ADVERTISEMENT

The Return of Paganism

ron burgundy GIF

Reactions: 1batman and Bartdog
If only we could see her manifesto...
The article mentions how out of whack we are. "One by one, media outlets rushed to apologize for “misgendering” the shooter, who, they explained, had been born female but had recently begun identifying as male." So that was important? Being sorry for calling a female a female? What a #$%^&* up society we live in. Never mind this psycho went into a school and killed six people.

They are not "being sorry for calling a female a female." They are apologizing for misgendering a person; misgendering is inappropriate regardless of who the person being misidentified is or what they have done. It is important, and it needs to be acknowledged and addressed. That is not "out of whack."
There was no misgendering. How did they "misgender" her or any other made up term? She is a female and they called her a female. Case closed. I guess if you want to be offended these days you can be over anything. And yes that's out of whack.

They are not "being sorry for calling a female a female." They are apologizing for misgendering a person; misgendering is inappropriate regardless of who the person being misidentified is or what they have done. It is important, and it needs to be acknowledged and addressed. That is not "out of whack."

Do you think it's possible for them to switch genders on different days?

For example, a transgender person could be a man on Mondays and a woman on Wednesdays?

Last edited:
Reactions: fredfarkle336

For example, transgender person could be a man on Mondays and a woman on Wednesdays?
I used to consider being a woman on ladies nights to get free drinks but regrettably never went through with it. Could have been well ahead of my time... Missed opportunity.

Give us better clues. If you are trying to be a chick, wear a pink ribbon in your hair. If you are trying to be a dude, pencil in a mustache or goatee. Confusion removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sex and gender are factually distinct. Case closed. Apparently, a large segment of the population is offended by this simple fact. To me, that is out of whack.
Sorry to burst your whacked out bubble but no. A man is a male a girl is a female, X's and O's, bucks and does whatever you want to call them is fine but in the end its two sexes as you were born. Even if a girl goes and gets a addadicktomy its still a girl with a weener. Case closed.

This is simply, factually inaccurate to the point of being offensively ignorant. It’s also just unnecessarily cruel and rude.
Is it really factually inaccurate or just not what you believe? Save the response as I can figure what the answer to that is.

Yes, it is factually inaccurate according to every major psychological, psychiatric, sociological, etc. organization.

I notice that you did not dispute that your stance is unnecessarily cruel and rude. What you are espousing actively and directly hurts people.
And yet people still disagree on this basic thing.

If stating that men are males and women are females is cruel and rude then I guess we have bigger problems.

For example, a transgender person could be a man on Mondays and a woman on Wednesdays?
Like when its ladies night. Or if your a female and you start your period you just identify as a man and it should stop right? I mean if this is factual and all.

Stop Using Phony Science to Justify Transphobia

SCIENCE AND SOCIETY: BETTER TOGETHER

While this is a small overview, the science is clear and conclusive: sex is not binary, transgender people are real. It is time that we acknowledge this. Defining a person’s sex identity using decontextualized “facts” is unscientific and dehumanizing. The trans experience provides essential insights into the science of sex and scientifically demonstrates that uncommon and atypical phenomena are vital for a successful living system. Even the scientific endeavor itself is quantifiably better when it is more inclusive and diverse. So, no matter what a pundit, politician or internet troll may say, trans people are an indispensable part of our living reality.

Transgender humans represent the complexity and diversity that are fundamental features of life, evolution and nature itself. That is a fact.
Leaving Ray Donovan GIF by Showtime

• Haha
Reactions: F4Gary
Whereas pundits, politicians, and uneducated people may disagree; scientists, doctors, and people who study and work with these issues for a living, do not.

We absolutely do have bigger problems. Your stance seriously hurts people in very real ways, and you are too obstinate to care about that.
Trust me, educated people disagree too.

Think about what you are saying: you think that the harm you are causing to real people is funny. You are amused by hurting people. That is bullying, bordering on psychopathy.
Im hurting no one. I don't even think you need to agree with me. I'm fine that you don't. Do I think your hurting biological males and females with your ideas? Nope not at all. If this hurts you I suggest you toughen up a little.

Yes, you are. Your stance is hurting transgender people, not me. Transgender people are already among the most vulnerable and victimized people on the planet, and you are dehumanizing them and ostracizing them. You are laughing at them. Your stance directly leads to abuse, discrimination, and death; and you apparently find that "laughable" and "comedy." That's sick.
Have a nice day.

Reactions: seminoles16fan
Whereas pundits, politicians, and uneducated people may disagree; scientists, doctors, and people who study and work with these issues for a living, do not.

We absolutely do have bigger problems. Your stance seriously hurts people in very real ways, and you are too obstinate to care about that.

What about my question:

Can transgender people switch back and forth between genders whenever they want or are they fixed into one gender at all times?

Your question assumes a binary gender, which is not accurate. Transgender people, like cisgender people, experience their gender identities in complex and dynamic ways that evolve and vary with time, circumstance, relationship, etc.

Thanks.

Does that mean gender is fluid?

How can a born male know what it's like to feel like a woman?

We are speaking about a specific disagreement regarding the factual distinction between gender and sex. There is consensus on this factual distinction among the well educated and highly experienced people who study and work within this specific domain.
OK, bro. I am a simple man who — like 99.8% of the world — figured it out long ago. Honestly not that complicated. Worked brilliantly for thousands of years with no “disagreement.” Now this. LOL.

Reactions: noletaire
Genderfluid is a specific gender identity. Not everyone is gender fluid.

Your second question gets into the concept of qualia and requires an extensive discussion of premises and definitions before it can be addressed effectively.

Is it possible that a person could be wrong about their own gender identity?

How could that be determined?

I am a person of Faith, why am I cruel, sick, or a bully because I believe God created us in his image

If someone wants to go from Paul to Pauline, or vice versa then so be it

Because I think it’s a twisted act and basically is saying the Creator made a mistake

I 100% disagree with this, but to each their own

But they should not try to force me to accept it as normal

With all due respect brainvision your obviously a very edjucated person and believe other like minded views

Why is it wrong for me to believe what I believe, which is the word of God over science, but ok for those who believe science over God?

I do not force Christianity on others, nor do I judge others for their ways and beliefs

Jesus said “ love one another as I have loved you”, which is unconditionally

I am a person of Faith, why am I cruel, sick, or a bully because I believe God created us in his image

If someone wants to go from Paul to Pauline, or vice versa then so be it

Because I think it’s a twisted act and basically is saying the Creator made a mistake

I 100% disagree with this, but to each their own

But they should not try to force me to accept it as normal

With all due respect brainvision your obviously a very edjucated person and believe other like minded views

Why is it wrong for me to believe what I believe, which is the word of God over science, but ok for those who believe science over God?

I do not force Christianity on others, nor do I judge others for their ways and beliefs

Jesus said “ love one another as I have loved you”, which is unconditionally
This is really good stuff. I would add that no one has tried to force me or change me in any way regarding this subject. I am also in the mindset of “to each, their own”. These are human beings who suffer through these decisions and transitions. Having witnessed a distant family member go through this was incredibly difficult on them and their parents. Just devastating. For that I have empathy. .it is heartbreaking to hear these people referred to as “freaks”. The hate has to stop. We have been down this road before and it isn’t pretty

This is really good stuff. I would add that no one has tried to force me or change me in any way regarding this subject. I am also in the mindset of “to each, their own”. These are human beings who suffer through these decisions and transitions. Having witnessed a distant family member go through this was incredibly difficult on them and their parents. Just devastating. For that I have empathy. .it is heartbreaking to hear these people referred to as “freaks”. The hate has to stop. We have been down this road before and it isn’t pretty

Good post.

40% of transgender people attempt suicide. 80% consider it.

Very sad.

• Sad
Reactions: ChiefWB
The article that I originally linked was fully published without a subscription but now it requires a sign on or subscription so many of the points it made might not have been read, and the intro doesn't make any sense to the conclusions without the article.

One poster replied and I guess he since deleted the post that paganists are 0.03% of the population or something like that. Maybe that's those who officially identify as pagans.

At its root though paganism is nothing more than idolatry.

And gender morality and preaching is just an idolatry. Forced down our throats by the media and experts.

Witness Lia Thomas who won the NCAA female swimming championship. Celebrated by ESPN during woman's history month and nominated by University of Pennsylvania for woman of the Year. Over 6 ft tall some reports at 6'4 and walks around the female locker room with her junk hanging out.

And society is supposed to celebrate this as normal. And society is told to completely ignore the fact that the real women who compete in NCAA sports have years of work and dedication swept aside in the name of transjustice.

Any who disagree with this viewpoint of woman of the year are called the transphobic. Immoral. Case closed.

And the idols include far more than transgendered. Climate change. COVID response and lockdowns. Alleged racism were none exists.... Most of the isms taught ism major in college

Last edited:
Reactions: F4Gary
I believe that your beliefs cause harm, which is not at all unusual for many religious beliefs. Because they cause harm, I do not believe that you should hold those beliefs. Beneficence and nonmaleficence are core principles of mine and moral imperatives of my profession.

You say that you do not judge others in the same post that you judge transgender people as committing a "twisted act" and saying that you "100% disagree" with them. You are judging them to be abnormal. These are not consistent stances, and they are certainly not unconditional love.

Given your academic background, you probably know how the social sciences show people with his religious beliefs and how they fare vs. transgender people.

It's not even close actually: people that practice a religion are happier, live longer, have lower suicide rates, less depression and less anxiety compared to transgender people by alot.

Just saying. :)

Reactions: seminoles16fan
I believe that your beliefs cause harm, which is not at all unusual for many religious beliefs. Because they cause harm, I do not believe that you should hold those beliefs. Beneficence and nonmaleficence are core principles of mine and moral imperatives of my profession.

You say that you do not judge others in the same post that you judge transgender people as committing a "twisted act" and saying that you "100% disagree" with them. You are judging them to be abnormal. These are not consistent stances, and they are certainly not unconditional love.
I have the right to think things are twisted, or are wrong in accordance with my belief in God

I will not apologize for my faith

However, I am not out preaching against people who think it’s normal

I respect your beliefs but don’t adhere to them

I believe your beliefs are wrong, but to each their own

i don’t judge others

Having a view of what a person does or doesn’t do in accordance with Gods word does not make me judgemental

In fact I fail daily in accordance to Gods word

But I recognize my failings, repent and try to do better

I will believe what I believe, as you will believe what you believe

It’s free will!

Carry on

Reactions: BrianNole777
Why are you saying it? How is it relevant to the discussion, other than showing yet another way that the dominant culture victimizes transpeople?

Are you addressing me? If not, my mistake.

I made that post because you wrote that many religious beliefs cause harm so I wanted to show the opposite, as illustrated by the social sciences.

Also, religious people are not the dominant culture in America. They're a minority, about 20% if one counts attendance at weekly religious services.

Secular people are by far the majority in America now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT