ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR College Gameday Drinking Game Thread

@sloth43 can tell you about knee dislocations. Granted his was about 20 years ago, but he was down for the count for a while. I imagine he is done for the season.

I had a patella dislocation in 99 while playing basketball. My issue was twofold:

Tendon tears (patella tendon was partial and the biggest issue pain wise)

Patella fracture (the size of a dime broke off of my knee cap during the dislocation)

Now, if it is a dislocation without the other issues he could be back by November with added strengthening around the knee

Worst case is it takes a couple years, think Josh Sweat who had a similar injury in HS. Some thought he wasn't the same following his injury (top HS player that didn't seem like a J Clowney clone he was billed to be) but the combine results showed he was more than capable of performing at an extremely high level.

Each injury is different (as is how each body responds). When my injury happened almost 20 years ago, I didn't have access to the caliber of doctors and trainers that will be able to help Laborn I wish him the best of luck

Things I don't want to see or hear about the rest of this year:

Lethal simplicity

Gulf Coast offense

DBU

A backpack that looks like it was borrowed from a sixth grader.

This is a quote from an article running on seminoles.com Maybe the bag was in their heads as they created five turnovers last night.... the most since 2013 for the Noles. It is not about us, but about the team.
http://seminoles.com/defense-tightens-up-when-it-matters-most/

No turnover was more crucial than the one that sealed the game from Levonta Taylor with 2:23 left in the fourth quarter. Right after FSU took its first lead of the night and first of the 2018 season altogether, the Bulldogs threatened to regain the advantage as they reached the FSU 41-yard line.

That’s when the junior cornerback jumped an out route, snared a Devlin Hodges throw and promptly raced 63 yards to the house, effectively slamming the door shut on Samford.

“I was happy for Levonta, that was him being him, he’s special,” Meyer said of his fellow starting cornerback. “He’s a veteran like me, and he’s just getting everybody going.”

For a defense that had struggled in the first half, the second half was a building block.

Taylor’s snag provided the most genuine post-play elation from a unit that earlier debuted its own turnover prize – a bright red backpack.

“It was something the defense voted on, and tonight they secured that bag,” quarterback Deondre Francois said. “Levonta did a great job of closing the game, and that’s the true definition of securing the bag.”

“We’re getting our bag, it makes us want to make a play,” Meyers added. “Everybody is in that bag this year.”

Reactions: DFSNOLE
This is a quote from an article running on seminoles.com Maybe the bag was in their heads as they created five turnovers last night.... the most since 2013 for the Noles. It is not about us, but about the team.
http://seminoles.com/defense-tightens-up-when-it-matters-most//

This would be a much more persuasive argument if this weren't in it, or if it said Alabama, Clemson, Auburn, UF, insert ANY top 50 division I school.

"That’s when the junior cornerback jumped an out route, snared a Devlin Hodges throw and promptly raced 63 yards to the house, effectively slamming the door shut on Samford."

Also, being a fan of the Seminoles, I'm fully aware of what happened after 2013 that guaranteed we would absolutely suck on defense until Jimbo left. And, adding fuel to the fire Jimbo didn't take the now Tennessee special teams coach with him that spent the previous four year being paid as and pretending to be a top DC. Same goes for his top lieutenant and OL coach that was beloved by the NFL. Whatever that means.

Last edited:
This would be a much more persuasive argument if this weren't in it, or if it said Alabama, Clemson, Auburn, UF, insert ANY top 50 division I school.

"That’s when the junior cornerback jumped an out route, snared a Devlin Hodges throw and promptly raced 63 yards to the house, effectively slamming the door shut on Samford."

Also, being a fan of the Seminoles, I'm fully aware of what happened after 2013 that guaranteed we would absolutely suck on defense until Jimbo left. And, adding fuel to the fire Jimbo didn't take the now Tennessee special teams coach with him that spent the previous four year being paid as and pretending to be a top DC. Same goes for his top lieutenant and OL coach that was beloved by the NFL. Whatever that means.

I could not get the game on TV, so have no real feel for what things looked like live. I was able to listen to a good bit of it and follow the stats line.
Hey, believe me, the level of opposition was not top 50 Division 1, but still a pretty solid team that had 10 days to get ready for us. Chris Hatcher is a name we will likely hear more of in years to come and his QB is excellent. I really wonder if Samford had played the team from the east yesterday who might have won that game. The Bulldogs are likely as good a team as Kentucky at this stage of the season.
The point in my mind is that this Seminole team did not quit and they did something no other team has done more of since 2013 against any opponent, including the sisters of the poor. Five turnovers against any team is a dang good stat.
It is pretty obvious to you, me, and others that this team has a long road ahead and there will certainly be rough spots in that road. But, the reality is that they found a way to win and there will be more wins to follow.
Losing Laborn hurt and Dickerson’s ankle puts more pressure on a group that is under the gun... to put it nicely. It seems like, other than those guys, the team is in decent health and will continue to learn how to work the new systems.
The warning signs had been in front of us for years, but who really could quantify just how far the program had suffered. Obviously the administration gave the last guy basically free rein and he mailed it in at the end.

I really believe in Coach Taggart and feel like his players and staff do as well. The guy has rebuilt basically every stop along his road and he now has the chance to do it at a place that matters to him tremendously. Except for Oregon, FSU has far more resources and history as a program than his previous gigs, and I expect he will put those components to good use.

I really believe in Coach Taggart and feel like his players and staff do as well. The guy has rebuilt basically every stop along his road and he now has the chance to do it at a place that matters to him tremendously. Except for Oregon, FSU has far more resources and history as a program than his previous gigs, and I expect he will put those components to good use.

In spite of the play to date, I'm still in the Taggart /Barnett court. I actually like the defense, but think Fisher/Kelly took out an insurance policy to hurt the university. I've got a little stink eye for Hampton, but I assume he's more the recruiting guy than the special team coach.

40061062_313802186060440_8692883842677558904_n.jpg

Last edited:
Just noticed on my sports app that the Noles are a 2.5 point favorite over Syracuse. What in wide wide world of sports is a-going on here?

Reactions: BelemNole
Just noticed on my sports app that the Noles are a 2.5 point favorite over Syracuse. What in wide wide world of sports is a-going on here?
It opened at 3 and the early "smart money" immediately moved it to 2 1/2.

Hey @funksouljon the Seminole Club of the Rockies have expanded down to Colorado Springs. We're having game watching parties at Cleats East on Barnes Rd.

Just wanted to make sure you knew.

Hey @funksouljon the Seminole Club of the Rockies have expanded down to Colorado Springs. We're having game watching parties at Cleats East on Barnes Rd.

Just wanted to make sure you knew.

Thanks for the heads up, I chatted with someone 2 weeks ago about it but had NOT heard about that nor the location. I will see what this weekend holds.

Reactions: FSUSarah
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT