ADVERTISEMENT

Westworld

Just for full disclosure, I am a huge fan of the orginial movie so.

So why do the designers and people who run the park know about him? They are supposed to know the location of every Host.

Also other than the main premise (robotic sex and violence slaves becoming self aware in a theme park) I don't think it's going to have much in common with Westworld, Futureworld and Beyond Westworld. I don't even know if they're going to have the other "theme parks" as well or if it's just going to be an isolated Westworld.

Come to think of it... The Droid would not even be able to shoot at a human theoretically. So he shot at the man in the black.

I think that is one of the main points. Not him specifically at this point, but that humans can be the villains.
That's not really a spoiler. The characters stated in the first episode that Westworld is hell and the visitors are devils.

So the production designer said the following:

"For the first season, we only explore the Westworld. There's talk about in the future seasons, if there's more, that there will be a different world. But we're not sure what it will be yet."

Come to think of it... The Droid would not even be able to shoot at a human theoretically. So he shot at the man in the black.
not a fully functioning Host, but one that has evolved can. Remember at the end, where Hosts cannot hurt a fly, but Delores killed that fly on her neck??

That's what was odd. While nothing happened, he still shot him.

not a fully functioning Host, but one that has evolved can. Remember at the end, where Hosts cannot hurt a fly, but Delores killed that fly on her neck??

Right, but you think Delores could pull the trigger on a living being?

Just read that HBO surprising dropped the next episode early (today) so it would not coincide with the second presidential debate.

Watch it you fools!

Reactions: HulaNole
Just read that HBO surprising dropped the next episode early (today) so it would not coincide with the second presidential debate.

Watch it you fools!

Thanks for the info. I think this show would be more believable and entertaining than the @#$%^& town hall debate anyway.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Thanks for the info. I think this show would be more believable and entertaining than the @#$%^& town hall debate anyway.
Was going to mention the same thing but feared the thread would become too political.

Can't wait to watch later!

Just because a major party accidentally dropped its "analysis of the debate" before the debate started and its been proven most (read as all) of the people getting in to ask questions are plants you don't think that it would be a believable and honest discourse?

You pessimist.

Reactions: SoddyNole
Just because a major party accidentally dropped its "analysis of the debate" before the debate started and its been proven most (read as all) of the people getting in to ask questions are plants you don't think that it would be a believable and honest discourse?

You pessimist.

I feel optimistic that WW will be great.

I suddenly find myself extremely disappointed. I watched the first two episodes the other day and thought the third would be on tonight. *sigh*

The world of binge watching has warped your sense of reality.
34058885.jpg

But alas, it is true. On the bright side I rewatched episodes one and two and feel like I have a better grasp of what is going on now.

I guess we know for sure that MIB is human, correct?

People back at HQ referred to him as a guest when he went on his rampage and they were deciding whether to "slow him down" or not.

Reactions: HulaNole
Free HBO this weekend, got to see the first and record the second. hohoho, I may be hooked, I really liked it. Was trying to reduce bills....

I dig the show so far. I'm definitely sticking with it.

This is a good example of why The Wire was shyte. Took multiple SEASONS (allegedly) before it got going. This show has you hooked after 1-2 episodes. That's how tv should work.

People back at HQ referred to him as a guest when he went on his rampage and they were deciding whether to "slow him down" or not.

Could be a twist but I think it has been established that he is human and has been visiting the park for 30 years. As you mentioned, they clarified it even more this week when the park monitors called the MiB a VIP and has the conversation you mention.

Last edited:
Reactions: nynole1
The previews for the rest of the season lead to some potentially VERY interesting twists. I like the dissension between Ford and the writer guy that's trying to stir things up. Real interested in seeing what the new narrative is that was foreshadowed by Ford at the end.

Kind of odd that they said Maeve had MRSA... they didn't allude to it being a fake infection that an android would have, but they didn't act like a real life case of it either. I figured she would have freaked a lot more when she stumbled outside of the labs.

I wonder if these reandom events/glitches are as random as they appear with the new update. The subjects are now exhibiting emotions and the father with the picture was having a nervous break down. The writer mentioned that Ford was making them too human and he needed to scale it back. He sees the danger in doing so and one would have to think Ford would know the dangers as well. Seeing Ford spending time in the basement with one of the earlier models tells me there is more of an attachment to his creations than just your typical appreciation of a job well done. Is Ford seeing his subjects as more than play toys and at the point of wanting it to stop? Could Ford be rebelling against his company and humanity itself by giving the units the ability to recall past actions and emotions into their programming knowing self preservation would soon follow? Maybe the MiB was a past customer that was copied and is now a unit himself with the safety switch off outside the knowledge of the staff who would not approve of such actions. What is the MiB searching for and to what end? Could MiB be in search of the safety switch.

I wonder if these reandom events/glitches are as random as they appear with the new update. The subjects are now exhibiting emotions and the father with the picture was having a nervous break down. The writer mentioned that Ford was making them too human and he needed to scale it back. He sees the danger in doing so and one would have to think Ford would know the dangers as well. Seeing Ford spending time in the basement with one of the earlier models tells me there is more of an attachment to his creations than just your typical appreciation of a job well done. Is Ford seeing his subjects as more than play toys and at the point of wanting it to stop? Could Ford be rebelling against his company and humanity itself by giving the units the ability to recall past actions and emotions into their programming knowing self preservation would soon follow? Maybe the MiB was a past customer that was copied and is now a unit himself with the safety switch off outside the knowledge of the staff who would not approve of such actions. What is the MiB searching for and to what end? Could MiB be in search of the safety switch.

I don't think the above is too far off about Ford, especially with the conversation in the first episode between lady and British writer guy. I think Ford knows his time/usefullness is coming to an end and he's just jacking with people now.

Thinking MiB is at that point that he's spent a fortune getting his rocks of and he's decided he wants to see how this thing works. 30 years is a long time to have a virtual reality life, there's got to be some level of boredom associated.

The previews for the rest of the season lead to some potentially VERY interesting twists. I like the dissension between Ford and the writer guy that's trying to stir things up. Real interested in seeing what the new narrative is that was foreshadowed by Ford at the end.

Kind of odd that they said Maeve had MRSA... they didn't allude to it being a fake infection that an android would have, but they didn't act like a real life case of it either. I figured she would have freaked a lot more when she stumbled outside of the labs.
Maybe MRSA isn't a big deal in the future.

What is Bernard up to with his whispering to Dolores and the picture of the child he was looking at and slipped back into his pocket when someone walked in the room?

Very interesting second episode. It goes by so fast.

The MIB seem to be human, which is a departure from the movie. He is ruthless. I still don't know what he is looking for exactly. He has been coming for 30 years so maybe he is just lost his sense of reality.

The new newcomers are interesting. I cannot remember where I seen the nerdy guy from. He will probably be a major player soon. The fact that he and Deloris interacted in much the same way that Teddy did is also interesting.

Who is telling Deloris to go outside and eventually find the gun??

Not sure. Is it her "HEARING" vocalization of some code that has surfaced/been inserted? Is it her actually hearing someone live piped into her head? Code conflicts like a person just hearing voices? But it sure seems like Bernard Lowe is screwing with her as well, don't think its nefarious in nature tho.

Very interesting second episode. It goes by so fast.

The MIB seem to be human, which is a departure from the movie. He is ruthless. I still don't know what he is looking for exactly. He has been coming for 30 years so maybe he is just lost his sense of reality.

The new newcomers are interesting. I cannot remember where I seen the nerdy guy from. He will probably be a major player soon. The fact that he and Deloris interacted in much the same way that Teddy did is also interesting.

If you watch House of Cards, the nerdy guy was the hacker who the FBI pressed for information in season 2.

BTW, I thought it was great when they were panning through the scene in the bar and the music was Black Hole Sun. And Paint it Black later on.

I guess this is a watch and see but I am curious if the host are able to be killed by guns if they become self aware or will they have to be completely destroyed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT