ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, the Packers have zero heart!

TDFSU1

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
What a horrible, horrible loss! I know many here are always wanting to fire someone at FSU, but the entire GB organization should be fired for absolutely quitting in that game.

Seattle should send the money to Bostic and Dix in nice, neat piles. Pathetic showing.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Mike McCarthy should be fired and not even allowed to shower. Godamn awful conservative sitting on a lead I have ever watched. Even Rodgers hurt was throwing fine. They just handed off and tried to run the clock out . Not,sure why they aren't questioning the decisions . nor a packers fan but hate Seattle

They giving all the praise to Seattle and not questioning McCarthy. Thought that was Mike smith on greenbay sideline

Originally posted by TDFSU1:
What a horrible, horrible loss! I know many here are always wanting to fire someone at FSU, but the entire GB organization should be fired for absolutely quitting in that game.
Not even close. They went into seattle and beat them at thier own game for 90% of the game. IF bostic blocks down and lets 87 catch that onside kick like he was supposed to game would be over. Had nothing to do with heart.

I wouldn't want to be Bostick Scissorhands when the players get off the plane in Green Bay. 16-0 lead. Nice choke......
The very first fourth down, McCarthy should have gone for it but decided to kick for three. He played not to lose and still couldn't win with 5 turnovers. What a shame..........

Conservative play and a little luck by the other team will get your ass beat!!! Pedal to the metal until they stop you!!!!

Feel bad for Bostic

Originally posted by dbnoles:
Conservative play and a little luck by the other team will get your ass beat!!! Pedal to the metal until they stop you!!!!

Feel bad for Bostic

This is exactly why they lost, kicking to many field goals playing around.

6 measily pts in the 2nd half....this was as bad as FSU vs NC St...trying not to lose and HOPE ur defense keeps playing lights out

because they play not to lose with a lead. worse coaching in the playoffs ever with one of the best qbs ever if nit a 100 percent

The Packers choked and I absolutely love it. I am a diehard Bears fan so this is very pleasing for me. I was also stationed at Ft Lewis, Wa for 7 years and became a fan of the Seahawks as well. Pete Carroll's positivity rings through that entire organization. He never looked down and out of it on the sidelines when things were looking grim. They are a very fun team to watch and they have some of the best fans and uniforms in the game.

Originally posted by GA.NOLE:
Mike McCarthy should be fired and not even allowed to shower. Godamn awful conservative sitting on a lead I have ever watched. Even Rodgers hurt was throwing fine. They just handed off and tried to run the clock out . Not,sure why they aren't questioning the decisions . nor a packers fan but hate Seattle
This. I'm a diehard Packer fan and this one hurts bad. McCarthy coached one of the worst games I have ever watched in 30+ years of being old enough to wAtch football.

I just want to know why Barnett didn't try to score when he got that INT with 5 minutes left. He could have scored

Seattle fan here, we thought it was pretty much over after the last punt by the hawks... but a couple of very fortunate breaks couple with rustle finally getting one through to kearse and it turned out to be a great day!

5mins to go #42 intercepts and runs 3yards and just lays down. There wasnt a Seahag within 10yrds of him and he just lays down.

Originally posted by ChiefWB:
Better team won. Fire everybody.
I agree with the better team won. However, if GB had won the better team would have won too.

I'm not all into this fire the coach argument but there were just so many missed ops for GB to win this game. I have to give Seattle credit for hanging in and coming back BUT The Pack just made so many mistakes late in the game and gave it away in the 4th qtr.

Playing not to lose bit them in the a** on the next to last drive of the 4th. And I too want to know what was up with intercepting Wilson, running 4 yards and taking a slide with 15 yards of nothing but grass and Packers in front of you? That could have possibly gone all the way back as spread out as the 'hawks were after the int. I was just completely baffled by that, especially when I saw one of the blockers out in front motioning for him to get down. WTH?

Originally posted by G&Gbudd:
I agree with the better team won. However, if GB had won the better team would have won too.

I'm not all into this fire the coach argument but there were just so many missed ops for GB to win this game. I have to give Seattle credit for hanging in and coming back BUT The Pack just made so many mistakes late in the game and gave it away in the 4th qtr.

Playing not to lose bit them in the a** on the next to last drive of the 4th. And I too want to know what was up with intercepting Wilson, running 4 yards and taking a slide with 15 yards of nothing but grass and Packers in front of you? That could have possibly gone all the way back as spread out as the 'hawks were after the int. I was just completely baffled by that, especially when I saw one of the blockers out in front motioning for him to get down. WTH?
Or it was a comeback for the ages. It is amazing how the negative is emphasized in some circles. Seattle made some insanely great plays to win the game. Green Bay play the perfect three quarters to be in the position to win. Yet everyone focuses on a perceived "choke".

Or it was a comeback for the ages. It is amazing how the negative is emphasized in some circles. Seattle made some insanely great plays to win the game. Green Bay play the perfect three quarters to be in the position to win. Yet everyone focuses on a perceived "choke".
lol. When you are up 15 points with 4 minutes to go and you have the ball in your possession. It is a choke. Period.

Originally posted by shabass:

lol. When you are up 15 points with 4 minutes to go and you have the ball in your possession. It is a choke. Period.
Period my ass. Seattle made plays at the end, had the home field and won the game. It is why they play 60 minutes. But if it makes you feel better, blame rather than credit. Same result.

ha so what is your definition of a choke? You could always make an argument that the team that won "made plays" to win. But that doesn't mean that GB didn't have one of the greatest chokes in the history of the NFL playoffs.

Choooooke

Originally posted by shabass:
ha so what is your definition of a choke? You could always make an argument that the team that won "made plays" to win. But that doesn't mean that GB didn't have one of the greatest chokes in the history of the NFL playoffs.

Link: Choooooke[/URL]
Your perspective is choke. That's your thing. But a two point conversion from heaven, an onside kick and a coin toss don't reflect poorly on the Packers. And after looking at the stats, Seattle won everything including more turnovers, which was an equalizer. Great game that will always be remembered for the plays that were made at the end.

Never seen this kind of choak?

Choak in doak
19-3 vs canes in 4th quarter
Several wide rights
OU championship game
1981 orange bowl...best d in the country allows an option qb to pass all the way down the field at the end...and gave up a 2 at the end to lose. Probably completed more passes on that drive than in the entire season combined...

Need any more?

And I love the Noles, by the way

This post was edited on 1/19 7:21 PM by KA-NOLE

Never seen anything like it...the interception slide down...with 5 minutes left...

This post was edited on 1/19 7:24 PM by KA-NOLE

Lifelong Seahawks fan here...The Super Bowl win last year was the biggest in team history, but Sunday's was the most magical I've ever seen. While I never give up on any game (just like I never give up on the 'Noles), the 4th INT made me a little nervous that it was all over. But Seattle's great use of 2 TO's combined with 3 conservative running plays made a huge difference right then.

The call of the game for me was the Fake FG attempt...It's 16-0 and there's 5 minutes to go in the 3rd. If you take the likely sure 3 there, it's 16-3 and 2 TD's can still win 17-16 (albeit Seattle's O was not playing well at that point). If you run the Fake FG play and it doesn't work, you're still down 16-0 and it's likely over from a momentum/belief standpoint. It took onions to make that call in that situation and catch everyone by surprise and they were rewarded for it.

To give up 6 points on 5 turnovers validates everything I believe about Seattle's Defense. Ironic that Wilson to Kearse ended up winning the game, too.

Call it a choke or a great comeback, but Seattle was the better team, and IMO, it had nothing to do with heart, it's just that several Packer player made some pretty poor decisions when it really mattered.

Originally posted by Manch.:
Call it a choke or a great comeback, but Seattle was the better team, and IMO, it had nothing to do with heart, it's just that several Packer player made some pretty poor decisions when it really mattered.
Seattle is the better team, but they weren't on Sunday

Originally posted by DL817:

Seattle is the better team, but they weren't on Sunday
You are correct. Questionable coaching and on the field decisions (especially in the 4th quarter) cost GB the game. I am still not sure why Peppers was telling Burnett to get down after the intercepted the ball with 5+ minutes left when Burnett had a lot of space to run, and Burnett should have realized that instead of GB acting as if they picked the ball off in the end zone with 45 seconds left.

And of course, the onside kick......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT