ADVERTISEMENT

Haynes King's performances vs top 25 defenses last season. . .

1. vs Louisville: 19-32, 313 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception.

2. vs Miami: 12-25, 151 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions

3. vs Clemson: 13-31, 129 yards, two touchdowns, and four interceptions

4. vs Georgia: 11-20, 158 yards, no touchdowns, and no interceptions

They return a lot on offense, so the assumption is that the offense as a whole would improve based upon the gain in experience.

Hopefully we can get two interceptions against him, with our defense as a whole, I think that is entirely possible.

I just can't help but feel we will be playing with a lead and GT will have to get a little uncomfortable trying to catch up. The cold and wet environment should be an advantage to FSU as I would think we have the better running game and way better defense.

FSU volleyball ranked 20th in preseason poll

FSU sports information:

For the first time since 2017, the Florida State volleyball team will be ranked in the Top 25 to start the season. The Seminoles were ranked 20th in the AVCA/TARAFELX Preseason Top 25 poll on Monday afternoon.

The Seminoles will play six teams ranked in the Top 25 - No. 4 Pitt, No. 5 Stanford, No. 6 Louisville, No. 11 Florida, No. 14 Georgia Tech and No. 25 Georgia - with four of those six games happening inside of Tully Gym. The Seminoles will also play SMU, Auburn and Miami who all received votes in the preseason poll.

This is just the ninth time that FSU has begun the season ranked and the first time since 2017. FSU will begin its season at home at the Seminole Invitational where they will take on USF on Aug. 30, UC Santa Barbara on Aug. 31 and No. 25 Georgia on Sept. 1.

Tune into the Osceola channels Monday at 6 for my conversation with ESPN's David Hale

I interviewed David Hale, who covers the ACC extensively for ESPN, late last week. That show will debut on our Osceola YouTube, Facebook and my Twitter account at 6 p.m. Monday night.

It's an enlightening conversation about his unique position covering the snub, why he's high on FSU this season, his reasons for concern and where he sees FSU stacking up in what could be a closely-contested ACC.

Login to view embedded media
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT