ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting 4-star OT Josh Petty has committed to Georgia Tech this afternoon

OsceolaPat

Veteran Seminole Insider
Staff
Jul 31, 2022
Four-star offensive tackle Josh Petty has committed to Georgia Tech over Florida State this afternoon. There had been a constant buzz about his committing to the Yellow Jackets since last week.

Multiple sources with knowledge of Petty's recruitment have indicated to the Osceola that this was NIL driven more so than anything else and with added selling point of being a hometown hero thrown in.

From what I am being told the price was just too high for a prospect that would need at least a redshirt season and possibly another season to develop before being able to compete for a starting job. If the number I am hearing he was offered by GT in his NIL deal is anything close to accurate, I can't blame Norvell and staff for not meeting that number given the fact it might be year before he plays.

That being I do think he has a tremendous upside and might have the biggest upside of any offensive linemen FSU is recruiting in this cycle but there is no way you can pay that type of money, if the number I am hearing is true, for a player who might need see action until year three.

And, of course, GT has to get him to the finish line in December, but the Jackets definitely have gone all in on Petty.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.