ADVERTISEMENT

What's your favorite TV show?

Battlebots, Alone and am currently watching a series on canals and long boats in England. For all time shows I do enjoy Andy Griffith, The Waltons and Little House.

I do not think that I can pick an all-time favorite, though The West Wing, The X-Files, American Horror Story, Game of Thrones, and Star Trek: TNG would probably be among the nominees.

For my current top 5, I am really enjoying The Morning Show, Only Murders in the Building, ST: Strange New Worlds, The Mandalorian, and For All Mankind.
I haven't watched a single episode of any of those except Star Trek (original). I'm considering For All Mankind but not sure how realistic it is.

I do not think that I can pick an all-time favorite, though The West Wing, The X-Files, American Horror Story, Game of Thrones, and Star Trek: TNG would probably be among the nominees.

For my current top 5, I am really enjoying The Morning Show, Only Murders in the Building, ST: Strange New Worlds, The Mandalorian, and For All Mankind.
Haven't seen any of your current list, but that's an all-star list in the first paragraph.

My faves have been all the Trek series, and I admittedly was addicted to Dallas back in the day. Presently, the best I've been watching are the HBO series of Westworld, Dark Winds, Chapelwaite, and Jack Ryan. In the past, Carnivale, Deadwood, and John Doe.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
A good desert island playlist could be created from exclusively HBO original programming.

The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Carnivale, Big Love, Deadwood, True Blood, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, The Newsroom, Westworld, Big Little Lies, The Deuce, Succession, Lovecraft Country, Veep, Ballers, Avenue 5, Elizabeth I, John Adams, Mildred Pierce, The Young Pope, Chernobyl, Catherine the Great, The Undoing, I May Destroy You, Mare of Easttown, Irma Vep, Room 104, My Brilliant Friend, Industry, True Detective, The White Lotus, Euphoria, House of the Dragon, The Last of Us, and The Gilded Age: I have loved them all.

Carnivale gets a quick trivia aside, as Ronald D Moore of Star Trek/BSG/Outlander fame also produced it and Clea DuVall has been flying under the radar making fantastic shows and movies for 30 years.
I did see John Adams, Chernobyl and Elizabeth the first from those. All were very good. Along that line but not HBO Turn was an excellent series along the John Adams line but more action. Crowded Room on Apple Tv is good as well but tough to follow if your not fully engaged.

We enjoyed The Old Man and The Terminal List last year and hope they come back.
Got caught up with Yellowstone and now it is ending.

Turn was pretty good although it got a little tough trying keep track of the characters as the series went on.

His ranch, the Four Sixes, now has a couple of beers out. I like their amber lager.

6666_Grit_Glory_BigKettle_Amber_4.25.png

Late to the party but....nobody mentioned Entourage? Loved it!

I am binging Deadline to Diaster on TWC and Air Disasters on Smithsonian channel. I find both pretty interesting. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: BrianNole777
An excellent show I haven’t seen mentioned yet is The Knick on HBOMax. It’s set in a hospital in NYC in the early 1900s as medicine is slowly but painfully becoming modern and the main character is fantastic.

Reactions: BrianNole777
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT