ADVERTISEMENT

Yearly article- Tallahassee man missing (Mike Williams)

I know I'm late to this but, have the details of Brian's deal been released? Will he be charged for the murder of Mike?
He has been given testimonial immunity... I'm not a lawyer but saw on Twitter... that means his testimony cannot be used against him. In this case unless there is some other way of tying him to the murder he will effectively get off.

He has been sentenced to the 20 or 25 years for the kidnapping and I would suspect there still could be a insurance fraud charges coming.

Reactions: T-NOLE
Denise was a naughty, naughty girl. She even cheated on her affair (Brian). She wanted to play this sweet innocent little Christian girl, but now her family gets to see what a sleazy conniving piece of trash she is.

Reactions: GwinnettNole
Brian saying "She was there in my head behind me" when he shot Mike doesn't help any. It comes across as him being crazy and obsessed. His constant reference to "us" committing the crime sounds "rehearsed".

From WCTV's current front page story....

Um, how in the hell does this not directly implicate Marcus as having knowledge of the crime? How in the hell was the entire Winchester family given immunity? SOB, this is looking like exactly what I feared it was.
If you knew the family connections it would make sense

Brian saying "She was there in my head behind me" when he shot Mike doesn't help any. It comes across as him being crazy and obsessed. His constant reference to "us" committing the crime sounds "rehearsed".
I didn't like that either. He needs to hammer home that while she wasn't there at the time of the murder, they planned it together

Is the judge going to make it through trial? He has the death rattle in his shaky voice.

Sex pics and the man in the mirror! How long till we have a movie? Who plays Brian and who plays Denise?

Is the judge going to make it through trial? He has the death rattle in his shaky voice.

Sex pics and the man in the mirror! How long till we have a movie? Who plays Brian and who plays Denise?
Micky Rourke and Kim Bassinger

Oops that letter is damning

Yeh, not good for her.

But the juror questions about "did you plan when the payout would happen?" and "were you getting money personally?" sounds like at least one juror is questioning the murder and conspiracy charge. The next question about the money being a "bonus" and the State wanting to clarify that may not have been Denise's mindset tells me the State thinks the same thing.

She remembers a year she went to concert 21 years ago but doesn't remember how she got to the concert?

So to recap we've had lesbian sex, murder, duck hunting, a threesome, and sugar cookies.

She remembers a year she went to concert 21 years ago but doesn't remember how she got to the concert?

I missed the first part of her testimony, caught back up when she was being questioned by the defense. What was the State trying to use her testimony to establish? That was odd that she couldn't say if she drove herself or rode along with others.

On CBS news main site as well.

The trial has gone big time - front page of the New York Post.

The media may get more than one event to cover as Scott Mattox and Paige Carter-Smith were just indicted on 44 counts of corruption and racketeering including " bank fraud, extortion, honest services fraud, bribery, making false statements to federal officers, conspiracy to interfere with the lawful function of the Internal Revenue Service, and filing false tax returns."

Reactions: squiffynole
I missed the first part of her testimony, caught back up when she was being questioned by the defense. What was the State trying to use her testimony to establish? That was odd that she couldn't say if she drove herself or rode along with others.
She testified that she was at the now infamous Sister Hazel concert at Floyds that night in 1997 (hell I might have been there as well but I don't recall seeing them).
She testified that it was her, Angela, Mike, Denise, and Brian...no Kathy (as Brain stated was parking the car). The state was a little surprised and she reiterated...no Kathy!
She said that Brian and Denise were hugging on each other and she found that odd.

I don't really know much about this case, but I've been following this thread because you guys post a lot of good info and opinions on it. I will say that I don't really find that weird at all. I went to a concert in 2003 at the civic center. I can tell you who it was, who was the opening act, where we sat and who I was with but could not tell you how I got there. No clue if I drove, the friend drove or our parents took us ( I was a junior in HS). I go to a lot of concerts and rarely remember the ride to the show. Just my .02. Keep on :)

I don't really know much about this case, but I've been following this thread because you guys post a lot of good info and opinions on it. I will say that I don't really find that weird at all. I went to a concert in 2003 at the civic center. I can tell you who it was, who was the opening act, where we sat and who I was with but could not tell you how I got there. No clue if I drove, the friend drove or our parents took us ( I was a junior in HS). I go to a lot of concerts and rarely remember the ride to the show. Just my .02. Keep on :)
...sustained (I stand corrected)

Good lord, this part is tedious. Seems unneeded. I understand presenting all the evidence and whatnot, but man, you would think they could speed this up. All these descriptions of Gardner Landing Road and the process..... now the DA asked him to spell "coffer dam" and "sump pump". Come on..

I just read in another discussion that Mike's mother is a "sequestered witness" not in the court room and that she was issued a subpoena by the defense because the State isn't calling her as a witness. Can't verify this.

FWIW, it looks like a common opinion in other discussions that Brian is lying about where he killed Mike. He has certainly told a few inconsistent things.

Just watched a few videos and read a few blogs....as of today, I think she’s going to get off.

Reactions: coloradonoles
Just watched a few videos and read a few blogs....as of today, I think she’s going to get off.
Maybe she skates on the 1st degree murder charge but the conspiracy and accessory after the fact charge I think she owns.

Reactions: DanC78
The murder and conspiracy charges go hand in hand. You can't have one without the other. If she wasn't involved in a conspiracy, she can't be convicted of murder. Likewise, if she is convicted of conspiracy, they would have to convict her of the ultimate crime - murder - that resulted from the conspiracy.

This is why it hinges on the jury believing Brian a)planned it with Denise and b)killed him at Lake Seminole. Because if it happened at say, their house at the spur of the moment, then there is no conspiracy and therefore Denise can't be convicted of murder either.

The murder and conspiracy charges go hand in hand. You can't have one without the other. If she wasn't involved in a conspiracy, she can't be convicted of murder. Likewise, if she is convicted of conspiracy, they would have to convict her of the ultimate crime - murder - that resulted from the conspiracy.

This is why it hinges on the jury believing Brian a)planned it with Denise and b)killed him at Lake Seminole. Because if it happened at say, their house at the spur of the moment, then there is no conspiracy and therefore Denise can't be convicted of murder either.

That also makes sense.

A now retired TPD officer testified that she saw an abandoned SUV (with car seat) in the parking lot of Grace Lutheran on Mikosukee Rd. She called in the plate to see if it was stolen (it wasn't) but then got a phone number. She called and spoke to a woman who confirmed it was her husbands SUV, that he was out of town, and it shouldn't be there. The woman called the officer back at some point to say her father went and retrieved the SUV. She also said that the father went to TPD and told them it was taken care of. The officer didn't remember any names and the records from the plate check were scrubbed many years ago.

Mike's brother testimony was damning for Denise. He hit a homerun by telling everyone that Denise would not allow Ms. WIlliams see Ansley since 2005.... she did not allow Mike's mom and the brother to see her if they didn't drop the investigation.
Mike's mother is on now.

Last edited:
Mike's brother testimony was damning for Denise. He hit a homerun by telling everyone that Denise would not allow Ms. WIlliams see Ansley since 2005.... she did not allow Mike's mom and the brother to see her if they didn't drop the investigation.
Mike's mother is on now.

The only part that could be trouble for Ms Willians is the defense was implying that Denise was just trying to get on with her life. Thus the reason she wanted Ms Williams to drop the picketing, letter writing and sign waving. If I was a juror that knew nothing of this case I can see why the defense was playing that angle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT