ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Rhodes ditches coaches game plan. . . . .

The alleged insubordination is being reported by numerous new sources.

"In the first half, Rhodes stayed on one side of the field and did not follow Nelson. Coaches changed that at halftime.

But it was too late. Nelson had seven catches for 145 yards and two TDs as Green Bay took a 28-13 lead in the first half.

Nelson had just two catches for 9 yards in the second half with Rhodes covering him every play.

“That’s what he was supposed to do the whole game,” Zimmer said. “Someone decided they wouldn’t do that.”

This is a case of Rhodes, a younger player, showing due respect to veterans and team leaders who thought they could play their normal style of defense. He didn't concoct the plan he went along with a type of peer pressure .... I totally agree with the idea that you can't be disobeying an order from your coach but anyone who puts the blame on X for letting his teammates have a shot at Jordy is having tunnel vision.

This is a case of Rhodes, a younger player, showing due respect to veterans and team leaders who thought they could play their normal style of defense. He didn't concoct the plan he went along with a type of peer pressure .... I totally agree with the idea that you can't be disobeying an order from your coach but anyone who puts the blame on X for letting his teammates have a shot at Jordy is having tunnel vision.

I'm not personally putting "blame" on any one person....it was collusion.

And I don't buy the peer pressure stuff he's a professional athlete.

Reactions: NoleMoreTears
rhodes will get paid regardless this year, i expect rhodes to join the bucs next year

Is he a free agent after this season?Would be a great get for the Bucs all their corners are 5-10.They need a big corner to go against Julio Jones and KB

It's actually both hilarious and perplexing that some people don't see the problem with this. Complete disrespect for your coaches who hired you to do a job according to their plan. Complete disrespect for your coach's experience and knowledge, spitting on the chain of command.

The funny part is it failed miserably on the field, then as soon as they did what they were told, actually executed.

Read the updated story, they did it on the first series only and it was X letting his teammates try and step up. If you don't think this happens on offense and D you crazy.

The alleged insubordination is being reported by numerous new sources.

"In the first half, Rhodes stayed on one side of the field and did not follow Nelson. Coaches changed that at halftime.

But it was too late. Nelson had seven catches for 145 yards and two TDs as Green Bay took a 28-13 lead in the first half.

Nelson had just two catches for 9 yards in the second half with Rhodes covering him every play.

“That’s what he was supposed to do the whole game,” Zimmer said. “Someone decided they wouldn’t do that.”

PS even ESPN has pulled the story

I don't see a big problem. Should he have been covering Nelson the whole time like his HC wished - Yes.

Did he trust his teammates too much - Yes.

Did he prove that he is a premier CB - Yea.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT