewer cycles required, the greater the amount of virus, or viral load, in the sample. The greater the viral load, the more likely the patient is to be contagious.

This number of amplification cycles needed to find the virus, called the cycle threshold, is never included in the results sent to doctors and coronavirus patients, although it could tell them how infectious the patients are.

In three sets of testing data that include cycle thresholds, compiled by officials in Massachusetts, New York and Nevada, up to 90 percent of people testing positive carried barely any virus, a review by The Times found.

On Thursday, the United States recorded 45,604 new coronavirus cases, according to a database maintained by The Times. If the rates of contagiousness in Massachusetts and New York were to apply nationwide, then perhaps only 4,500 of those people may actually need to isolate and submit to contact tracing."

Unreal!!! So basically 10% of the positive cases had a viral load to be contagious or spread the virus? How is this not all over the MSM??? That is like inflating a test to get the results you want??? So if I want it to be positive just amplify the test multiple times to get enough genetic matter to pop a positive and for it to be negative maybe not amplify??? We all can see the numbers are lets say, questionable at best, but to have the tests (cases) that can be manipulated or amplified to push an increase in positive cases that's like digging for water, dig deep enough you'll eventually hit it. Thanks for sharing the article. I'm awake!!!:)

Reactions: David Slaton
The 44 was for either having COVID and the players that came into contact with the players who have it. I don’t know how many of the players actually have COVID. Regardless they have been put in quarantine by the doctors. I couldn’t imagine being this close to the season and lose 44 players in one day.
Report was that seven or eight tested positive... rest were contact tracing.

Reactions: FSUfan1973

Got to live ur life at some point.

Reactions: BrianFSU
Got to live ur life at some point.

Within reason. We have people in this thread who have shared they lost loved ones. I’ve had it. I know others who have as well. A wise man once said learn from others mistakes. I wouldn’t willingly partake in something if I didn’t have to. By that I mean just be responsible and wear a mask for not only your safety but those who also could be vulnerable as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT