ADVERTISEMENT

The Economic Disaster of the Pandemic Response

surfnole

Seminole Insider
Mar 29, 2002
Only discusses the economic impact. Many other impacts from the pandemic response such as areas of mental health, education.....

Reactions: evgoodwin
Only discusses the economic impact. Many other impacts from the pandemic response such as areas of mental health, education.....

With so much bad information out there regarding the pandemic and the economy its really hard to draw conclusions on what the true impact was or is. How much of the economic issues now are the result of current policy versus pandemic response? How much of the supply chain and logistic issues are pandemic related versus artificially induced? All of this could be a result of the pandemic and the response was worse than Covid itself. Or much of this isn't related to the pandemic and its the result of bad policies post pandemic. Or it could be a combination of many factors.

The whole thing was a fiasco, and its ultimate impact will not be known for decades (i.e., tons of kids fell behind educationally and socially, and they will never catch up).

Funny to me to see the vaccine extremists now asking for "amnesty." LOL.

Last edited:
The whole thing was a fiasco, and its ultimate impact will not be known for decades (i.e., tons of kids fell behind educationally and socially, and they will never catch up).

Funny to me to now see the vaccine extremists now asking for "amnesty." LOL.
I don't disagree but kids and people in general have been falling behind socially for years. We have social media and cell phones to thank for that.

The whole thing from beginning to end wasn’t handled well for many reasons both politically, socially and medically.
I dare say each and every one of us know someone who lost their life to Covid. And not all of them were super elderly people.
And I’ll also say I bet most of us had Covid and obviously we’re here to talk about it.
I’ve made my own decision to get the booster. Y’all make your own decisions as well.

How much of the supply chain and logistic issues are pandemic related versus artificially induced? .

What would be causing the supply chain issues other than lockdowns? I've not heard of anything. Ignore oil to Europe from the Russia war. That's only an energy issue and only in Europe.

Reactions: tribal_idiot
What would be causing the supply chain issues other than lockdowns? I've not heard of anything. Ignore oil to Europe from the Russia war. That's only an energy issue and only in Europe.
If you induce false demand (toilet paper shortage) that ripples through the system. If you hold ships in port for an extra day that ripples through the system. Not saying that happened but it could cause issues.

The whole thing from beginning to end wasn’t handled well for many reasons both politically, socially and medically.
I dare say each and every one of us know someone who lost their life to Covid. And not all of them were super elderly people.
And I’ll also say I bet most of us had Covid and obviously we’re here to talk about it.
I’ve made my own decision to get the booster. Y’all make your own decisions as well.
I got the first set and booster but I wont be getting the next round or any there after unless something changes. But I do agree this was handled poorly to say the least on many fronts. Hopefully we learn a valuable lesson when next time rolls around.

I don't disagree but kids and people in general have been falling behind socially for years. We have social media and cell phones to thank for that.
Please support your assertion with data. Frankly, this is just old guy get off my lawn stuff. Social media and cell phones?
Teenage pregnancy rates are down 55% in the last 20 years.
Teenage violent crime arrests down 78% since 1994.
Teenage suicide rate has remained relatively flat since 1990.
College graduation within 6 years of starting has gone from 50% to 64% in the last 20 years.

I could go on............................

Last edited:

Not to throw gasoline on the fire, but this is a peer reviewed article from a small journal on censorship around COVID:

Wasn't any real data in there. Although I generally agree with his sentiment, there are better journal articles out there with data and its shows a mix bag. What we do know is that the lock downs destroyed over 100 million in the US finances. And it will take decades to recover from that.

Please support your assertion with data. Frankly, this is just old guy get off my lawn stuff. Social media and cell phones?
College graduation within 6 years of starting has gone from 50% to 64% in the last 20 years.

Trends due to new technology like mobile phones and social media would impact any person born throughout history. They are only the latest triggers that change behavior.

Ok.

Not to throw gasoline on the fire, but this is a peer reviewed article from a small journal on censorship around COVID:

The question is why it happened. What was the reasoning behind suppressing different view and ideas related to the pandemic? Was it to protect public safety or protect other aspects of it?

That's the beauty of this country we can both have our opinions for now...

Reactions: fsufool
I recognize the definition ‘youths’ varies specifically from ‘teenage’, but suicides haven’t been ‘relatively flat since 1990’. Things got better, and then worse:

US_teen_suicide.jpg

11b17_chart.jpg

Funny to me to see the vaccine extremists now asking for "amnesty." LOL.
You reap what you sow. They sowed hatred and discord for the non vaccinated and they will get what's coming to them.

I am not even prepared to say that we did not handle the pandemic well. We have no point of reference to make that determination, other than to compare Covid to previous pandemics.

We can compare it to the handling versus other countries and even other states.

In the scheme of history will probably never know. In the black plague days they didn't know what caused it or abstractly they did. And for this pandemic we don't know how much the true extent could have been without science. The vaccine neither stops the transmission of covid nor prevents anybody from catching it

Last edited:
Personally, I am very grateful for the vaccines and for how my state and city managed the pandemic. I feel incredibly privileged to have survived a worldwide pandemic without ever getting sick and without losing a single member of my family or friend group.
Consider yourself fortunate. I didn't lose a family member but did lose nine friends in a community as small as DeFuniak. They ranged in age from 31-64. The common denominator was none were vaccinated.

Recieved from a friend's husband yesterday. Did she pass away due to Covid policy? Quite possibly.

"Surgery was in February 2020. She was declared cancer free but would still need to complete the planned chemo to be certain. The chemo never happened because Covid-19 shut down the infusion centers for months. XYZ had a recurrence in February 2021."

In the scheme of history will probably never know. In the black plague days they didn't know what caused it or abstractly they did. And for this pandemic we don't know how much the true extent could have been without science. The vaccine neither stops the transmission of covid nor prevents anybody from catching it
I saw a documentary about the plague and they seemed to know the where and how of it but couldn't really do anything to stop it.

I found it interesting (if you believe the published numbers) that countries that had almost zero restrictions faired the same or better than those with lockdowns and mask mandates. Sweden and Germany both took drastically different paths and the numbers of deaths were very close. There are many variables to consider but on raw numbers they are comparable.

Sweden - 255k cases per 1M and 2022 deaths per 1M.
Germany - 424k cases and 1831 deaths.

Edit: I think the numbers grossly undercount the numbers of cases as many if not most went undetected.

I do consider myself very fortunate, and I do attribute some of that good fortune to not knowing a single person who has not gotten vaccinated and boosted as soon as possible.
I know a bunch of folks that both got vaccinated as soon as possible and that didn't get vaccinated at all. Some got sick some didn't. I really don't think the shot had anything to do with it.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Buy a clue dude.
Elitists invented “stats” in their communist indoctrination “universities” to silence free speech and steal our friggin guns!!! 😡😡😡🥷🏽🥷🏽
That's an excellent point. I heard that if you buy enough ARs you could scare covid off with your 'merican firepower. Pew Pew.

That's an excellent point. I heard that if you buy enough ARs you could scare covid off with your 'merican firepower. Pew Pew.
I have one for sale if your interested. Its a 5.56 vs the .223. They are getting a little has been as assault rifles go since everyone has them. I went with the Sig MCX instead.

I have one for sale if your interested. Its a 5.56 vs the .223. They are getting a little has been as assault rifles go since everyone has them. I went with the Sig MCX instead.
This reminds me to ask Jerry why the heck they didn’t add a Weaponry - Buy/Sell/Rent board.

Gotta say that even though it usually seems that you and I have very different political/world views, and have had our tussles in that regard, I appreciate your humor, good nature and humility.

Go Noles!
I don't take things personally and value everyone's opinion. Plus funny is funny.

Reactions: NoleSince1961
If you've read/watched any zombie media you would know that an AR is not a great long term solution. I've got my mall ninja sword ready.
I watched WWZ by mistake once not thinking it was a zombie movie. I guess the big letter Z wasn't a big enough give away. If they ever do come ill be glad to have anything and save the last one cause were screwed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT