ADVERTISEMENT

Verizon wireless customers

nynole1

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2006
If you are a customer, give them a call ASAP. They rolled out new plans last week and I was able to lower my bill by $42/month. Two other guys in my office did the same and saved $25 and $100. No guarantees but worth a few minutes of your time to try.

So let's talk about this new no contact thing that they have now. Sounds like you got a good deal and it's working for you. They are no longer subsidizing the phones right?

I have my reservations as they will always find a way to screw the customer.

I'm going to go in and see them today, I don't understand this new thing they're trying to do. I will not however stay with them if they don't reduce my bill by a good amount now that I don't get a new phone free every two years.

I have Directv so I am very tempted to switch to AT&T because they have an awesome deal going.

I have Direct TV also, please let me know how you do with that.

As for the plans, no they dont subsidize the phones anymore and there are also no more contracts. If you own your current phone outright, you should do well with the new offerings.

So what would temp me to not switch to virgin or the walmart plans that are ridiculously cheap?

So what would temp me to not switch to virgin or the walmart plans that are ridiculously cheap?
Legitimate question, guess I haven't gotten that far yet. As long as the network is Verizon, I don't care who the supplier is.

Here in the surrounding area of Valdosta Georgia where I work and live away from town, Verizon is the only carrier over the couple decades that i have found that has great signal coverage. That is the main reason I stay with Verizon. I will however check and see if I can get a better deal.

I suspect people will be a lot less inclined to make payments on a new phone even though they were doing just that in the old 2 year contracts. This should be boom for the cheap model phones and I like the idea of cheaper monthly fees and bypass not having the latest greatest model. I just wonder if you can get 4-6 years out of these 600.00+ disposable phones. Maybe in the future we will see a larger decrease in price and an increase in reliability.

I suspect people will be a lot less inclined to make payments on a new phone even though they were doing just that in the old 2 year contracts. This should be boom for the cheap model phones and I like the idea of cheaper monthly fees and bypass not having the latest greatest model. I just wonder if you can get 4-6 years out of these 600.00+ disposable phones. Maybe in the future we will see a larger decrease in price and an increase in reliability.
Nailed it

I'm with Verizon and with the Edge program I really don't save that much. $20 a month maybe. And I've had my S3 for three years and am sure I can get a few more out of it...

I still have my S3 as well that I own so thats allowing me to save on the plan by not having to buy a new phone.

It is really hard to get 3 years+ out of these phones these days. They just don't hold up and that is truly crazy that they cost $600+. I get years out of a $600 laptop or TV or dishwasher.

Thanks... Just saved 30 a month...

Funny thing is they took away the loyalty bonus they had given me for 500MB free per month for a year.. I guess changing my plan makes me disloyal??

Good for you BBN! Who gives a damn what they call it or how they get there, as long as you are saving money.

I went in to check on a new phone. Mine is out of contract. We worked out the numbers and I could get a new phone either with a 2-year or with the no-contract, and the price was virtually the same. I think it was $3 less for the no-contract. The gal said that since I was outside of contract, she could lower my current bill by $15. So there is no real benefit for me to get a new phone. I can save $15 a month by sticking with the old razr maxx.

I switched to Straight talk from Verizon almost 2 years ago and I am glad I did. 45 per month unlimited with 5 gb of data. Can't beat it. They offer att Verizon and sprint access so aside from getting a discounted phone or needing more than 5gb of data a month from the big guys I can't see any other reason for going with the big ones.

Great tip, it only saved me 10$ per month, but I'm at least a gig over my limit this month (11), and I switched to the XL (12) plan, so I'll save another 15 this month.

Glad some of you guys are doing well with this.

I should have been more specific in my original post: I was able to save on my plan (my wife and I use data, my two parents on the plan dont). $25 savings for my co-worker were on a single line plan. $100 savings were on a 4 person plan all using data.

I went in there today. While the new plans will save me a little money, not getting the new every two years sucks. Also, their newer plans are a little misleading, you have to pay another $20 on top of the plan to have a smart phone, who the hell doesn't have a smart phone these days?

I'm still looking at doing a virgin type plan or something like that, i'd save even more, I wouldn't have LTE but i could care less, i'm not a gamer or a youtuber if you know what i mean.

I'm stuck. I have 4 phones on my plan. My oldest son still has unlimited data. They won't let me change without losing it. He can't assume his plan on his own or he loses it. He loves video. Goes through 50g + a month. I don't know if he ever turns his WiFi on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT