ADVERTISEMENT

51 On Madison (new booster bar)

AllNoles

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2002
Tallahassee
Know we had a thread a while ago on the new bar. I hadn’t been yet but am having a little get together tomorrow before I get married Saturday and decided to try it out. Called David and he’s been great. Went out today to see it and I think it’s a cool setup.

No one here cares about my get together but I thought I’d share a little since some questions had been asked before and I don’t know if they were fully answered.

It’s no doubt a member place. In fact if you’re not a member (come with a member) you need to buy a one day membership to comply with their liquor license terms. It’s three bucks so no big deal, but thought I’d let folks know.

It’s not crowded now since it’s summer. We have no issue getting 25-30 tomorrow night. All my non-booster friends can come because it’s my “event.”

I talked to him about how the season will play out. David has his ish together. He wants to balance the booster membership/benefit experience with fun and access. It’s pretty clear they will be pretty fluid about what levels will be ok and when. It really will become a crowd issue. The more crowded it is, the higher level you’ll need to be. Some won’t like that but it makes sense. If you can only fit so many people and a bunch of PCs and GCs want in, there’s not room. It just happens. But he’s going to watch trends as close as he can to make it as accessible as they can. He even said they will try to monitor it game days and let people know if it’s likely they can get in at that time.

I met the chef. They’re committed to a pretty broad menu so people can do drinks and cheap appetizers or they can do a $40 lamb or steak. I think it’s a good mix.

They have a large bar inside and a good bit of space outside. I expect there to be some wrinkles as they work through the learning curve on crowded days/nights, but I like the concept and hope people will try it and not be bitchy if/when there’s no room. At some point, member level has to have some privileges.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News