ADVERTISEMENT

2014 Ferrari F12 Berlinetta

DFSNOLE

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
DeFuniak Springs Country Club
Had this car cruise up to me on I95 this week while down in Palm Beach County. Don't really understand why someone would shell out that kind of money for a 700hp car to drive on interstates with a 70mph speed limit.

2014-Ferrari-F12-Berlinetta-Black.jpg

The F12 Berlinetta captures the best of the classic front-engined Ferraris -- proportion, elegance, performance -- while executing each detail in the most modern means possible.

Sitting
at the pinnacle of Ferrari's range (with the exception of the LaFerrari
hypercar), the F12 Berlinetta's $330,000 price tag is as massive as the
car itself is impressive. In sight, sound, touch, and feedback --
Ferrari hits all its marks in this ferociously powerful yet
fantastically refined super-tourer.

The F12's long, low body is wrapped in dramatically swooping lines that
rise over the front fender and dive down, then back up along the side.
The nose is aggressive and highly detailed, with a clear mix of
aerodynamics and aesthetics. Inside, the FF's cabin is wrapped in
luxurious leathers and high-tech style, its F1-inspired steering wheel
with "manettino" controls giving it a racing-inspired touch.

Under
the hood lies a fierce 6.3-liter V-12 rated at 729 horsepower and 508
pound-feet of torque. Ferrari claims 80 percent of peak torque is
available from just 2,500 rpm, aiding the car's rocket-like
acceleration: from a stop, 60 mph arrives in just 3.1 seconds. Top speed
is somewhere north of 211 mph. The potent V-12 redlines at 8,700 rpm.

Features
and equipment are what you want them to be, especially if you engage
Ferrari's personalization service, Tailor Made. Colors, materials,
option

This is the LR, that's what our domestic servants drive.

Then you definitely wouldn't understand the people that drive these. There is at least one driving around town with FSU plates (old logo).

Rolls-Royce Phantom - $500,000

Rolls-Royce-Phantom-wallpapers-2015-Rolls-Royce-Phantom.jpg

Originally posted by RTM58:

Then you definitely wouldn't understand the people that drive these. There is at least one driving around town with FSU plates (old logo).

It's more the unusable horsepower than the cost. It's like buying a 5 story house and only being allowed to go to the first two floors.

This post was edited on 2/22 1:35 PM by DFSNOLE

The 2014 Rolls-Royce Phantom has 453 HP (11 City/19 Hwy) and can also only go 70 too. Its all about status, not speed. They buy'em cause it gives you better sense of humor and everyone knows chicks dig a guy that can make'em laugh.

One of my clients had a Ferrari Enzo with 650-hp and a price tag north of a million dollars. I hated that car as it felt like you were driving around in a sardine can.

Enzo Car Review - Top Gear - BBC - LINKY

zffcw56a130135440_1.jpg

Not sure if you are serious but who cares if the speed limit is 70 mph? You swear the driver of that car cares about a $300 speeding ticket smh
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Ward17:
Not sure if you are serious but who cares if the speed limit is 70 mph? You swear the driver of that car cares about a $300 speeding ticket smh
No but he probably cares about getting his license suspended after getting a few of them.

That said, when I have that kind of cash I'll definitely get a Lambo or Ferrari.

You can buy a faster car for $70k. That's not really the point of GT Ferraris.

The car has a top end speed of over 220mph. One is not going that fast on an American interstate regardless their lack of concern for a speeding ticket.

Originally posted by EveryoneBleedsGarnet:

No but he probably cares about getting his license suspended after getting a few of them.

That said, when I have that kind of cash I'll definitely get a Lambo or Ferrari.
My Maserati does 185. I lost my license, now I don't drive, that is except my Ferrari F12 Berlinetta.

Originally posted by DFSNOLE:
The car has a top end speed of over 220mph. One is not going that fast on an American interstate regardless their lack of concern for a speeding ticket.

Yes but 0-60 in 3.1 is enjoyable :)

Originally posted by Gonolz:

My Maserati does 185. I lost my license, now I don't drive
yeah, but life's been good to you so far.

Originally posted by Lemon Thrower:
Originally posted by Gonolz:

My Maserati does 185. I lost my license, now I don't drive
yeah, but life's been good to you so far.
He goes to hotels and tears out the walls. Has accountants pay for it all.

I drove one of these (below) in college....yeah, I know...a chick magnet car
frown.r191677.gif

VW-Rabbit-USA-1981.jpg

The 2014 Rolls-Royce Phantom has 453 HP (11 City/19 Hwy) and can also only go 70 too. Its all about status, not speed. They buy'em cause it gives you better sense of humor and everyone knows chicks dig a guy that can make'em laugh.

One of my clients had a Ferrari Enzo with 650-hp and a price tag north of a million dollars. I hated that car as it felt like you were driving around in a sardine can.

Enzo Car Review - Top Gear - BBC - LINKY

ec
Oh-I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg
[/URL]

Most of us will never hit the governor on a car.

It's more the unusable horsepower than the cost. It's like buying a 5 story house and only being allowed to go to the first two floors.

This post was edited on 2/22 1:35 PM by DFSNOLE
You do realize we have race tracks in this country and many drive their cars to them so they can actually go fast?

Furthermore, there is a fun factor involved. Some people aren't in to cars and that's fine. They make crap box Honda Civics and the like. The Corvettes I have in my garage don't make sense but are still a hell of a good time. Sometimes senseless things like side pipes do more for my happiness than anything. I'm sure the sound of that Ferrari is pretty intoxicating.

Originally posted by LT4PLY:

You do realize we have race tracks in this country and many drive their cars to them so they can actually go fast?

Furthermore, there is a fun factor involved. Some people aren't in to cars and that's fine. They make crap box Honda Civics and the like. The Corvettes I have in my garage don't make sense but are still a hell of a good time. Sometimes senseless things like side pipes do more for my happiness than anything. I'm sure the sound of that Ferrari is pretty intoxicating.
Fun Factor 8+ :

Originally posted by LT4PLY:

Fun Factor 8+ :

And like the car...how they sound when you take them for a spin is important as well.

Switching back to car talk, I tend to buy sporty not true sports cars in real life and would probably continue that mindset of if I were going to waste a third or half a mil on a car. So I'd take the Ferrari money and get a RR Wraith, Bentley GT3R or a RR Phantom Coupe instead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT