ADVERTISEMENT

“Rust” Shooting Tragedy

The real question is what’s protocol on a movie set. What you’re saying is how normal people handle guns in situations where they would be putting live ammo in it. Now maybe it is protocol for even the talent to check a gun when handed to them even if someone yells out “cold gun” but I’d be surprised if that’s the case. I just don’t understand why they they’d even have actual guns on a movie set. Why wouldn’t they just have exact replicas that have no ability to fire a bullet?
Whatever they do on the set of the John Wick movies they should do on all movie sets where guns are used. I don't know another movie besides (maybe) a war movie that uses more guns and I don't think there have been any accidents?

Whatever they do on the set of the John Wick movies they should do on all movie sets where guns are used. I don't know another movie besides (maybe) a war movie that uses more guns and I don't think there have been any accidents?
it does also help that keanu reeves is incredibly well trained and very proficient with firearms.

Reactions: Dr. Nole
Wait Keanu didn't actually kill 34,000 people?

Reactions: GbrNole
it does also help that keanu reeves is incredibly well trained and very proficient with firearms.
Tank just had to upload the firearm training program and he was set.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: GbrNole
Wait Keanu didn't actually kill 34,000 people?
I lost count at 30,000 and wondered what the total was. 🤣

On another note Keanu did go through many hours of training with live guns and I would not doubt if he did exactly what Gary mentioned. Checking your weapon when someone hands it over to you is very basic.

Last edited:
I lost count at 30,000 and wondered what the total was. 🤣

On another note Keanu did go through many hours of training with live guns and I would not doubt if he did exactly what Gary mentioned. Checking your weapon when someone hands it over to you is very basic.
There are also multiple other actors using guns in those movies so it looks like each person must have received training.

that short barrel sig mpx is legit the ultimate home defense firearm. it almost doesn't matter how average the ammo is, they just don't falter, and are so so easy to maneuver and put on target.

Now — after months of lawyering-up — Baldwin tells us he did not pull the trigger. Interesting defense, but implausible to anyone familiar with guns.
Always use the Shaggy defense. Wasn't me! First it was a prop gun that fired then sabotage and now he just didn't pull the trigger. Sounds legit. Lets move on to the car that drove through a crowd of people.

Always use the Shaggy defense. Wasn't me! First it was a prop gun that fired then sabotage and now he just didn't pull the trigger. Sounds legit. Lets move on to the car that drove through a crowd of people.
i'm waiting on the temporary insanity plea due to ptsd stemming from a character he used to play on SNL.

Reactions: GeddyLee09
I think there's something Alec is missing. The gun was reportedly a single action, not a double action. If that is correct, pulling the trigger will not fire the gun unless the hammer is cocked. So he had to cock the hammer and then pull the trigger for it to go bang. Two separate actions, not one. I suspect he doesn't know that since it largely demonstrates he is lying through his teeth IMHO.

I think there's something Alec is missing. The gun was reportedly a single action, not a double action. If that is correct, pulling the trigger will not fire the gun unless the hammer is cocked. So he had to cock the hammer and then pull the trigger for it to go bang. Two separate actions, not one. I suspect he doesn't know that since it largely demonstrates he is lying through his teeth IMHO.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Jefferson County is in the building!!!

Reactions: Random_John
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT