ADVERTISEMENT

Yearly article- Tallahassee man missing (Mike Williams)

I know prosecutors are never supposed to do this, but I wonder if even though they knew had a low chance of winning (low enough where normally you would not prosecute) and they said "screw it, we all know she did it, let's at least throw her and jail and ruin her life even if we don't win". Because it sure seems pretty weak on evidence.

If so, the perp walk out of her office in front of a tipped off media, was an interesting start to it all.

Maybe up next will be the two suspects in the Sims murders?

I know prosecutors are never supposed to do this, but I wonder if even though they knew had a low chance of winning (low enough where normally you would not prosecute) and they said "screw it, we all know she did it, let's at least throw her and jail and ruin her life even if we don't win". Because it sure seems pretty weak on evidence.

If so, the perp walk out of her office in front of a tipped off media, was an interesting start to it all.

Maybe up next will be the two suspects in the Sims murders?
I think they rolled the dice and thought that they could find more evidence to corroborate based upon whatever Brian was going to tell them...so they cut the sweetheart deal with him. The problem is that is was so long ago that cell phone records (hell even police call records) were scrubbed, memories faded and at the end of the day no one really knew they were having an affair and that the marriage was bad. Only 1 witness said they were acting funny at a concert and even Mike's own brother and mother testified they had a great marriage.

"The State wants you to cover them for this terrible deal they struck with Brian Winchester. That's not your job."

"Near Oscar-worthy performances...."

Ouch

Revealing that Brian was trying to tamper with witnesses and obstruct justice from his jail cell prior to rolling over on Denise ended it. She walks. Hung jury at best because one or two will insist upon their gut and emotions.

Reactions: coloradonoles
"Tell Marcus to tell Brian that I didn't say anything"

Does that not-implicate her?
images%2B(2).jpg

LOL, I was just having a similar conversation with a friend about the possibility of her suing the State for her job back if she is acquitted. There's still insurance fraud, but I don't know what happens with that is she is acquitted because the only reason they can bring the charge is because the fraud is related to a homicide(The SOL is up for simple insurance fraud).

Was she fired?

At this point she might have a good case against the state for prosecutorial misconduct.

I assumed she lost her job. Would the school keep her on administrative leave while the case played out?

While listening to that tape, I wondered if Denise may have gotten a little suspicious of Kathy at that point. She was really careful to be calm and didn't really say anything that incriminating.

While listening to that tape, I wondered if Denise may have gotten a little suspicious of Kathy at that point. She was really careful to be calm and didn't really say anything that incriminating.
Kathy and Brian hated each other. In the tape, Kathy claims that Brian told her years ago about the murder...why would she bring it up now? I'd be suspicious too.

How can she sue the state? What protected class would she use for wrongful termination?

They had a question about convicting for conspiracy and what that means for murder.

Good. I think the jury picked up on her coy, calculated and smug demeanor in the recordings. Coupled with her complete lack of mourning when her husband was murdered and the animosity towards the investigation of his death.

Reactions: noleclone2
I don’t know much about this case outside of what’s been posted here but this seems somewhat shocking based on what you guys have said. Prosecutorial misconduct even thrown around and now she’s been found guilty. Sounds like she got what she deserved but god help an innocent person in a jury trial, you never know what will come back. It’s kinda scary.

I don’t know much about this case outside of what’s been posted here but this seems somewhat shocking based on what you guys have said. Prosecutorial misconduct even thrown around and now she’s been found guilty. Sounds like she got what she deserved but god help an innocent person in a jury trial, you never know what will come back. It’s kinda scary.
"I don't know much about this case".

You should've stopped there before throwing the innocent victim card.

Denise spent the last 20 plus years earning this verdict

FWIW, I didn't fully understand the prosecutorial misconduct sentiment from some. It may have been posters of the LR over analyzing everything? I don't know. I thought the state did a good job. Given the evidence I never thought they would get the first degree murder on her.... 18 years ago. Tough to prove.

Looks like the state knew what they were doing.

Last edited:
People seem to forget the prosecution had an eye witness. Was he a scumbag murderer? Sure. But his account was 100% believable based on Denise's actions and the circumstantial evidence.

Her co-conspirator testified against her. Every move she made only verified his testimony.

Not one person who saw the trial said "I think she is innocent". At best was "they didn't prove it". So after hearing the evidence you still believe she was guilty, so obviously they did prove it.

"I don't know much about this case".

You should've stopped there before throwing the innocent victim card.

Denise spent the last 20 plus years earning this verdict
Did I throw the innocent victim card or express surprise she was convicted? I might have even said “sounds like she got what she deserves”. Maybe you should read an entire post before being so emotional.

I'm shocked.

I obviously am not in tally and live 5 states away. But from what I saw/read they didn't have anything on her but a murderer's testimony. The same one who tried from jail to frame her...

Very happy that the mom got the answers she wanted.

She definitely came off as an unlikable defendent and an all around unfeeling/cold person. The defense must be pretty shocked too as they didn't even present a case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT