ADVERTISEMENT

Welp....

amckinnon317

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
First, Domino just fell. Big Ten is out. Expect a formal announcement within 24 hours.

Not a fan of this.

How soon can the first and second-team All-Big Ten O-linemen get to Tallahassee??!

Not sure what the fallout of this will be. Rather is a trickle-down effect or if amendments are made to roster sizes. Have to figure some guys will just opt out and train for the draft too.

Reactions: JB1987
Friend of a friend, said cfb would be done in 72 hours, he told me this yesterday. That was before all the Big10 stuff hit the media. Who knows if it is true, but it will definitely suck.

I was basically just told a variation of the same thing. Cable networks are trying their best, but Big Ten is putting their foot down.

Reactions: Wizzle_23
I mean, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, are home to 7 of the 12 schools and have one thing in common other than athletic affiliation. Disappointing but unsurprising.

The other states and conferences are under no obligation whatsoever to follow their lead. I hope they don’t.

The acc does not need the big 10 to play. Play the games you can, if you don't get a championship game oh well. What is the point of cancelling with a month To go? If the acc And sec feels they can roll and the players are on board... let's go. Smart money says that it was gonna be Clemson vs Bama again so let's cut the riff raff and run the 2 leagues

So we’re potentially canceling again after the third practice? I’m starting to think third practices are jinxed for Norvell. Unbelievable.

Reactions: ScienceNole
Big ten 10 is purple state central. If they call it, it’s over. Only caveat is if there is any merit to the powerhouses joining the big 12 for the season. It’s the only region of the country that cares about college football like the south does.

Reactions: sunset30a
I mean, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, are home to 7 of the 12 schools and have one thing in common other than athletic affiliation. Disappointing but unsurprising.

The other states and conferences are under no obligation whatsoever to follow their lead. I hope they don’t.

But Ohio State is in the drivers seat of delaying it so please don’t make this political and get the thread nuked. Thanks

Pac 12 isn't going to play either.

So what ... you think that we'll have a college football season with just the SEC, B12 and ACC?

Not gonna happen.

Reactions: amckinnon317
@jamnolfin let thrasher know, if he and/or Coburn doesn't STRONGLY and publicly advocate for playing college football, I will strongly consider pulling my booster support.

Time for fsu to step up and be a damn leader, if all this is true.

@jamnolfin let thrasher know, if he and/or Coburn doesn't STRONGLY and publicly advocate for playing college football, I will strongly consider pulling my booster support.

Time for fsu to step up and be a damn leader, if all this is true.

It would be above them. Jamie has enough on his plate. He doesn’t need that.

But Ohio State is in the drivers seat of delaying it so please don’t make this political and get the thread nuked. Thanks
But it is very political. It just is. College football cancelled because of potentially, not actually occurring, but potentially occurring outbreaks IF played. This helps make Covid look worse. Someone is to blame for ii being so bad. Who is in charge while it’s looking so bad? Very simple. It helps emphasize a political problem to be exploited. It’s just too tempting not to use politically. That’s just reality.

They will probably say they’re will be spring season to get everyone on board to vote their way and then cancel that later too.

So, would the big ten bypass basketball too?

They are actually hearing that there are going to be regional bubbles, much like the NBA for college basketball since there will be online classes anyway. Look for their seasons to start the conference only January 1st.

It would be above them. Jamie has enough on his plate. He doesn’t need that.

Don't presidents vote for what the conference ultimately does?

Here's a chance, assuming thrasher believes that the season should be played, to put fsu in an alpha position, not act like a damn beta, like we have so seemingly often.

But it is very political. It just is. College football canceled because of potentially, not actually occurring, but potentially occurring outbreaks IF played. This helps make COVID look worse. Someone is to blame for ii being so bad. Who is in charge while it’s looking so bad? Very simple. It helps emphasize a political problem to be exploited. It’s just too tempting not to use politically. That’s just reality.

They will probably say they’re will be spring season to get everyone on board to vote their way and then cancel that later too.

But it's not looking so bad. It is bad. I’m just shocked they let it get to the 11th hour and put so much effort into trying to make it happen.

At the end of the day, it comes down to liability. I can’t stress that enough. No school wants the first death on their hands. Simple as that.

Reactions: BrowardNole
They are actually hearing that there are going to be regional bubbles, much like the NBA for college basketball since there will be online classes anyway. Look for their seasons to start the conference only January 1st.

Isn't "conference play only" a version of regional like bubbles though?

(not busting your balls, you know this, right?)

Don't presidents vote for what the conference ultimately does?

Here's a chance, assuming thrasher believes that the season should be played, to put fsu in an alpha position, not act like a damn beta, as we have so seemingly often.

Swofford has the final say. Also, my point was we are in unprecedented times. To make a threat over something above, their control isn't helping anything and especially telling Mr. Warren he better or else. This thing is bigger than us—all of it.

Isn't "conference play only" a version of regional like bubbles though?

(not busting your balls, you know this, right?)

True Bubbles like the NBA. As in offsite players aren’t allowed to leave with regular testing and quarantine when they first get there.

Reactions: mjpwooo
Swofford has the final say. Also, my point was we are in unprecedented times. To make a threat over something above, their control isn't helping anything and especially telling Mr. Warren he better or else. This thing is bigger than us—all of it.

Roger that.

And I wasn't saying that thrasher threaten. And my 'threat'... I'm such a small peon, my financial support is meaningless.

But it's not looking so bad. It is bad. I’m just shocked they let it get to the 11th hour and put so much effort into trying to make it happen.

At the end of the day, it comes down to liability. I can’t stress that enough. No school wants the first death on their hands. Simple as that.
They wait until the 11th hour so they can put maximum pressure on by effectively preventing the schools from having time to think it over. That’s always the point of 11th hour deals.

Roger that.

And I wasn't saying that thrasher threaten. And my 'threat'... I'm such a small peon, my financial support is meaningless.

Heck to add to my post... All I want is to hear thrasher and/or Coburn vocalize that they think the season should happen, assuming they believe that. That is all I really want to hear. Shit they can lie about it, but just say it. Bring some rational thought to the table.

They wait until the 11th hour so they can put maximum pressure on by effectively preventing the schools from having time to think it over. That’s always the point of 11th hour deals.

Yeah I get that but it was the northwestern situation that created this more than anything else.

Heck to add to my post... All I want is to hear thrasher and/or Coburn vocalize that they think the season should happen, assuming they believe that. That is all I really want to hear. Shit, they can lie about it, but just say it. Bring some rational thought to the table.

You aren’t wrong there. Our administration has been dropping the ball on that since Jameis was getting dragged via the media. I still can’t believe he got suspended for swearing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT