ADVERTISEMENT

The Night Of - FINALE...The Call of the Wild (Spoilers)

DanC78

Veteran Seminole Insider
Aug 29, 2003
Great show!

Dude has gnarly feet.

The Stepdad, very weird dude. How could he have not have recognized her in the photo at first? I didn't understand that one, wonder if it will play back into things later.

The 2nd computer being taken from the house, the one the brother was on.

Does the detective really think he did it? Clearly he is out to prove he did, and make his life miserable (Harvard shirt). But it appears he still has reservations about him deep down,

Good show all around though. I'm so glad there are only 6 episodes left. And I'm assuming it gets wrapped up and solved this season...right???

Last edited:
Reactions: HulaNole
The detective gave him the Harvard shirt.........and I would say that the Detective doesn't think he did it, it's why they took so long to charge him.

I guess I need to go back and watch both, because I have no clue what you are talking about with the computer.

The detective gave him the Harvard shirt.........and I would say that the Detective doesn't think he did it, it's why they took so long to charge him.

I guess I need to go back and watch both, because I have no clue what you are talking about with the computer.

Yeah, the cops came over with a warrant to the kids house and went through his room taking stuff. On their way out the door they saw an additional computer that the kids brother was using. They went and snatched that one up as well. They were pretty quick about it.

Yeah, the cops came over with a warrant to the kids house and went through his room taking stuff. On their way out the door they saw an additional computer that the kids brother was using. They went and snatched that one up as well. They were pretty quick about it.

Gotcha.

Watched it again tonight while finishing up some work. Thought some of the Jack Stone (Turturro) scenes were interesting too.

- case above Stone's pay grade (Box to Stone)
- lowlifes he usually represents (Officer to Stone before Stone replies about the chokehold)
- Stone bragging to Ex after she wonders why he putting on a tie
- "Right time, right place" -Stone to Ex-wife
- The double-take the Judge gives Stone as the case is introduced
- Judge asking how he got the client. Same answer as he gave his Ex-wife. Well, in reverse order. Right place, right time.
- Stone's Advertisements

Reactions: dmm5157
Watched it again tonight while finishing up some work. Thought some of the Jack Stone (Turturro) scenes were interesting too.

- case above Stone's pay grade (Box to Stone)
- lowlifes he usually represents (Officer to Stone before Stone replies about the chokehold)
- Stone bragging to Ex after she wonders why he putting on a tie
- "Right time, right place" -Stone to Ex-wife
- The double-take the Judge gives Stone as the case is introduced
- Judge asking how he got the client. Same answer as he gave his Ex-wife. Well, in reverse order. Right place, right time.
- Stone's Advertisements

Mind blown

They do spend a lot of time on his itchy feet, I hope they move on from that subject.

I think the stepdad for some reason thought he may be a suspect and that is why he denied recognizing the photo at first glimpse. I got the impression when his wife(mother) died they were separated and the daughter ended up with the house. I get the feeling he is guilty of something seedy in the past but we are to get the impression he could easily be the killer.

At first I thought this could be a story of a genius lawyer who unlocks this mystery. At the moment I don't think that will be the case. At this time I get the impression he is in way over his head and is simply using the kid and put himself in a position he really should not be in. I think everyone else in the judicial system knows this but no one has the slightest bit of empathy to speak up or care.

Box seems to be a wolf in sheep's clothing. Getting to the truth is underscored by getting a conviction as we find out in the talk with the DA.

I noted in the other thread in the first two show we have multiple scenes with the brother in the background. Now they have his computer which I find interesting. I believe he has a much larger role in this story to come.

Another angle is my wife really reacts to this kids predicament and the show plays it up well. It would interesting if they keep up that theme and in the end we find he actually is the killer.

Another angle is my wife really reacts to this kids predicament and the show plays it up well. It would interesting if they keep up that theme and in the end we find he actually is the killer.

I wouldn't be surprised with this either.

The kid stabs her in the hand. She doesn't flinch, seems to like it, and begins to get hot and horny. The rookie kid thinks this is normal and just wants to please her because she seems to like it. She insist on him cutting her more (I know, who does that, but who gets their hand stabbed and then jumps up and starts making out with the person who did it). They have weird wild sex, she is all cut up from him doing what she begged for, he downstairs for water and starts thinking how weird that was, goes back upstairs and she is dead. He freaks out, grabs knife, and hauls arse. In his head he thinks he didn't do it. And remember, we still haven't heard his story as to what happened. The attorney refuses to hear it either, (which is weird right? Do attorney's actually say things like that?).

Again, all the above scenarios are legit as well...the point of the show is to guess, "who done it".

I wouldn't be surprised with this either.

The kid stabs her in the hand. She doesn't flinch, seems to like it, and begins to get hot and horny. The rookie kid thinks this is normal and just wants to please her because she seems to like it. She insist on him cutting her more (I know, who does that, but who gets their hand stabbed and then jumps up and starts making out with the person who did it). They have weird wild sex, she is all cut up from him doing what she begged for, he downstairs for water and starts thinking how weird that was, goes back upstairs and she is dead. He freaks out, grabs knife, and hauls arse. In his head he thinks he didn't do it. And remember, we still haven't heard his story as to what happened. The attorney refuses to hear it either, (which is weird right? Do attorney's actually say things like that?).

Again, all the above scenarios are legit as well...the point of the show is to guess, "who done it".

Dan, Dan, Dan.

1. Naz has no blood on him until he touches her on the bed after she's dead and then later cuts his hand when breaking back into the apartment to get his keys and the knife. If he'd killed the girl, he would have been covered in blood. You saw that there was blood on the lampshade, all over the bed, etc. Hell, they even recovered a drip of blood from that deer head downstairs, which is curious.

2. The attorney refuses to hear the story because this is not what he does. He doesn't care about the truth, he's a story teller and an ambulance chaser. He's used to making up stories, not building a case on strengths and weaknesses. A seasoned defense attorney would want to know the truth to know what could possibly await ahead rather than waiting for it to come up during the trial. He also is completely aware that there is no chance this isn't going to trial.

Dan, Dan, Dan.

1. Naz has no blood on him until he touches her on the bed after she's dead and then later cuts his hand when breaking back into the apartment to get his keys and the knife. If he'd killed the girl, he would have been covered in blood. You saw that there was blood on the lampshade, all over the bed, etc. Hell, they even recovered a drip of blood from that deer head downstairs, which is curious.

2. The attorney refuses to hear the story because this is not what he does. He doesn't care about the truth, he's a story teller and an ambulance chaser. He's used to making up stories, not building a case on strengths and weaknesses. A seasoned defense attorney would want to know the truth to know what could possibly await ahead rather than waiting for it to come up during the trial. He also is completely aware that there is no chance this isn't going to trial.

Agreed. That's the only thing that makes me believe that he may be innocent. Unless there is evidence showing that he left the house before he woke up or that he cleaned up, I don't think that he did it.

Reactions: DanC78
Agreed. That's the only thing that makes me believe that he may be innocent. Unless there is evidence showing that he left the house before he woke up or that he cleaned up, I don't think that he did it.

And timeline doesn't support that theory. In fact only thing I really don't like is how coherent he is when he wakes up. For a kid that doesn't drink and never done drugs, he wakes up pretty sober.

The timeline unveiled in Episode 1 and beginning of Episode 2 is that he picked up the girl around 11PM. Then they pick him up around 2AM. That's a pretty small window for all this to happen and him to wake up the way that he did. It's director's choice, but a good technique to express how disoriented he was would have been to mount camera on him as he walked through the apartment, ran out, drove around town, and even as he was sitting in police station. He looks scared, but not mind altered.

They screwed up on when they took the toxicology tests on him, so not sure they'll be able to conclusively figure out how intoxicated he was, etc.

The window in which they had sex and he woke up seems to be small. Maybe 1 hour? 2 tops? I can't wait to see how this whole thing comes together.

Reactions: DanC78 and HulaNole
the point of the show is to guess, "who done it".

I don't think that is the point at all. I think it is to show the legal system.

Evidence gathered. Cases built. Interviewed. Can previous statements harm defense? Do we charge? Representation. Jail. Ethnicity. Effect on a innocent that seemed to have lead a pretty clean life have one really bad night that changed his entire life. Just my guess. Obviously, Naz may have done it, and my premise could be all wrong :)

Reactions: DanC78
And timeline doesn't support that theory. In fact only thing I really don't like is how coherent he is when he wakes up. For a kid that doesn't drink and never done drugs, he wakes up pretty sober.

HBO and Hollywood for that matter love to have characters do copious amounts of drugs one minute and be sober the next. It drives me nuts see Colin Farrell True Detective 2.

I think it is a show about justice system or lack there of too. I prefer the "who done it" aspect more but most seem to love watching corrupt cops/system themes

To clarify, I don't mean to say "who done it" isn't part of the story. I just don't think that is the objective.

I still think it was someone from across the river. Maybe the motorcycle man. Of course that could have just been to throw viewers off the trail too.

Obviously Andrea had her run-ins in her short life (Don Taylor's conversation with Detective Box) and also she and her father-in-law have no relationship.

corrupt cops/system themes

Why use the word corrupt? Anyway, I don't want this to go down the wrong path. I don't know if that comment was from my thoughts on the show so far but if it was I don't see how my comments were interpreted as corrupt.

My two cents:
  1. I see this show as a "who done it" first and foremost.
  2. I think the show is about an underdog getting a chance to prove himself by taking on the big bad DA and winning when everyone else says he's out of his league.
  3. I see a cop who could easily walk away from this investigation knowing the kid will be found guilty, but decides to use his heart and keep pursuing the case in hopes the kid is innocent. But because of the overwhelming amount of evidence, logic says to charge him for now.
As far as this show being about a corrupt system or group of people.....not seeing that angle at all. Maybe If the attorney ends up being a suspect, then maybe there is a touch of someone being corrupt, but I guess the guilty party alway will be corrupt.

Last edited:
My two cents:
  1. I see this show as a "who done it" first and foremost.
  2. Second, I this show about an underdog getting a chance to prove himself by taking on the big bad DA and winning when everyone else says he's out of his league.
  3. Third, I see a cop who could easily walk away from this investigation knowing the kid will be found guilty, but decides to use his heart and keep pursuing the case in hopes the kid is innocent. But because of the overwhelming amount of evidence, logic says to charge him for now.
As far as this show being about a corrupt system or group of people.....not seeing that angle at all. Maybe If the attorney ends up being a suspect, then maybe there is a touch of someone being corrupt, but I guess the guilty party alway will be corrupt.

Completely agree with all of that.

And the blood on his left palm is his and hers (when he stabbed through her hand), also he has her blood on the left side of his head when she held his head when they kissed after he stabbed her.

And she is/was a complete freak..........I really like(d) that.

Why use the word corrupt? Anyway, I don't want this to go down the wrong path. I don't know if that comment was from my thoughts on the show so far but if it was I don't see how my comments were interpreted as corrupt.

My bad, poor choice of working. Incompetent would have been a better choice.

The show is definitely a mix of "who done it" and a lawyer out of his league that may or may not win the case. I assume the lawyer will catch on to the evidence that was mishandled, it was a small scene in episode 1 where the officers came up to the front desk and was asking about evidence and the officer said he sent it with another officer who apparently had no business handling the evidence and will ultimately get whatever evidence it was thrown out of court. I'm not sure we ever find out who done it.

The show is definitely a mix of "who done it" and a lawyer out of his league that may or may not win the case. I assume the lawyer will catch on to the evidence that was mishandled, it was a small scene in episode 1 where the officers came up to the front desk and was asking about evidence and the officer said he sent it with another officer who apparently had no business handling the evidence and will ultimately get whatever evidence it was thrown out of court. I'm not sure we ever find out who done it.

It wasn't evidence, they were supposed to get some blood to see if he was "drunk" or not..........but the officers that brought him in never told the guy at the desk he needed to get it done, which is why he said it was his "lucky day."

It wasn't evidence, they were supposed to get some blood to see if he was "drunk" or not..........but the officers that brought him in never told the guy at the desk he needed to get it done, which is why he said it was his "lucky day."

Ah, dang, welp, there goes my theory

I assume the lawyer will catch on to the evidence that was mishandled, it was a small scene in episode 1 where the officers came up to the front desk and was asking about evidence and the officer said he sent it with another officer who apparently had no business handling the evidence and will ultimately get whatever evidence it was thrown out of court.

Actually, rjw is correct. There was evidence in Ep 1 where there was an issue with chain of evidence. That discussion did take place with the desk sergeant and the two gentlemen I assume were the ones from the CSU Hazmat van. Seems the desk sergeant handed the evidence (Naz's knife and clothes) to two uniformed drivers to drive over (someplace) because he was trying to "help out". A dispatcher signed the voucher for the evidence.

There also was a whole separate conversation between the desk sergeant and different officers about no tests being performed and it being Naz's lucky day. This conversation actually takes place first because it is where they discover the knife and then take Naz's clothes.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly there was a chain of custody issue brought up in the OJ trial too.

Actually, rjw is correct. There was evidence in Ep 1 where there was an issue with chain of evidence. That discussion did take place with the desk sergeant and the two gentlemen I assume were the ones from the CSU Hazmat van. Seems the desk sergeant handed the evidence (Naz's knife and clothes) to two uniformed drivers to drive over (someplace) because he was trying to "help out". A dispatcher signed the voucher for the evidence.

There also was a whole separate conversation between the desk sergeant and different officers about no tests being performed and it being Naz's lucky day. This conversation actually takes place first because it is where they discover the knife and then take Naz's clothes.

I remember the original officers finding the knife during the pat down, but I thought it was the female officer that found the knife the one that put the knife in the evidence bag.........I'm going to have to rewatch that.

I remember the original officers finding the knife during the pat down, but I thought it was the female officer that found the knife the one that put the knife in the evidence bag.........I'm going to have to rewatch that.

You are correct. But remember the scene with the two officers who are in charge of evidence material showed up to pick up the bag with the knife the dispatch cop said he had already sent it and they remarked about thank you for wasting our time or something along that line.

Last edited:
Reactions: HulaNole
You are correct. But remember the scene with the two officers who are in charge of evidence material showed up to pick up the bag with the knife the dispatch cop dispatch cop said he had already sent it and they remarked about thank you for wasting our time or something along that line.

Exactly. They also mention chain of evidence. This scene happens at ~1:10 in Ep1.

I think you're wrong about the blood on him. When he stabbed her hand he grabbed it and got some blood on his hand. That was way before he found her and took the knife.

I think you're wrong about the blood on him. When he stabbed her hand he grabbed it and got some blood on his hand. That was way before he found her and took the knife.

That's also when her blood got on his head....with that said, why didn't he get that blood off his hand? Plenty of opportunity, he'll could have just licked the hell of his palm

That's also when her blood got on his head....with that said, why didn't he get that blood off his hand? Plenty of opportunity, he'll could have just licked the hell of his palm

The blood that left the mark on the car. among other things, was not from her blood. That was from when he cut his hand when he went to break back into the apartment when he got locked out. He was still partially bleeding.

When the mom saw condoms in the backpack, just being safe or is there another girl? He said party girl was the second.

Seems like they've shown the deer head a few times as if it's watching what's going on. Hidden camera? Symbolism, it "saw" who the killer was(blood on eyeball)?

The blood that left the mark on the car. among other things, was not from her blood. That was from when he cut his hand when he went to break back into the apartment when he got locked out. He was still partially bleeding.

I don't know about that, if you look close when he's waking up in the kitchen there is some blood there and this is before he even finds her........Plus I think he cut his left hand on the glass, not his right hand and it's his right hand that got the blood on the cab. If I'm remembering all of that correctly that is.

When the mom saw condoms in the backpack, just being safe or is there another girl? He said party girl was the second.

Seems like they've shown the deer head a few times as if it's watching what's going on. Hidden camera? Symbolism, it "saw" who the killer was(blood on eyeball)?

The deer head had blood trip on it, they collected a blood sample from it, at least it appeared that way.

And since it's not where the murder happened, have to wonder how it got there. Deer head was downstairs.

I don't know about that, if you look close when he's waking up in the kitchen there is some blood there and this is before he even finds her........Plus I think he cut his left hand on the glass, not his right hand and it's his right hand that got the blood on the cab. If I'm remembering all of that correctly that is.

Re-watching right now. Will check.

Going to post observations as I notice them:

1. When she lets cat out the back door, the gate doesn't appear to close all the way. Gate kinda swings back and forth a bit.

2. The lyrics of the song that is playing while Naz and the girl play with the knife is foreshadowing. The lyrics that get shown via closed captioning are interesting.

I could feel myself growing colder
I could feel myself under your fate
Under your fate

It was you ...
I could feel my eyes turning into dust
And two strangers turning into dust
Turning into dust

. Deer head is actually on 2nd floor. There's no blood drip under the eye of the eye of the deer head until after Naz wakes up in the kitchen, which is on 1st floor. He passes deer head on way up to bedroom, on 3rd floor.

Last edited:

Going to post observations as I notice them:

1. When she lets cat out the back door, the gate doesn't appear to close all the way. Gate kinda swings back and forth a bit.

2. The lyrics of the song that is playing while Naz and the girl play with the knife is foreshadowing. The lyrics that get shown via closed captioning are interesting.

Under your fate

It was you ...
Turning into dust

Three some?

Naz does cut his left hand. Left hand is what he touches the car with and leaves blood stain with. It's also the hand he touches the blood soaked crime scene with.

Please do.

Yea, I caught that also.

Under your fate

It was you ...
Turning into dust

Interesting.

3. Deer head is actually on 2nd floor. There's no blood drip under the eye of the eye of the deer head until after Naz wakes up in the kitchen, which is on 1st floor. He passes deer head on way up to bedroom, on 3rd floor.

Didn't they show the deer head as soon as they first entered? Or because of all the steps, the floor they entered the house on is actually the 2nd floor?

Also, what was up with the long stare by the black guy when they got out of the cab at the house?

Naz does cut his left hand. Left hand is what he touches the car with and leaves blood stain with. It's also the hand he touches the blood soaked crime scene with.

I stand corrected, I thought the blood from the cab came from his right hand.

Also, what was up with the long stare by the black guy when they got out of the cab at the house?

It could note aggression or deception which this show has a lot of characters caught in stares in the first two episodes. It is a great technique to keep us as viewers guessing.

Reactions: fsu1jreed

That's what I mentioned in the original thread for the first episode for the possible point of entry for the killer. Its not clear whether she did it on purpose or not. If its not the point of entry then the killer had a key or was already in the house and knew her. I would love some more information on the other guy that was with the kid from The Wire. The kid told police he was alone when he saw Naz with the girl and the guy had a lingering stare at the couple. He's probably too obvious of a suspect the way the camera focused on him, but he's my number one until I get more information.

What was up the dude driving the hearse at the gas station? He know she dealt with drugs or something?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT