ADVERTISEMENT

There are no long term adverse effects of mRNA vaccines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhersh

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 10, 2019
We are currently in the long term. Nothing has "come to light." In my mind this is no longer a valid excuse. The lipids (fat), sugar, salt and mRNA (those are the vaccine ingredients for anyone wondering) that make up the vaccine are all naturally occuring. mRNA, the only naturally occuring element that is made in a lab is conveniently disposed of by the body within weeks of it being introduced.

We are way past the time frame of this doing any damage. Tired of waiting on people to admit they are wrong. It's time to put your big boy pants on and get vaxxed.

Happy holidays!

Last edited:
one year is long term?

Happy holidays Dhersh, Id consider getting vaccinated if I didn’t have natural immunity
Everything is relative. In this case, yes one year is long term considering the only active ingredient was disposed of weeks after injection.

I hope you still have immunity. Have you verified this recently?

We are currently in the long term. Nothing has "come to light." In my mind this is no longer a valid excuse. The lipids (fat), sugar, salt and mRNA (those are the vaccine ingredients for anyone wondering) that make up the vaccine are all naturally occuring. mRNA, the only naturally occuring element that is made in a lab is conveniently disposed of by the body within weeks of it being introduced.

We are way past the time frame of this doing any damage. Tired of waiting on people to admit they are wrong. It's time to put your big boy pants on and get vaxxed.

Happy holidays!
So long term is now 1 year? Are we using this same logic for climate change too? So after one year since nothing has gone wrong with the shots then they are safe? Not very convincing if you ask me.

You don't. And I don't need to know anything else to know you don't. Enjoy your COVID.
Wow. You can diagnose this person through a massage board? If you market this you could be richer than the big pharma companies. And you can tell who will and wont get Covid? JHC. Let me guess, you've had your three shots and now your safe enough to tell everyone else that you think hasn't they will contract covid. Good Luck with that thought process.

You don't. And I don't need to know anything else to know you don't. Enjoy your COVID.
Was it Dhersh that provided the 2008 study demonstrating 80 years of immunity in the blood of folks from the 1918 flu variant? (I lost the citation/link so I would like to have it again from whoever posted it). Natural immunity will exist for a long time. Doesn't mean it prevents infection, just means the body will recognize it and ramp up the immunity response.

Was it Dhersh that provided the 2008 study demonstrating 80 years of immunity in the blood of folks from the 1918 flu variant? (I lost the citation/link so I would like to have it again from whoever posted it). Natural immunity will exist for a long time. Doesn't mean it prevents infection, just means the body will recognize it and ramp up the immunity response.
or more recently the infected people that are shown to still be producing robust immunity to SARS-Cov-1 19 years later.

The absence of genuine reporting on the durability of natural immunity makes no sense. The narrative is simply push the vaccines as a means of Covid control. It doesn't seem like true science/research is being applied. The predetermined solution was decided to be the vaccines, and all other discussions have been shouted down or ridiculed by the people with the loudest voices.

Everyone, can we try to keep things on topic pls

So long term is now 1 year? Are we using this same logic for climate change too? So after one year since nothing has gone wrong with the shots then they are safe? Not very convincing if you ask me.
As I said yesterday, everything is relative. 1 year ain't short term, so what is it? For those vaccinated 1 year ago, the vaccine left their body around that time as well. It passed everything off to the immune system. We need to start calling this the way it is.

Last edited:
Everyone, can we try to keep things on topic pls

As I said yesterday, everything is relative. 1 year ain't short term, so what is it? For those vaccinated 1 year ago, the vaccine left their body around that time as well. It passed everything off to the immune system. We need to start calling this the way it is.
It’s been 18 months since about 40k people have been enrolled in the studies. So 50% longer than 1 year.

It’s been 18 months since about 40k people have been enrolled in the studies. So 50% longer than 1 year.
and every single one of them unblinded in the control group so we have zero knowledge of how they would have fared.

I've linked so many studies I can't even keep them straight in my own head 😂

I would not use that as evidence that immunity caused by natural infection of COVID will last, however. I think it's been discussed plenty of times before that we can expect immunity from most human-infecting coronaviruses to last a much shorter period of time.

Happy holidays!
Like your basketball analysis, not your advice on getting vaxed! I follow other sources that I feel are more in line with what is important! Plus already had Covid.....maybe twice from 2019.... Go Noles!

I've linked so many studies I can't even keep them straight in my own head 😂

I would not use that as evidence that immunity caused by natural infection of COVID will last, however. I think it's been discussed plenty of times before that we can expect immunity from most human-infecting coronaviruses to last a much shorter period of time.
You seem to have actual knowledge of these things so I have a question.

Omnicron went from being 2% of the cases in the US a week ago to 72% this week according to what's on line. It also says there is a sequencing test to determine the variant. Does that test take added time to perform? I recall early in the variant reading that it took extra time to determine new variants versus Delta. If so how do they determine so quickly all these new cases are the new variant?

Reactions: obaum69
Like your basketball analysis, not your advice on getting vaxed! I follow other sources that I feel are more in line with what is important! Plus already had Covid.....maybe twice from 2019.... Go Noles!
Im not asking anyone to agree with me. But its also not an opinion that the vaccine no longer plays a role in the body a year after injection.

We cannot allow people to continue to ignore facts and not call them ignorant. The grace period has expired.

Last edited:
and every single one of them unblinded in the control group so we have zero knowledge of how they would have fared.
How well they would have done in what way? At this point that’s a lot of people who haven’t started showing any long term side effects.

How well they would have done in what way? At this point that’s a lot of people who haven’t started showing any long term side effects.
in any way, particularly infection and survival rates. we will never know.

in the meantime 80% of uk covid deaths are vaccinated and that has been the case for months.

You seem to have actual knowledge of these things so I have a question.

Omnicron went from being 2% of the cases in the US a week ago to 72% this week according to what's on line. It also says there is a sequencing test to determine the variant. Does that test take added time to perform? I recall early in the variant reading that it took extra time to determine new variants versus Delta. If so how do they determine so quickly all these new cases are the new variant?
These questions don't seem easy for me to answer. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with the process of genome sequencing to be able to confidently answer without giving bad or partially correct information.

Sequencing does need to occur in order to determine the variant, or discover new mutations. There is no other way. But there are so many positive tests that come in that there is no way that we can possibly sequence them all. In fact, a very small percentage of positive tests have been sequenced this far in the US.

As for why there was such a large jump in percentages from one week to another, that's anyone's guess. Mine is that they were selective with which tests they sequenced. They probably keyed in on certain "likely" spots where they were able to find large groups the new variant in order to confirm it's presence in the US and that community spread is occuring at a quick enough rate.

So if they can't sequence all those positives, how do they know that 72% of all cases are the new variant? Those are not confirmed cases. It's the number of likely cases based on the rate Omicron discovered during sequencing. It's an educated guess because that is the best that they can do.

These questions don't seem easy for me to answer. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with the process of genome sequencing to be able to confidently answer without giving bad or partially correct information.

Sequencing does need to occur in order to determine the variant, or discover new mutations. There is no other way. But there are so many positive tests that come in that there is no way that we can possibly sequence them all. In fact, a very small percentage of positive tests have been sequenced this far in the US.

As for why there was such a large jump in percentages from one week to another, that's anyone's guess. Mine is that they were selective with which tests they sequenced. They probably keyed in on certain "likely" spots where they were able to find large groups the new variant in order to confirm it's presence in the US and that community spread is occuring at a quick enough rate.

So if they can't sequence all those positives, how do they know that 72% of all cases are the new variant? Those are not confirmed cases. It's the number of likely cases based on the rate Omicron discovered during sequencing. It's an educated guess because that is the best that they can do.
I assumed it was a statistical sample type thing but was wondering if you had better info. Thanks

@nynole1 seems this made you feel some type of way so discuss don't hide behind reactions

@nynole1 seems this made you feel some type of way so discuss don't hide behind reactions
I was laughing at your "Time to put in your big boy pants" comment.

BTW, does the booster shot now prevent people from transmitting the virus?

Reactions: Dhersh
I was laughing at your "Time to put in your big boy pants" comment.

BTW, does the booster shot now prevent people from transmitting the virus?
Oh yeah I forgot I added that my bad lol that was kind of humorous

It likely has a similar effect as after the 2nd dose where there is an initial efficacy against transmission that fades after a couple months, but I haven't seen definitive studies. It could be more than a couple months as well since the booster elevates protection past the level of the 2nd dose in general.

Oh yeah I forgot I added that my bad lol that was kind of humorous

It likely has a similar effect as after the 2nd dose where there is an initial efficacy against transmission that fades after a couple months, but I haven't seen definitive studies. It could be more than a couple months as well since the booster elevates protection past the level of the 2nd dose in general.
A friend of mine had a dinner party at his house last week. 16 vaccinated/boostee people, 5 days later all 16 tested positive. It's crazy.

in any way, particularly infection and survival rates. we will never know.

in the meantime 80% of uk covid deaths are vaccinated and that has been the case for months.
Yes and the UK is having 10% the daily deaths they were having last winter. Meanwhile we’re close to 40%.

A friend of mine had a dinner party at his house last week. 16 vaccinated/boostee people, 5 days later all 16 tested positive. It's crazy.
Sister-in-law’s brood supposed to come over here tomorrow for Christmas. Always high-drama, and they ignore the lights being flicked on/off. About to send her a text saying “still welcome to come, of course, but I am running a little fever and have a touch of a sore throat.” Not true — I feel fine — but could save me.

So maybe this thing is not entirely awful. 😄

Sister-in-law’s brood supposed to come over here tomorrow for Christmas. Always high-drama, and they ignore the lights being flicked on/off. About to send her a text saying “still welcome to come, of course, but I am running a little fever and have a touch of a sore throat.” Not true — I feel fine — but could save me.

So maybe this thing is not entirely awful. 😄
My PIA sister called me last night, her son's daycare teacher tested positive...three less people to share this monster rib roast I'm making with 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT