ADVERTISEMENT

A breakdown of Jordan Travis's passing depth chart (PFF, pre-florida)

StillaNoleFan

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Sep 13, 2021
Tom Lang did a story before the florida game where he shared Jordan Travis's passing depth chart for the season per PFF. I took a little time to add up the numbers and to figure out QBR's, stuff like that. Note: unfortunately, I don't have access to the data post-florida game. Another note: PFF appears to have removed throwaways from incompletions to give a more accurate view of the stats.

Edit: additionally, these stats are things that DID happen. Literally. They do not include variables like perceived progressions, what was scripted, what was improvisation. For example, Travis scrambling & eluding 8 ND players to find Parchment in the end zone simply counts as 1/1, 8 yards, TD.

The things that stood out to me:
  1. Despite the Tribal Council narrative, Jordan Travis was quite good between the numbers.
  2. He was exceptional 10-20 yards downfield.
  3. He was efficient deep (beyond 20 yards).
  4. He prefers going to his right, and his true completion percentage was nearly 70%

1. Between the Numbers
Stats: 60/79. 75.9%. 640 yards. 5 TDs. 2 INTs. 159.8 QBR
By far his preferred area. And in fact, a large majority of his throws on the season were under 10 yards over the middle of the field.

2. Exceptional throwing the ball 10-20 yards downfield.
Stats: 23/32. 71.9%. 387 yards. 4 TDs. 0 INTs. 214.2 QBR
This was the most surprising element of this breakdown, imo. This is actually pretty incredible to me.

3. The Deep Ball (20+ yards down the field)
Stats: 11/28. 39.3%. 436 yards. 4 TDs. 3 INTs. 195.8 QBR
Could improve that accuracy, but we have to also consider several plays that could have been made by receivers. One example was Parchment's play against Miami. Another was a deep ball before half against BC. With that in mind, his QBR is still very solid & of course the deeper the throw, the riskier and less likely it is to be completed.

4. The remainder of the stats show he prefers going over the middle and to the right. He doesn't go left often. And his true completion percentage was 69.6%

To the right:
33/50. 66%. 559 yards. 6 TDs. 3 INTs. 187.5 QBR

To the left:
10/19. 52.6%. 120 yards. 3 TDs. 0 INTs. 157.8 QBR

Overall stats (through the BC game, removing throwaways)
103/148. 69.6%. 1319 yards. 14 TDs. 5 INTs. 168.9 QBR

Again, these stats are pre-florida and they remove his throwaway passes.

Data is from a Tom Lang post pre-florida game where he provided PFF's passing depth chart.

ta3cswzm07ceadjmkync

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News