ADVERTISEMENT

LB Recruiting.....

Before Tavion Wallace made his decision yesterday there is this feeling that FSU under this staff can't recruit the position. One coach who continues to take most of the blame is Randy Shannon. While he is the easy target, I am going to come from a different angle. LB recruiting at FSU has not been good for over a decade now. After Bobby Bowden stepped down, FSU who’s had a great history at linebacker (Marvin Jones, Sam Cowart, Derrick Brooks) to name a few have really struggled recruiting this position. They have had years where they recruited big name kids who were highly ranked (Jeff Luc) who just never panned out. My question is WHY....LETS TAKE A LOOK!!!!!!!

This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

Football Recruiting Clemson's Rivals site uses Wallace to poses good questions about effect NIL may be having on recruiting

Here's the board post from the Clemson Rival's site that I think poses some good questions about how we view and evaluate recruiting:
Broadly speaking, it's easy for fan bases to carry a myopic view of recruiting because they are focused on their team's wins and losses.
In light of Clemson's recent returns -- in which national champ Michigan also lost a lineman to Wisconsin, and Miami squandered another local wideout -- Tuesday's big news jumped out.
Jesup (Ga.) Wayne County four-star linebacker Tavion Wallace committed to Arkansas in what arguably qualifies as the stunner of the summer so far.

This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT