ADVERTISEMENT

When did fishing scarves become a thing?

Don't know many serious offshore anglers that don't use them.

UV Buff® Headwear is the hottest thing going when it comes to sun protection for anglers! Stretchy, seamless CoolMax® Extreme poly fabric features an impressively versatile design that allows you to wear it several different ways including face mask, sahariane, balaclava, full balaclava, neckerchief, headband, and more. Not only does Buff Headwear provide protection from UV rays, it also wicks away moisture, dries quickly, and breathes well. Wear one as you fish-you'll be amazed by how effectively it reduces skin temperature and helps maintain hydration to keep you fresh and ready to keep fishing. Machine wash; air dry; no iron. One size fits most. Imported.

• Moisture-wicking microfiber polyester fabric
  • UV sun protection
  • Reduces skin temperature
  • Helps maintain hydration
  • May be worn multiple ways

I work for Columbia sportswear in sales and I can tell that these are becoming a staple of protective wear for the fisherman.

The PFG line is extremely popular and the neck/face gaitor is right there with the apparel.
We also make some great water management footwear for fishing that are kickass.

I have a unique position in which I could use some of your gear as uniforms.

Let me know if you work things like that

My office:

image_zpsajftytrr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That's twice now you've failed to correctly link a photo. You have one URL tag followed buy and IMG tag. Need a matching set.

Nolepilot, nice try, the blue boat is yours. Nice little center console.

Neither are mine. I just make sure everything is running when the boss comes on board. Much cheaper to use someone else's boat.

You the captain? I'm a charter captain myself. Nothing that big though. Smaller sailing yachts and ASA instruction.

Yup, I'm the captain/engineer/fishing guide/ head dishwasher

We are down island till next year sometime. All around the carribean area.

Neither are mine. I just make sure everything is running when the boss comes on board. Much cheaper to use someone else's boat.

I would be a happy dude with the blue boat. It's hard to tell from the pic, what kind and size is that boat (blue one)?

Spend a few days with me at my office and I'll show you what the sun can do.
I fish a lot and I wear the whole getup....booney hat, buff, sunglasses, long sleeve shirt and long pants.

Reactions: DanC78
Spend a few days with me at my office and I'll show you what the sun can do.
I fish a lot and I wear the whole getup....booney hat, buff, sunglasses, long sleeve shirt and long pants.
Where do you fish? Inshore or offshore?

I wear the fishing buff and long sleeve shirt and pants when I fish the back bay. Largely in part to the sun, but most importantly the no-see-ums (bugs) or Mosquitos. Being completely covered prevents them from distracting me and I don't have to use bug spray or sunscreen that will turn off the fish to my bait.

If I am off shore I might have it around my neck but usually won't pull it up around my face.

Also, when zooming around through the mangroves we will encounter mobs of Mosquitos and gnats, at 60+mph, it is not comfortable for them to fly in your mouth or nose.

Eveyone else can judge me all they want.

Anyone ever try the Exoficcio Bugs Away line? Through 100 washes, no change in affect on bugs at all. No runoff onto skin or into wash. In most cases the insect shield outlives the garments. Messes with the neurons in mosquitos, ticks, no-see-ums, etc. heads and kills them if they come in direct contact.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT