ADVERTISEMENT

3 cops storm wrong home. Shoot owner, his dog, and one cop.

ReliableOstrich

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2002
http://news.yahoo.com/investigators-georgia-officer-likely-shot-other-officers-145410367.html

"He told me they were in the house watching television when they heard something in the backyard," Colson said. "The husband gets up to check, opens the door and he just sees shooting. He gets hit and his dog is dead."
"Early investigation indicates that the injured officer was likely shot accidently by one of the other officers on the scene," GBI officials said in a statement.
Alexander acknowledged Monday night that DeKalb officers responded to the wrong home.

SMDH. Shoot first, ask questions later. Thankfully no one fatally shot by these doofuses.

We really need to pay cops better so we can get a more intelligent police force on the street. Better training prob wouldn't hurt either.

News reports say that the cop was given the wrong address or that he may have just GONE to the wrong address. I'm sorry someone's pet is dead but I'm glad no humans died in this needless screw up.

I read he was told the last house on the block, but decided the second house on the block fit the description better.

I don't blame the cops for not getting the right house, based on the information they had. I certainly DO blame them for ENTERING the house without being sure and going Rambo on this guys and his family.

I just can't understand "Hmm, looks like this might be it maybe. Let's go in and waste whoever's in this one."

tumblr_n0c204qe0R1tpnk0go1_400.gif

Reactions: fsu1jreed
This is an occasion when I wish the cops had been running a speed trap instead.

Smh, yet again, I'm sure this will be rationalized in court (or not even make it there) and yet again, it's insane that the cops couldn't find a better way.

Seriously can anyone watch this whole thing and not think to themselves, hmm yea they didn't administer any unnecessary force. (Remember unnecessary is different from complaint with the law).

Not a police apologist by any means, but do we know what the guy did? The person who posted it sure doesn't and I can't find any reference to this incident anywhere.

"I am not sure what happened minutes before this, or why even the police were called, but clearly we have an unarmed man just being salty."

Not a police apologist by any means, but do we know what the guy did? The person who posted it sure doesn't and I can't find any reference to this incident anywhere.

"I am not sure what happened minutes before this, or why even the police were called, but clearly we have an unarmed man just being salty."
Agreed, not sure what this guy did to get the cops attention. But just saying the use of force was a little gratuitous, IMO at least.
Must say, the guy they were going after certainly had a remarkable threshold for pain. I'd be balled up crying and/or dead after about half of those blows.

Agreed, not sure what this guy did to get the cops attention. But just saying the use of force was a little gratuitous, IMO at least.
Must say, the guy they were going after certainly had a remarkable threshold for pain. I'd be balled up crying and/or dead after about half of those blows.

I don't disagree that it looked excessive, especially if it was a case of him not handing over an ID quickly enough or he had an open container or something stupid like that. But if they guy was running from a knife fight or just cold-cocked his old lady in the front of the house or something, then I don't really care too much.

I don't disagree that it looked excessive, especially if it was a case of him not handing over an ID quickly enough or he had an open container or something stupid like that. But if they guy was running from a knife fight or just cold-cocked his old lady in the front of the house or something, then I don't really care too much.
The use of force should be based on the immediate threat posed.
Clearly the guy was resisting and needed to be subdued, but that has nothing to do with if he cold-cocked his old lady or some dude pissing in his shrubs. He needed to be subdued using the least amount of force possible while keeping the officers and other civilians safe.
The cops aren't responsible for or authorized to dole out punishment for crimes. There are judges and juries for that. Cops are there to protect and serve.

At the end of the video the force is excessive, in the beginning, the guy is fighting them. I have no idea what precipitated any of this. Just saying whatever conduct occurred prior might have a bearing on what they did.

And I still don't see any news on this. Seems odd to me.

At the end of the video the force is excessive, in the beginning, the guy is fighting them. I have no idea what precipitated any of this. Just saying whatever conduct occurred prior might have a bearing on what they did.

And I still don't see any news on this. Seems odd to me.
True, I won't disagree with that, but I'll say it should have no bearing on what they did.

I've been reading about the application of cognitive behavioral therapy sessions in schools and am wondering if it might be a good training mechanism for cops as well.

True, I won't disagree with that, but I'll say it should have no bearing on what they did.

I've been reading about the application of cognitive behavioral therapy sessions in schools and am wondering if it might be a good training mechanism for cops as well.

What I'm saying is this:
If the conduct was something non-violent then none of the police response was warranted. (meaning they escalated it and should never have been fighting with the guy in the first place).
But if the conduct was something violent or threatening to the general public then the initial police response could have been warranted and at a point moved from subduing the suspect to simply beating on him. The beating by the one guy appears problematic regardless of the circumstances leading to the fight.

I know TC doesn't care but I'd like to know more about what happened. Not to excuse any behavior, just to know the facts before making a judgment.

I know TC doesn't care but I'd like to know more about what happened. Not to excuse any behavior, just to know the facts before making a judgment.

Just because I repeatedly shine a light on the ongoing inexcusable behavior from govt agents, does not mean I do not care. I don't want officers getting hurt or killed but I have seen few instances where the level of force used in these cases is warranted. The Police-Americans have used the idea of "officer safety" as a license to do pretty much whatever they want. In fact it has gone well past that to officers instigating and inflaming a situation so any level of force can be use and explained to a public that has been fed a never ending stream of pro-police propaganda shows since early childhood.

Reactions: Mugsy101
Just because I repeatedly shine a light on the ongoing inexcusable behavior from govt agents, does not mean I do not care. I don't want officers getting hurt or killed but I have seen few instances where the level of force used in these cases is warranted. The Police-Americans have used the idea of "officer safety" as a license to do pretty much whatever they want. In fact it has gone well past that to officers instigating and inflaming a situation so any level of force can be use and explained to a public that has been fed a never ending stream of pro-police propaganda shows since early childhood.
I agree that happens quite often. Way too much these days. I have no idea what happened here.

I have no idea what happened here.

Neither do I but I can't think of many crimes that justify this type of beating. The guy who killed all the people in the church in SC didn't get a beating when they stopped him. Do enough to restrain him, and no more. Even if he is fighting back, this type of beating isn't warranted.

I usually side with LE - but seeing some of the videos that are all over now I have to say that the percentage of assholes with badges is much higher than I thought...

I saw a brutal video recently in a doc about legalizing pot. They sent a 6 man swat team with automatic weapons into a man's home in Missouri (I believe..), killed the owner's dog, scared the living shit out of his wife and infant child for an offense that he was guilty of.....the judge gave him a $300 fine. This is just not sensible on any level - mind you it's not like they had FAULTY information - this amount of force needs to be reserved for absolute dire situations - say a madman with a remote device that is about to blow up a school bus full of children....not a guy smoking a joint.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT