ADVERTISEMENT

Wow Winston??

redchief

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2004
He's regressing..another Jimbo flame out in the NFL?

I'm seeing a guy not playing w confidence and turning it over way 2 much

Martin isn't playing they have no running game and they are playing one of the best defenses in the NFL. What did you expect?
A guy that we all claim 2 b the best ever at FSU 2 protect the ball and keep his team in the game...he's under 50% and looks very confused

He's regressing..another Jimbo flame out in the NFL?
CcAHjjP.gif

A guy that we all claim 2 b the best ever at FSU 2 protect the ball and keep his team in the game...he's under 50% and looks very confused
Winston is never going to be an Aaron Rodgers kind of QB that limits interceptions. He's always going to be more of a Bret Favre guy. He's going to have seasons, even his "good" seasons, where he throws 20 interceptions, but it's excused because of the 35 touchdowns. It is what it is.

How many times has he been hit? You seem clueless. Who was better from FSU? Sacked again. Think the pass rush has anything to do with it?

Winston has no time to throw the ball and no support from a running game. And the Broncos are probably the best defense in the NFL. No QB can be successful under those circumstances. His OLine is totally overwhelmed. That said, the 2 INTS are on him for sure.

Lmao and just last week he passed for over 400 yds and threw 3 td passes. It's called life in the NFL. Some weeks you get your ass handed to you. Plus Denver has an excellent defense

Reactions: Cubman777
Lmao and just last week he passed for over 400 yds and threw 3 td passes. It's called life in the NFL. Some weeks you get your ass handed to you. Plus Denver has an excellent defense
They lost just like Francois threw over 370 yds...stats mean nothing

No line
No running game
One play maker
Poor defense

The oline is awful. How Winstonnisnt in the hospital right now is a miracle in itself.

I'll restate what has already been said - he's playing against probably the best defense in the league today. His two best receivers are possession type guys that don't get separation and the third best is Adam Humphries( slot guy with not enough speed to be consistent). His offensive line is average, at best. Despite all of those shortcomings, he threw for 405yds w/ 3tds & 1int against a solid Rams defense last week. It is ASININE that anyone is questioning his performance, at this point in his NFL career. He's literally the best player on a NFL roster his 2nd year in the league. He's breaking records for young QBs left and right. That guy left this program and it only took one year for it to return to mediocrity. I'm sorry but, if you're trying to label Jameis as a bust, you're an absolute dumb ass when it comes to football. The roster around him is god awful.

I'll restate what has already been said - he's playing against probably the best defense in the league today. His two best receivers are possession type guys that don't get separation and the third best is Adam Humphries( slot guy with not enough speed to be consistent). His offensive line is average, at best. Despite all of those shortcomings, he threw for 405yds w/ 3tds & 1int against a solid Rams defense last week. It is ASININE that anyone is questioning his performance, at this point in his NFL career. He's literally the best player on a NFL roster his 2nd year in the league. He's breaking records for young QBs left and right. That guy left this program and it only took one year for it to return to mediocrity. I'm sorry but, if you're trying to label Jameis as a bust, you're an absolute dumb ass when it comes to football. The roster around him is god awful.

I watched every minute of every Bucs game this year. This post is completely SPOT ON. Throw in the fact that he is playing against a defense that almost singlehandedly won a Super Bowl last year, and the result is predictable.

Reactions: DHNole55
I agree w a lot of this...my point is we as FSU fans anoint guys way 2 fast...people were talking Playoffs, MVP etc at beginning of yr...they knew this was the roster...Evans was a high top 10 pick and he isn't that good I agree so why not get ur franchise QB weapons instead of drafting a DB? I'm a big Winston fan but when he plays bad I say it and 2day is pretty awful...btw didn't he have these same guys last week when he threw over 400 yds

I haven't seen any of this game . Are they doing the helmet to helmet hits on him they did on Cam?

Yes he took a blatant helmet to helmet earlier in the game. Bronco defender launched. Of course no personal foul penalty was called.

I agree w a lot of this...my point is we as FSU fans anoint guys way 2 fast...people were talking Playoffs, MVP etc at beginning of yr...they knew this was the roster...Evans was a high top 10 pick and he isn't that good I agree so why not get ur franchise QB weapons instead of drafting a DB? I'm a big Winston fan but when he plays bad I say it and 2day is pretty awful...btw didn't he have these same guys last week when he threw over 400 yds
Nice try......he didn't play the Super Bowl champs last week with how many players out?

SB champs have 2 rookies playing QB..nice try..it's ok Winston had a bad game he will play again and have better games
You come on here and start a thread that Winston is a bust, and now you back track that he just had a bad day. Your original post was really off.

You come on here and start a thread that Winston is a bust, and now you back track that he just had a bad day. Your original post was really off.
I asked the question...hence the ?????????

Plus the defense rarely bails him out or puts him in a good position

SB champs have 2 rookies playing QB..nice try..it's ok Winston had a bad game he will play again and have better games

It appears from you original post that you are concerned he is a jimbo flame out . So what gives you confidence now?

It appears from you original post that you are concerned he is a jimbo flame out . So what gives you confidence now?
I'm hoping he gets better...he played great week 1 and has regressed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT