ADVERTISEMENT

Westworld

Still think poor casting of William becoming the MIB. They should have at least removed his mole before filming.

Excellent episode.

Would love to see more Samurai World, or whatever the S meant. So how many more worlds are there? Has to be another planet or something like The Truman Show to control everything.

So many questions as to where to really finish this story. What happened to Stubbs? Is Elise still alive? Bernard said there were a handful of alive Hosts. Were there really a handful or were they just programed?

Who is Maeve's daughter?

What happened to Abernathy?

Last edited:
Reactions: BelemNole
What happened to the head of security? It seems like we saw every security person but him.

Did MIB/Williams kill Maeve's daughter? I truly can't remember that part, I've been trying to figure out if there's any way Hale is Real Life/Dead Maeve's daughter and that's why she was located where Felix wrote down on the paper.

Half-wondering if Season 2 isn't Stubbs and Elsie growing more compassionate toward the hosts and leading the revolt to become leaders of the AI World.

That finale delivered in so many ways I can't count them all.

As good as any finale for any show that I can remember. It was almost as if it was written to be a series finale (especially w/the appearance of Ford dying) in the event it didn't get picked up for Season 2.

Yeah, this season finale delivered, whereas THE NIGHT OF faltered. The two shows seemed to be complete mirror opposites: One built up early and then lost direction towards the end. The other started out on a very slow, deliberate pace and on a direct path to the finale. Thoroughly enjoyed this season. And whereas The Night Of and True Detective Season 2 failed to deliver on all the Easter eggs and fan theories, Westworld actually did deliver.

I don't care which world they explore next, as long as it turns out that Armistice survived and has a more prominant role in the second season.
Did you see the post-credits scene?

I'm still trying to work out why Ford wasn't surprised to see Bernard after he killed himself and was rebooted by Maeve and the cat techs. I guess that was all in her programming that he inserted into her?

I'm still trying to work out why Ford wasn't surprised to see Bernard after he killed himself and was rebooted by Maeve and the cat techs. I guess that was all in her programming that he inserted into her?

That was all apart of the narrative even Bernard threatening to kill Ford. All part of the suffering

Yeah, I think it's safe to assume that all of the ARNOLD_ xyz coding we saw throughout the show, all of the "someone with greater skills and higher access than me" and the Elsie and Bernard scene when she says someone named Arnold is hacking into this unused line as well.......all Ford (it's him using the existing Arnold code - coding Arnold put in there from the beginning - the reveries).

In the current timeline, I think the only time Ford was legitimately surprised was when his younger host version (original host with the bicameral mind) killed the dog. Maybe when Abernathy found the picture of Logan's sister and broke down/went mad (similar to what we saw in the flashback church scene).

Ford turned out as I'd hoped. His character and his choices are what kept this from being Jurassic Park with robots. I loved the explanation of the maze. I thought the Bernard/Arnold thing was well done. I even liked that William knew he was amoral, and just wanted there to be real stakes.

The post credit scene gave me hope that there's at least a chance she makes it.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
My question is are the guards hosts as well? They sure as hell either had the aim of a storm trooper (not likely) or they were intentionally not shooting them.

Reactions: RTM58 and dmm5157
My question is are the guards hosts as well? They sure as hell either had the aim of a storm trooper (not likely) or they were intentionally not shooting them.

Would seem to make sense that they would use hosts instead of real people. Don't have to pay them, follow directions, easy peasy. That could also be why they were missing: could have had programming changed by Ford/Maeve during that time.

I think the security are humans. The point they are trying to make is that the hosts would make much deadlier killers as they are as precise as machines and no longer fear death. They don't get the adrenaline dump and all the other things that make humans bad shots at stressful times.

westworld-bicameral-mind-mainland.jpg

Reactions: peezy28 and dmm5157
I think the security are humans. The point they are trying to make is that the hosts would make much deadlier killers as they are as precise as machines and no longer fear death. They don't get the adrenaline dump and all the other things that make humans bad shots at stressful times.

Depends on how they're programmed. Just look at Bernard. Couldn't tell the difference between human and android with him. The hosts themselves were programmed with fear, so I'm not sure that's the case.

That being said, they seem to be human. Why they are human is a better question. As you point out, seems like they could have had a more reliable entity with host rather than human. And they wouldn't have to pay them.

Mainland infiltration then escape??

Assumption is that Escape is a function that is part of the Mainland Infiltration narrative (code) and also a function of the Recruit narrative above it (can look in the left-side panel and see the Escape function there too). Maeve was following that code according to the conversation she and robot Bernard were having until she broke off script when she stepped back off of the train.

Last edited:
Depends on how they're programmed. Just look at Bernard. Couldn't tell the difference between human and android with him. The hosts themselves were programmed with fear, so I'm not sure that's the case.

That being said, they seem to be human. Why they are human is a better question. As you point out, seems like they could have had a more reliable entity with host rather than human. And they wouldn't have to pay them.
Well, I don't think the place is hurting for money - I doubt a few salaries would make any difference .
There are certain jobs I'd think you'd want humans to do (like the repair/medical teams) and I would think security would be high on the list.

Assumption is that Escape is a function that is part of the Mainland Infiltration narrative (code) and also a function of the Recruit narrative above it (can look in the left-side panel and see the Escape function there too). Maeve was following that code according to the conversation she and robot Bernard were having until she broke off script when she stepped back off of the train.
But did she go off script? She broke the monitor before Bernard could tell us what happened next.

But did she go off script? She broke the monitor before Bernard could tell us what happened next.

I think so at that point. I think that is why that detail is there. But I've been wrong a few times in this show. More than anything I really enjoy the detail the show put into that prop.

I think so at that point. I think that is why that detail is there. But I've been wrong a few times in this show. More than anything I really enjoy the detail the show put into that prop.
I am not so sure. None of us (that I aware of) knew that Maeve's awakening and plot to escape was just added programming.

Show had amazing production value. While disappointed I am happy they are taking their time for 2nd season. I also hope they map out 5 years of the show so it should have a definite ending and arc to complete the show.

I don't think it was mentioned during the thread, but has anyone seen the movie Vice? 2015 Bruce Willis movie. It wasn't very good, I fell asleep watching, but it is pretty much the exact same theme as the show. Just thought it was interesting I'd never heard of it (even with Willis).

Just a reminder new HBO series starts tonight at 9.

I got on this really late. I've watched 8 episodes and have 2 left in the current season. I'm just dropping in to make sure I get in this thread before I forget about it.

Finished it last week, solid finale.

Curious if the next season(s) stays in Westworld or they follow Maeve to the outside or other "worlds".

I'm intrigued by Samurai World. The movie only had West/Medieval/Roman Worlds, so this would def be a fun twist.

Can totally see this show going for the long run with all the time periods that they could wander in to.

Reactions: peezy28
I was under the impression that Maeve was headed back in. She's still running on a script.
Yes, going back for her "daughter". Just figured if they followed anyone outside the world it would be her. Basically I'm curious where the trains go. Do they go to other worlds or just someplace like Grand Central?

Yes, going back for her "daughter". Just figured if they followed anyone outside the world it would be her. Basically I'm curious where the trains go. Do they go to other worlds or just someplace like Grand Central?

If it follows the originals it would be other theme park areas all located on a large asteroid.

Didn't realize the originals were on an asteroid.

Yep. And after your post I looked to see if there was any evidence that was true of the current series and here's an image capture of a split second scene from the series.

JYPAVEg.jpg

Reactions: peezy28
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT