ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR College Football Drinking Game Thread!!!

That was not an average Clemson team. Well, maybe average for them. That team finished 10-2 and #11, like most of their teams in that era, like now. What happened tonight was a different deal.
I meant compared to their elite program now...I didn't want anyone who wasn't watching back then to think that that Clemson was as good as they are now.

Similarly to last night, everyone expected FSU to win that game back in '89, but we got rolled. Hopefully, we bounce back at least a fraction as well this time and improve enough to be competitive with the Tigers and others later on.

My ten year old this morning, "Dad are we going to stink again b/c I'm gonna be a Clemson fan". I can't blame them.

Hey, if we can't laugh at ourselves, how can we laugh at Miami and UF? I guess we could beat them then laugh, but I like our odds of laughing at them for losing to other teams better.
At least I think we're better than FAU this year.

Last night was a huge disappointment on many levels, but I'm not ready to give up on the season.

We've got a three game stretch of imminently winnable games before heading to Louisville. The should give the staff enough time to get the offense on track.

Many of us predicted a 9-3 season, which is still in the realm of possibility (although a little less likely now).

Last night was a huge disappointment on many levels, but I'm not ready to give up on the season.

We've got a three game stretch of imminently winnable games before heading to Louisville. The should give the staff enough time to get the offense on track.

Many of us predicted a 9-3 season, which is still in the realm of possibility (although a little less likely now).
I predicted an 8-4 season but VT was in the win column. Now I’m rolling with a 7-5 record and reserve the right to make further adjustments as the season progresses/digresses.

I predicted an 8-4 season but VT was in the win column. Now I’m rolling with a 7-5 record and reserve the right to make further adjustments as the season progresses/digresses.
No one is going to be scared of us the rest of the way. Any team with a modicum of ability up front will easily dominate our row of subway turnstiles (A.K.A. "offensive line") after seeing VT do it regularly with just a three-man rush. We may as well play a formation with just 1 or 2 LB's since we don't have any that should be playing at the P5 level. Small and slow is no way for DB's to go through a season, as well. We'll be doing well to match last season's lower bar for success (bowl appearance + winning record).

Reactions: ggmike1992
Watching the first installment of Lethal Simplicity

I can only hope the team puts it all together and gets on a roll so at the end of the season everyone is saying things like, "remember how bad they were against VA Tech? That seems like ages ago!".

Serious question: if we came out ready to play instead of yukking it up and doing that stupid swaying stuff, would we eek out something like a 9-6 win?

Seems like the pregame stuff was fun, but maybe next time the team should wait until AFTER the game to unleash the celebration.

Ps offensive line personnel issues didn't magically disappear over the offseason. We're looking at .500ish W/L in conference play.

I hope they get an incurable STD and a prostate exam with no lube for that horsesh...:mad:

jackelamCR.jpg

Reactions: ggmike1992
I’m as critical as anyone over the years but it’s just one game. Seems like everybody on the FB boards are ready to move on from Taggart already. Smh... Doesn’t everyone remember this was a 7-6 team year?
Don't worry. We'll remember 7-6 all right.

:rolleyes:

I’m as critical as anyone over the years but it’s just one game. Seems like everybody on the FB boards are ready to move on from Taggart already. Smh... Doesn’t everyone remember this was a 7-6 team year?

When the coach basically quit after the 1st game.
Anyways, on to this year.
I, like many were and still are skeptical of hiring a guy that has a losing record. The pre-kickoff dance party was ridiculous, the play calling was ridiculous, he showed no emotion, he kept calling the same play that never worked, the o line at best is equal to last years disaster, more than half of the plays were for 0 or less yards. All this against a bunch of 2 and 3 stars that hadn't even played. I'd say there is reason for concern..

FSU has had 10 offensive linemen taken in the NFL draft since 2011. That's more than Wisconsin.

It's not like we don't have the talent and size...

FSU has had 10 offensive linemen taken in the NFL draft since 2011. That's more than Wisconsin.

It's not like we don't have the talent and size...
It's easier to teach someone from scratch rather than having to correct bad habits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT